PDA

View Full Version : battery problemz

interceptorMR2
02-23-2008, 07:58 AM
okay, so my battery went dead (in my mr2) a few days ago when i was doin some target practice and now it wont even charge. is that normal? I have had it plugged in for a day or so and nothing turns on. i took off the grip and nothing was disconnected or anything so..... :confused:

redacidcat
02-23-2008, 09:02 PM
You think thats bad. I just bought my MR2 and my battery went dead within the first 100 balls of use. Now it wont take a charge. All I get when I charge it and try and use it is semi-auto firing and just a blinking yellow or red light on 3 round burst and full auto.

The Pumper
02-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Is your board fried/damaged? Call kingman and let them know.

redacidcat
02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
I hope not I just got the damn thing. I ordered at actionvillage.com and it took 2 weeks to get here, and I only have 15 days from date of purchase to register for my warranty. sure wish I knew that when I bought it! So now I dont know what to do =(

Jungsa
02-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Send them a email, just let kingman know the situation. I had a problem with my ACS bolt and they replaced it with no questions asked, all I needed to do was ship them the bad bolt. Seriously I liked that customer service. They did not make me feel like I was trying to get over on them.

redacidcat
02-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks, I have done so. I hope they are willing to work with me. Here is the email I sent them:

Dear Tech,

I have just recently purchased a Spyder MR2 from www.actionvillage.com. A couple of days after receiving the gun I had my tank filled and purchased some paintballs to get some practice and a feel for the gun. I filled my hopper read the users guide, followed all instructions, charged the battery the day before, and shot some paintballs out my window at a target. Unfortunatley after shooting semi-auto for a few min, I switched to 3 round burst which did not work. The indicator light on the back of the grip switches to yellow and flashes when I try to fire. When I switch to full-auto the light turns red and flashes yellow when I try to fire. There is nothing listed in the users guide that explains that situation. So now I turn to you for help. Also, after ordering the gun it took 2 weeks for it to arrive and after reading the warranty slip included with the gun I only have 15 days from purchase to register for my warranty. So I registerd on your website for my warranty, but I still need to send in a receipt and the warranty slip. Well I all got from them for a receipt was a order shipped confirmation email and a packing slip when the gun arrived.

interceptorMR2
02-24-2008, 08:17 AM
hmm idk, but my gun wont fire at all. battery is completely dead. Ive charged it for ever, and it wont work. im not sure, but maybe my board is fried... Ill try using a regular 9v battery and see if it works. if so, Ill just get a new battery from kingman.

KingJester
02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
If you just purchased the marker and its still under warranty I would call Kingman and ask them to send you another battery because the original battery was defective. No need for you to spend more money when the marker doesnt work properly right out of the box.
I've also read somewhere, maybe on this forum, that regular 9v can hurt the marker electronics. You might need to do a little research on this forum to find out before you proceed.
Hope you find a solution.

interceptorMR2
02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
no mine isnt new, i got mine last summer. :( okay i wont use a 9v then.

SpyderMan723
02-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I've also read somewhere, maybe on this forum, that regular 9v can hurt the marker electronics.

uh oh.. Maybe thats why I have no display colors on my t-board:p

KingJester
02-24-2008, 10:37 PM
well dont take my word for it on the regular 9v battery not working in a MR2. Research it before you draw a conclusion.
Sounds like you just need a new battery. Also dont over charge your battery. When I first got my marker I charged it overnight about 12hrs. I believe a normal recharge time would only be a few hours (2-3).

SpyderMan723
02-25-2008, 06:36 AM
IMO they should make spyders with LCD screens that show the firing modes and battery life

interceptorMR2
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah i think so too, that sounds so much better. LCDs would definetly help. i guess ill just ask for a replacement, cuz my batter just sorta stopped working.