PDA

View Full Version : Mask coverage(or should I say non-coverage?)

deano 177
02-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I love my mask. I haven't really had any issues with it at all. I guess this would be the only thing. It's not that big a deal... but not very nice to get shot up high!
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Paintball/DSC01581.jpg
the neck hurt worse than the jaw shot.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Paintball/DSC01580.jpg

I guess it's not really the mask's fault... anyone know how to make your head smaller?:)

pbfreak3221
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Neck shots are just part of paintball, if you can't deal with it they sell neck protectors.

deano 177
02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Neck shots are just part of paintball, if you can't deal with it they sell neck protectors. Wow. I didn't say I couldn't deal. I just didn't expect to get poped on the jaw.

TheDarkShadow
02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
ouch, looks painful

bigred76
02-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I hate to say it, but I have to agree with PBFreak. I'da said it nicer, of course... Neck protectors are out there for very cheap and prevent stuff like that from happening.

I remember once when I was playing woodsball I came around a bend and someone laying inside a bush off to the side shot me dead on right in the throat.... it hurt like a mother ****er!

Hossy
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes they are a part of the game, but they are a pain.
I got bonus balled there once, major hickey-like marks ftl :thumbdown:

druid
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Wear a Whippersnapper and you learn to hide/move your head better/faster...

pbfreak3221
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Why do people hate to agree with me lol?

bigred76
02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Because of how you wrote what you were trying to get across. ;) Kindness and friendship are major parts on this forum, and that post wasn't either. It tried to be, it wasn't overly offensive, but it just didn't make it in my mind.

PBFreak, when I was balling it up in Lodi with VS3 Sniper, I got hit in the side of the neck. Half the ball hit the jersey, and the other half got my neck. Now THAT looked like a hickey, lmfao! My girlfriend almost killed me when I got home and she saw it!

MR2 Woodsballer
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I remember once when I was playing woodsball I came around a bend and someone laying inside a bush off to the side shot me dead on right in the throat.... it hurt like a mother ****er!

had the same damn thing happen to be except i took 5 shots in the neck and it started bleading. i was playing woodsball too someone jumped out from behind a tree. hurt like hell bought a neck protector before i went back out was so uncomfprtable took it off and never used it again.

DFSniper
02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
i took a bounce to my adam's apple the last time i played. i knew it bounced, but it hurt so bad i called myself out anyway. i never liked neck protectors because they itch and hold sweat. if anything, get a thick turtleneck and wear it under your jersey.

pbfreak3221
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I got shot once in the neck, and it didn't hurt that bad, but once I went back to the staging area I felt it and it was bleeding. Ten minutes later I felt it... ouch

Ace24
02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
ouch, looks painful

You think thats bad... you should see the one I got reffing an NPL Tourny. I'll get the pic up here in a second. I couldn't feel the blood dripping down my neck until someone told me I was dripping blood onto my shirt.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/0902071457copy.jpg
Thats after I cleaned it. It felt like I got punched in the jaw. I couldn't hear out of my right ear for a good 10 mins.

TheDarkShadow
02-20-2008, 12:07 PM
damn

spray and pray
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah get a neck protector. I got hit in the neck a few times. Bigred, your girlfriend almost killed you? Mine dumped me....... :( She said she didn't believe it was a paintball.

TheDarkShadow
02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah get a neck protector. I got hit in the neck a few times. Bigred, your girlfriend almost killed you? Mine dumped me....... :( She said she didn't believe it was a paintball.

wow, I'm glad I dont have a girlfriend :dodgy:

deano 177
02-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Because of how you wrote what you were trying to get across. ;) Kindness and friendship are major parts on this forum, and that post wasn't either. It tried to be, it wasn't overly offensive, but it just didn't make it in my mind.
I kinda took it that way, too. I was just trying to show my "battle scars" but it felt like you were calling me a puss.:p

.You win for the most painfull looking neck/jaw shot!:D

kramernator
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
wow, thats a bad on, i have seen only one that beats that, i shot a guy from about 15 yards:o , it was right in the neck, not so much on the jaw bone, he was pretty proud of it.:D

he actually thanked me for it, yeah he is a little out there

vikingshadow
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I was mouthing off about never having been shot in the throat one day, then that very same afternoon, I took a bouncer off a bunker - right next to my Adam's apple. The guy that shot the bunker was about 20 feet away when he did it, so it stung quite a bit. It didn't do anything other than swell up a bit - fortunately I don't bruise easily (except on the inside of my arm and that spot where your arm meets your body...)

Later that same day, I took a shot on the side of my neck pretty close to that pressure point we have...Moral of the story - be careful what you say!

I still won't wear those neck guards though.

chnk
02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
i remember going for a bunker kid pops up aims at my face misses the first couple of shots, his ramping kicks in hits me in the throat, the rest of the shots hit me goggle, and I eat alot of paint.

damn ramping mode, **** hurt and i ate alot of paint. wasn't a fun moment

Ace24
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/0904070934bcopy.jpg
That was almost a month later. It took around 3 months to go away. Flaked, scabbed, pussed, and wouldn't stop aching.

Paul219
02-22-2008, 07:25 AM
I play with my 10 yr old son, I have him wear an old baseball hat backwards with the visor pulled down to protect the back of his neck and we both wear neck protectors. I have a fat neck 18", The neck protector is neoprene, I just stretch it for a couple of minutes before I put it on and it's fine

HelpDeskHustler
02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
look on the bright side, at least your teachers didn't assume the worst and call child protection services.

Ace, that one looks pretty bad.

On a side note... I had a friend who got a hickey and it turned brown (we kept referring to his girlfriend as the "neck puncher"/"Dyson") and his swim coach brought him into the counselor's office so they could ask him if there were any troubles at home. Needless to say, we all LOL'd some more.

cyberthrasher_706
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
That was almost a month later. It took around 3 months to go away. Flaked, scabbed, pussed, and wouldn't stop aching.
Man, I don't have any good paintball stories like this one, except for the ones I get on my stomach boobies. I did have one about this bad on my eyebrow from an airsoft shot. That thing was bleeding and pussing all day, and we were heading out to go paintballing in the wet cold all day so I was having some serious vision problems. That thing was so swollen it was like another head under my mask.