PDA

View Full Version : no more System of a Down?

fatkidfrompbaz
02-22-2008, 06:38 PM
system may never return: Former System Of A Down guitarist Daron Malakian has warned optimistic fans the band will never reunite.

The group took a break in 2006 to focus on other projects - frontman Serj Tankian went on to pursue a solo career and Malakian formed a new band with his former drummer John Dolmayan. And Malakian insists his new band Scars On Broadway is the only project he will be working on in the foreseeable future.

He tells MTV.com, "There's no talk of System doing anything. We're not planning on doing anything. If anyone's holding their breath for a System record, they're going to turn blue and pass out. It's a long ways away, if it ever even happens. We don't even talk about it - none of us. This (Scars on Broadway) is my band right now." -Contactmusic.com. could it be true?

TheDarkShadow
02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
yea it sucks they had some good songs with deeper meaning, I do like serj though

mr1newbie
02-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Dang, they're my favorite band

WhatThaSmurf
02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Man, I have no fear about my favorite bands anymore. Once Serj is done with this little solo thing he's on, he'll simply call up Malakian and they'll be cutting new songs within a few months. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was a few years.

mr1 sniper
02-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Malakian formed a new band with his former drummer John Dolmayan. And Malakian insists his new band Scars On Broadway is the only project he will be working on in the foreseeable future.
have they already released an album cause i was looking on itunes and they dont have anything. unless they are call STARS On Broadway:bigshock: :roflmao: :bawling: they better not :D

WhatThaSmurf
02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
iTunes can take a while to get albums from newer bands, no matter who is in it. If they have released a new album, it might be a while until iTunes has it listed. Honestly I don't even know if they have a new album. You might be thinking of Tankian, he released one in October.

fatkidfrompbaz
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
true

bamf-hacker
02-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Poo.... Now I need a new groups music for my videos :)

durrell
02-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Good..now use this opportunity to find better music to listen to than that garbage. :D

marvin-martian
02-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Good..now use this opportunity to find better music to listen to than that garbage. :D

i agree

mr1newbie
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM

i agree
:eek: