View Full Version : Regulator

02-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a CP Shorty regulator, I hear you can install it under the foregrip. Just a few questions:

1) Does the CP Shorty work with both CO2 and HPA?

2) Should I get it without the gauge, or get it with the gauge? And how would I get the gauge through the foregrip?

3) What else would I need to buy to make it fit/install it?

4) How do I install it? :D

5) Any other regulators you would recommend, i.e. better quality, cheaper, etc... I hear Palmer's Stabilizer is a good regulator, but I don't know if I want one mounted where the ASA is. Again, preferably one that can handle both CO2 and HPA.

02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
CO2 and HPA reg=Palmers stabilizer

Palmers stabilizer (www.palmers-pursuit.com)

installing is easy, with a palmers you have 2 types, male and female.

Male acts like a normal reg, attaching to the body
Female is used as an ASA.

I personally like the Female

02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
If I get the female Palmer's stabilizer, what hardware would I need to install it?

02-26-2008, 05:28 PM


the website is palmer-pursuit.com my bad theres no s

but I really dont think you need much to install it,all it is is an ASA pretty much.

so just attach it via screws i guess? idk talk to deano

02-26-2008, 05:32 PM
To attach the female you either need to buy the mounting rings or mounting block. They are both sold on the Palmer website. The CP reg will not work on CO2 unless it is anti-siphoned and even then it's still risky.

02-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I meant do I need any new macroline fittings, or one of the block or ring mounts on Palmer's website to mount it? Or can I just get the reg and put it straight on?

02-26-2008, 05:39 PM
if you buy the male then yes you can install it without any hassle.

02-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Ahhh, thanks pb34. So no new fittings then? Which do you prefer, the rings or the block?

02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Well you would need one new fitting. The stock hose on the MR2 is metric threaded so you would have to buy a metric to standard adapter so you can screw it into the new reg. I honestly have no preference to the rings or block because I don't own either. I would assume that the block would be sturdier though.