PDA

View Full Version : What is the function??

Mazzta
02-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Dear Friends..

I was reading that if you want to go to LP, one of the things you have to change is the Valve (ref # 14).., I have an Electra ACS 05, but i was looking the schematics and exist a Valve Spring (ref #10A) can someone tells me, what is the purpose of that spring?? i mean, i think its just to make the valve stay in place, cause i don`t remember that spring pushing a pin inside the valve or something like that (well, maybe i am wrong, but i can`t see anything about it), also the metal thing like looks like a Star (ref #11) cup seal guide? i don`t get it... :confused: :confused: someone expert to help ? :D :D

Thanks in advance

Mazzta.

shunut
02-18-2006, 01:48 PM
The valve spring closes the valve after the striker opens it and keeps it closed while to marker is in its "resting" position. As for the cup seal guide, it does exactly that. I guides the cup seal the body so that it goes into valve correctly.

Mazzta
02-18-2006, 02:09 PM
hmmm, i think i got it.., but should i need to replace it? if i am going to LP? or i can leave quiet?

shunut
02-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Replace what? The valve spring? Yes if you are going to go LP then you will need to get a spring kit so you can adjust the amount of tension on the the cup seal. This will allow you to adjust how long the valve is open.

Mazzta
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Ohhh, then this is going to be very challenging.., there is a guide to help in this? or just trial and error??

shunut
02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Trial and error.

druid
02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Ohhh, then this is going to be very challenging.., there is a guide to help in this? or just trial and error??

HERE IS YOUR GUIDE TO HELP YOU IN THIS (www.ottersccustoms.com)

go to the "Spyder Pages"