PDA

View Full Version : WTF this guy pays for my pmr then opens a dispute over payal, scammer?

chnk
02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
This was deal that happened over pbnation under my account with the same username chnk

Aight this guy rosey656 who joined 7 days ago with only 13 post and no feedback came to me through a pm (10:13 pm on febuary 19, 2008) offering 198.00 for my pmr (my gearbag sale thread (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2552695)).

I asked if hey could do $210 and he couldn't so we agree on 198.00 shipped and paypal.

he sends the payment and i check to see if its there and its all there. He confirms his address with me cause the address in his paypal is his brothers in Australia. Then he sends me a message asking me to leave him feedback.

I tell him to post in my thread, he does and confirms it at 10:44 pm the same night. Well at 10:44, I hit the sack to get some sleep to get up at 6 in the morning.

I planned on shipping the pmr out to him this morning. But after checking my paypal in my Itech class i noticed I was $198 short and that his payment was "held" nad he had opened a dispute with me. WTF? I was going to ship before my Itech class but traffic almost made me late, so I didn't get it out.

Upon reading the details of his paypal payment he wanted me to get it out in 24 hours, no where in our personal messages we sent to each other did we discuss when he wanted me to ship.

If I would have shipped out as planned maybe I would have been out of a pmr and $198 dollars.

This seems really weird to me. The deal happened maybe 6-9 hours ago and this guy has a dispute opened on me.

Then I message him back telling him that's messed up and explained to him that I wasn't going to ship out the pmr until the money was back in my paypal.

he replies back "thats my business i paid you for the gun and you were supposed to mail it out today so get it in the mail please"

I reply back to him telling him I won't ship out because I don't shipped first unless I have the cash first with the exception of those who have way more feedback than me. He has read my message but never got back to me. This is also weird.

I have 37 positive feedback and he expects me to still ship the pmr out. WTF?

So now I the first paypal dispute open to me ever and I don't know how to handle that,

i'm going to keep this thread updated, but so far in less than 24 hours of the deal i'm thinking this guy is a scammer so watch out.

I have the personal messages and the emails pbnation sends to me when a get a message. and i can take a screen shot of the paypal dispute if needed for proof.

vwjimmy
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Tell him the deal is off, and tell Paypal too....then report him to PBN and include links to your PM's.......
Sell your PMR to someone else and be glad you didn't already ship it!

chnk
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
i'll give him until tonight just to see what he has to say, if i get no response i'll consider him a scammer and have him reported to pbnation

shunut
02-20-2008, 04:24 PM
He is trying to scam you, I wouldn't give him another chance. His account being an Australian is a big red flag to me. Don't sell it to the guy. Authorize the refund of the money through paypal to settle the dispute. Be sure to explain what it going on with paypal so they have record of everything. Report him to PBN, move on.

DFSniper
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
He is trying to scam you, I wouldn't give him another chance. His account being an Australian is a big red flag to me. Don't sell it to the guy.
yep, as soon as i read "his brother's account in australia" a big red flag popped up!

VS2 King
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow Sounds Like Some Bullspit. Man I Hate People Like This. Gives Things Like This A Bad Name.

chnk
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4315/paypalbu0.jpg

aparently he has a different name from his brother also,

UPDATE

now hes telling me to get his money back for him,

i'm trying to figure out how to report him

XSiv Force
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
i say no to him and move on and sell it to someone else

fatkidfrompbaz
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
that is messed up

VS3 Sniper
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
One thing I don't do is b/s/t with ppl that have just joined a few days ago.

MVS1
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
He screwed up when he filled the dispute before he was sure you had shipped it, paypal freezes the funds in both directions. I'd let him stew, he won't get his money back until the dispute is closed and you have 14 days (give or take) to settle the dispute, unitl then he's SOL, I'd tell him the choice was his, he could drop the dispute and go throw with the deal as agreed or you'll respond to the dispute as soon as you can (a week or so), and you'll drag this out and he won't be seeing his money for a couple of weeks at least. When/If he drop's the dispute refund his money and report him.

chnk
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
aight here is what just happened,

i caught him on messaged him sayig the deal was off,

he said fine and asked for a refund,

i respond back saying i can't do anything because he created the dispute,

then he responds
I DID NOT CREATE A ****ING DISPUTE.

i respond back telling him there is nothing i can do because the money is "held" and not in my hands (he doesn't seem to understand this) and i even sent him a screenshot of my paypal account

responded back to me

you better figure out a way to get my money

he left and is now back on now, and i just reported him to hobbyhorse

he hasn't sent or responded back to me yet

UPDATE i sent the guy a message telling him to either drop the dispute so i can return his money or I can reply to the dispute and he won't see his money for a while,

his response, he read my message and ignored and logged off,

i'm pretty sure he stole the account because he had no clue of the dispute or understand i can't just refund him because of the dispute

watch out for this gu

XSiv Force
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah i believe he tried to steal from you. People like this need to be hunted down and shot

timbertiger20
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah be weary of those nutty Australians I tell you.......they try and confuse by using funny terms and this goofy accent that you can barely understand! Never trust an Australian!.........now if only this were in the MD forums........LOL

Sorry to hear about this but luckily you aren't out anything at all!

deano 177
02-21-2008, 06:08 AM
He screwed up when he filled the dispute before he was sure you had shipped it...
Maybe HE didn't dispute it...

i'm pretty sure he stole the account because he had no clue of the dispute or understand i can't just refund him because of the dispute

I bet that is exactly what is going on. He has this accnt illegally and when the true owners found out from the email they send you, they contacted paypal. This dude is pure fraud. They should ban his I.P. address and report him to the FBI as a cyber terrorist!;)

XSiv Force
02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
cyber terrorism sovled by a bullet to the CPU and to the head

The Pumper
02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
One thing I don't do is b/s/t with ppl that have just joined a few days ago.Me either. I only deal with, for the most part, ASM members.

Drefish99
02-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Hope everything goes well. He can't technically leave you any feedback as nothing was exchanged. The deal was canceled. So if he tries to leave you negative feedback let me know and I can see what I can do.

chnk
02-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Maybe HE didn't dispute it...

I bet that is exactly what is going on. He has this accnt illegally and when the true owners found out from the email they send you, they contacted paypal. This dude is pure fraud. They should ban his I.P. address and report him to the FBI as a cyber terrorist!;)

the mod i pmed said he couldn't do anything to help me, still waiting for hobbyhorses response

cyber terrorism sovled by a bullet to the CPU and to the head

only if it were that easy

yeah i believe he tried to steal from you. People like this need to be hunted down and shot

i plan on hunting him down or getting him banned atleast

Me either. I only deal with, for the most part, ASM members.

well i was going through so many smooth deals i didn't think anything of it, cause some of my feedback is from people with no or little feedback,

the australia thing should of flagged something cause the guys name wasn't the same as the address and name he gave me.

well i have a new rule now to add to me b/s/t rules,
confirmed addresses only

Hope everything goes well. He can't technically leave you any feedback as nothing was exchanged. The deal was canceled. So if he tries to leave you negative feedback let me know and I can see what I can do.

thanks

UPDATE THIS GUY IS A CONFIRMED SCAMMER,

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2564885
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2558791

fatkidfrompbaz
02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
same thing happened in arizona this 14,15 or 16 year old scammed some people and they tracked him down found his house here it ishttp://www.pbaz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37395&highlight=scammer

TheDarkShadow
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
you are one lucky mother****er that you didnt ship that out

chnk
02-21-2008, 08:08 PM
same thing happened in arizona this 14,15 or 16 year old scammed some people and they tracked him down found his house here it ishttp://www.pbaz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37395&highlight=scammer

actually that was an interested read thank,

i'm working with the other guy he scammed so hopefully we can track this guy down. Its gonna be hard because hes given us both bs information

chnk
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
you are one lucky mother****er that you didnt ship that out

the one time im happy about traffic

king-man
02-22-2008, 07:44 AM
i hadsomething like this happen to me not to long ago through ebay, said about the same thing over and ipod but never opened a dispute jsutsaid he wouldnt pay me, so i never shipped, eneded up he has a -2 feedback now, if only the world wasn't so fudged up

HelpDeskHustler
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I always research people's dumb stories. I had a guy tell me he was a juvenile court judge who was using a friend's account (5 days old) because he didn't want to make a new one just to trade his timmy. Turned out to be total BS. :dodgy:

chnk
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
i hadsomething like this happen to me not to long ago through ebay, said about the same thing over and ipod but never opened a dispute jsutsaid he wouldnt pay me, so i never shipped, eneded up he has a -2 feedback now, if only the world wasn't so fudged up

I know, i wished i cool deal with someone with out having to worry about **** like this happening, My paypal cash pays for all my pb stuff , so i hope paypal gets this done soon

I always research people's dumb stories. I had a guy tell me he was a juvenile court judge who was using a friend's account (5 days old) because he didn't want to make a new one just to trade his timmy. Turned out to be total BS. :dodgy:

I generally don't think anything about the seller as long as he's paid for the item. Now i know better

phatphil
02-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Take it from someone with a lot of experience in that area:

Never, ever ship a high value package internationally unless the buyer has paid with a money order. If the buyer opens a dispute saying they did not receive the item (whether they truly did or not) Paypal will refund their money 100% of the time because they don't offer seller protection to international addresses. It's happened to me more than once, although for much smaller dollar amounts.

MVS1
02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
the australia thing should of flagged something cause the guys name wasn't the same as the address and name he gave me.

You know I wonder if this is similar to what happened to my wife. She runs a home business and sold some stuff to a guy on e-bay that was in the Netherlands and submitted payment through Paypal with a mailing address in New York. He had contacted my wife before hand and cleared it with her (this was someone that she had done business w/before and trusted), however Paypal still froze the funds and it looked like he had filed a dispute, but in actuality Paypal's automated fraud protection program flagged the fact that he was buying from one country and providing shipping info to another. When she contacted Paypal they informed her that there was an internet scam going around and that somehow the scammer could actually get into your Paypal account and not only empty that but also any bank account tagged to provide funding for transactions using paypal. This may explain what went on and why he insisted that he didn't file a dispute. He may or may not have been trying to run this scam on you, but then again this all may have been generated by paypal's fraud protection. Just a thought, and honestly he sounds extremely shady from what you have posted and I have no doubt he was trying to rip you off.