PDA

View Full Version : So Chris Lasoya came to our field...

Ace24
02-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Well... he came to our field and the first 50 people got signed mini bunkers by him.
http://a168.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_3982e95f7d0d56806fd63d70f371da8f.jpg

Yeah... eh.

He signed my ION grip frame. (Only because I had it there to get the on/off button soldered back on due to the idiot who borrowed it, breaking it off)

I got one of the bunkers too. Anyone want it? It's a standup SupAirball bunker with the "Trauma", Draxxus and VForce logo's on it as well.

I'll let it go for $50!!!

Has anyone ever met Chris? He was rather... blah... from his flight in. 11 hours no sleep on a plane will do that I guess, but from what I've seen and heard... he's a real butthole.

Now if Bob Long came... I'd have him sign my shoulder, then get it tattoo'd! haha.

The Pumper
02-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Ya I heard about that. Never really cared about him so didnt bother going out of my way to go there.

Whats the point of a mini bunker?

pbfreak3221
02-23-2008, 04:39 AM
I've met him a few times at NPPL events, he seems okay. Nothing out of the ordinary.

vikingshadow
02-23-2008, 04:56 AM
I've strongly disliked him since the "execution." It was unnecessary, not funny and he didn't prove anything but what a **** he was. Seems that move was about the last thing I've heard of him doing, too.

Glad you got to meet him, though. It's always, interesting, meeting people who are known!

shunut
02-23-2008, 05:22 AM
:yeahthat:

His "execution" only did one thing, it proved all the people right who say that paintballing is a violent sport. It gives the sport a bad name, period. Not something that a marque player should be doing. One of his major goals should be the promotion of the sport. If I had never played before and I saw that video, I'd lose all interest right there in ever playing. He should be banned from all competitions.

mr t
02-23-2008, 05:54 AM
to tell the truth, ive never heard about his "execution". could someone describe me whats that?

and Ace, are you emo?

edit: do you mean this http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=kccGrot0u-w ? i think it was on one of derder movies. when i saw it first time i started wondering who is so stupid

The Pumper
02-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Yes that Lasoya's "execution".

Mr. T..dont even go there with that emo ****. Sheesh. So judgemental.

TheRedBarron
02-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I have met Chris, back in the day when he was still big, wasnt a fan then...

Mr. T do not judge the people that you see here first and only warning.

MR2 Woodsballer
02-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I have never been a fan of his. Way to cocky even w/o the other incident, I thought he was too full of himself. I perfer players/people who are down to earth, and humble. That's just me tho.

LostCause
02-23-2008, 08:53 AM
so i was reading the comments on the video......well one there morons, the person cheats you be the better person and beat them fair. two, dont be a jerk (trying to find nice word) and shot the guy point blank in te back of the head.....

Lasoya :down: :down:

sorry, hate people who do crap like that....

mr t
02-23-2008, 11:17 AM
i didnt judge anyone. just asked if hes emo. is it so offensive? if yes i have to apologize

pinkanese
02-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I have never been a fan of his. Way to cocky even w/o the other incident, I thought he was too full of himself. I perfer players/people who are down to earth, and humble. That's just me tho.

That's the main reason I don't like any of the pro players or teams. Teh only reson I even know the name is because there is a milling style for Timmies.

DFSniper
02-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Now if Bob Long came... I'd have him sign my shoulder, then get it tattoo'd! haha.

i'd beat you to it! :D

i never was a fan, even before he started acting up. back in the day, chris lasoya was only cool because everyone (players, magazines, advertisements) starting hyping him up, so i ignored the hype. the guys from dynasty, on the other hand, seem really down to earth. i was reading something on skinny k's website a few years ago (cant remember what it was about) but after reading it, i was like "i really like this guy!" and from what ive seen from ollie, ryan and the rest, they all seem pretty cool and laid back.

bigred76
02-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, Ted (Ace) is emotastic. :dodgy: You only get to call him it if you understand him as a person, first though. It's one of the common courtesies extended here, we won't judge you on how you look so long as you are a straight up dude.

'Cept Ted when he shanks someone on the field with his knife.... :nododgy:

:p Just kiddin', it's cool you got a free mini-bunker out of it. It's almost tempting to pick it up from you...

Ace24
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I have met Chris, back in the day when he was still big, wasnt a fan then...

Mr. T do not judge the people that you see here first and only warning.

It's ok. I'm used to it... like today some "dudes" said, "...look at me, I'm a rock star" when I walked past... I get told to go cry in a corner and cut myself... what ever. Just because I look some way doesn't mean I am that way.

I wanted to VS him and do to him what he did to that guy... but... he'd probably own me.

'Cept Ted when he shanks someone on the field with his knife.... :nododgy:

:p Just kiddin', it's cool you got a free mini-bunker out of it. It's almost tempting to pick it up from you...

"DON'T YOU DARE BUNKER ME!!! *stab*" Muahahah. :lol:

VS3 Sniper
02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
That's the main reason I don't like any of the pro players or teams. Teh only reson I even know the name is because there is a milling style for Timmies.

Honestly their are alot of pro players I have met and hung out with that are (insert bad word here) and their are just as many that are some of the most down to earth ppl around. For instance like Matty Marshel (sp?), Nicky Cuba, Thomas Taylor, ect. I honestly try not to judge untill I meet someone but Lasoya is just to into himself. It wouldn't suprise me if he started refering to himself in the 3rd person.

MR2 Woodsballer
02-23-2008, 02:31 PM
^^^^Same, BTW Ted isn't as emo as you would think honestly having met him, he is barely emo at all. Sorry for getting off topic.

timmyshoota
02-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Chris Lasoya. :up: :up:

Those of you judging him based on the execution are missing out on the irony. Everyone's spoken out about Chris doing it, but mention nothing of Kyle Stahl being one of the biggest cheaters in the NXL. I can guarantee you he probably deserved it.

vikingshadow
02-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Normally I don't argue with you in the forums, but this time I have to disagree - but I agree with your assesment on everyone else judging him on this one incident, if they are in fact doing so.

However, I'm not judging him solely on that incident. I really never liked him before this. That was just the last straw. I'm sorry, but one wrong doesn't make another one right. Sure, Stahl was/is a cheater, but IMO, lasoya was rude and a butthead WAY before this incident. Even his own teammates couldn't stand him. I definitely respect his ability as a player, but his attitude detracts from that in the biggest way possible.

Ace24
02-23-2008, 08:31 PM
It's no fun playing with a guy who's that into himself. It's like playing soccer with a guy who constantly ball hogs and plays like a one man team...

mr t
02-24-2008, 06:58 AM
^^^^Same, BTW Ted isn't as emo as you would think honestly having met him, he is barely emo at all. Sorry for getting off topic.

thats why i didnt say "go cry in a corner and cut yourself", just asked if he is emo. i never doubted Ace is decent man and good player :)

anyway Ted, sorry again

DFSniper
02-24-2008, 12:47 PM
i wanted to one-up you today Ted, because R. Lee Ermey was at the gun show i went to, but i was busy helping my dad go bargain shopping for his AR pieces and didnt have time to find him. :( but i did see the navigator of the Enola Gay!

HelpDeskHustler
02-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Chris Lasoya. :up: :up:

Those of you judging him based on the execution are missing out on the irony. Everyone's spoken out about Chris doing it, but mention nothing of Kyle Stahl being one of the biggest cheaters in the NXL. I can guarantee you he probably deserved it.

Either way, Lasoya is a douche.

LostCause
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM

lets see, still should be the better person, doesnt mean he should do it. get your morales strght.

ramen
02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
i got the email about this, but i didnt go cause im not really a fan of lasoya.

a little off topic, but nice reffing today Ace, the field setup was great.

Ace24
02-24-2008, 09:23 PM

Who are you? Hahaha.

ramen
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
haha yeah i dont post much, but i remember seeing a picture of you playing and i saw you reffing at nvp today. didnt wanna seem more weird than i already do lol

Ace24
02-24-2008, 10:33 PM
No, like, who are you? What's your name? What do you look like/shoot? Lol.

Just trying to figure out who you are.

But yeah, every Fri and Sun I ref. This week was Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun and I put in over 33 hours. :p

DFSniper
02-25-2008, 02:55 PM
geez, i dont even work that many hours (unless i get called in/work late) a week! i'd quit flippin' burgers in a heartbeat to ref (even if its below minimum wage!!)

leed
02-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I've talked to a couple guys (some Trauma Players - they played with him.. so.., the Trauma Statistician (now working for RL)), and they all say that Lasoya is easily one of the nicest people they know. That is.. Off the field. When it comes time to play Paintball, he's a real douche.

TheRedBarron
02-26-2008, 08:13 AM

That is why Chris looks up to him....

Tito=PBL
02-26-2008, 08:58 AM
that pretty cool....

Ace24
02-28-2008, 09:59 PM
That is why Chris looks up to him....

Pssst, Chris, I think TRB is calling you a douche. :p

Oscum Guy
03-02-2008, 04:59 PM

haha that would be the greatest

pbfreak3221
03-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I met Bob Long once at NPPL boston, he seemed like such a great guy. He was pretty quiet, but was extremely polite.

HelpDeskHustler
03-03-2008, 02:54 AM
I've talked to a couple guys (some Trauma Players - they played with him.. so.., the Trauma Statistician (now working for RL)), and they all say that Lasoya is easily one of the nicest people they know. That is.. Off the field. When it comes time to play Paintball, he's a real douche.

Off the field on NPPL super 7 for fox he always seemed like a douche, especially when he was trying to grab-ass the hostess of the show that would be one of the first major airings of paintball on cable.