PDA

View Full Version : Audio Question

badlandsrox
02-21-2008, 09:29 PM
So i have an RE subwoofer for my truck, in its enclosure and everything, but no amp or wiring, etc for it. Do i need an aftermarket stereo to run it, or should the stock radio be ok, and if so how would i run this setup? Do I need an amp (im almost sure that this is a yes, however, just wanting to be sure)? does anyone know about the RE brand? any suggestions as to amps? and any other information you would like to pass on.

TheDarkShadow
02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
yes, you need an amp
no, you dont need a new radio, but to get a good level of bass to music ratio a good radio would help

badlandsrox
02-22-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah, i kinda figured both of those points, about the amp, that one was because in the previous setup it was in it had no amp... but i later found out that it did have one, but it was set up weird. most of my question as to the subwofer

battlechaser
02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah you defintely need an amplifier for that, the wattage your cd play outputs is no where near enough to drive the sub on its own.

Your radio on the other had can stay stock, you just need a line output converter, or a product like the Rockford Fosgate 360, or JL Audio Cleansweep.

From what I've heard Resonant Engineering is a good brand, normally made for a TON of bass. If you can get me a model number, I should be able to help you out with amp/box choices and what not. It should be on the bottom of the sub's magnet.

Just PM me if you need to know more. I've gone to Mobile Dynamics (car audio school), so I know a thing or two about this. ;)

durrell
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
You don't need an aftermarket headunit, but like DarkShadow said..if you want to really unlock the potential of the sub you definitely should look into getting one.