PDA

View Full Version : First Game

Chanel09
02-24-2008, 05:41 PM
My first game today was great besides the fact that my Cocking Bolt came out and I lost it.:mad: (about how much would one of those cost?) Also my gravity hopper couldn't keep up with 3/6 burst or auto. It worked fine on semi just as long as i didn't shoot too fast lol. I think my hopper is going to be one of my first upgrades along with a new barrel.:rolleyes: Maybe a J&J ceramic barrel. I really don't like how my feedneck has my hopper right in my line of sight. Does anyone have any suggestions about any of this? Other than all of this, I absolutely love my pilot acs!

XSiv Force
02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I dont think you can do anything about the feed/line of sight issue. But a Cocking Bolt is probably less than $10, If you get a hopper get the evo III, A friend of mine has an 05 pilot acs and it has the same issue by out shooting a Evo II

Chanel09
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Sandman_Bravo
02-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Here's a link to a replacement cocking pin:
http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/3373147/2940653.htm
I've posted a step-by-step for cocking pin set screw tension so many times I can't count. You'd think they'd sticky one of them.
Oh well, after you get a new cocking pin try this:
There is a set screw at the rear of the bolt that helps hold the pin in place. This screw rests against a small spring and ball bearing. The furthur in the screw is turned, the more spring tension there is against the ball bearing that rests in the small dished out area at the bottom of the pin.
To adjust this screw you will have to heat it up and the metal insert inside the delrin(plastic) ACS bolt that the screw is threaded into. This is because there is thread lock on it. I completely disassembled my bolt to get at the metal center, then heated it with a small torch. You can use a hair dryer or heat gun. When the loc-tite is warm enough you should be able to remove the screw. Let all parts cool and clean off any loc-tite. Reassemble the pieces (ball bearing in first, then spring, lastly screw) and put loc-tite or women's nail polish on the screw threads. I like polish because it holds but can be broken without heat and the wife always has some around. Insert the cocking pin and turn in the screw about a half a turn at a time; all the while removing and re-inserting the pin after each turn. When you get the screw turned in so tight that removing the pin isn't possible, back it off about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn so it is removeable but there is enough tension it won't fly out.
You should be good to go. One other issue some people have noticed is that the slot in the body that the cocking pin moves back and forth in may not be long enough. This can bend the pin or add to the flying out problem. I carefully took a small rat-tail file and lengthened the slot approximately 3/16 of an inch at each end.
If it happens again in the middle of a game, carry an allen wrench in your pocket small enough to fit down in the bolt and use that for a temporary cocking pin.
Good luck.

Chanel09
02-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks sandman I'll give that a try.

pilotsoldier83
02-25-2008, 04:13 AM
the easiest route to prevent the cocking pin flyin out is like sandman said and like ive put in quite a few threads, just file out the track that the pin sits in, front and back, and you should be good to go. as for the feed neck issue, you cant move it without heavy modification, but i do suggest getting a clamping feedneck for a nice evo III or something to sit in. also i would suggest a set of dye sticky 3 grips. the stock grips on the pilot flex out when the battery is installed so that if you get hit in the grips, paint gets in you electronics, which of course is a bad thing. a set of sticky 3 grips will solve that problem and theyre comfy. hope that helps a little.

Chanel09
02-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Yea I've noticed the grip issue. Thanks for the pointers.

Raiderz628
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Check action village for the sticky dye grips I got some for .99
I had the problem with the cocking pin and called spyder and they sent me a new bolt that fixed the problem. A gravity feed hopper won't keep up with any auto settings so you will have to get an electric hopper I have the Fasta and like it a lot. The sticky dye grips will help you in the long run they will keep dirt and paint out of the electrics Get a new feed neck when you get a better hopper. I put a stronger spring in and it helped. You may want to replace the barrel when you can get one a JJ ceramics is a good inexpensive brand I hope this helps

Chanel09
03-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks Raiderz. Every little bit helps.