PDA

View Full Version : New gun from planet eclipse.....SL8R!!!

VS3 Sniper
02-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Here is the new gun from planet eclipse.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/Headshot_015/SL8R_1.jpg

Muddytaco
02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Trigger guard looks massive.

I am completely over egos, found guns that shoot better then them.

shunut
02-19-2008, 10:53 AM
I got that email this morning. Hard to really tell what it looks like though.

I am completely over egos, found guns that shoot better then them.

Which gun would that be?

TheDarkShadow
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I really like it

bigred76
02-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Hmm, I wonder... Could it be? :questionicon:

The Ego's alrite, I hate these kind of pictures where they don't actually show the damn gun.

Hossy
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
The little emblem thing on the gun looks like it says Sex.
I dont like how PE has way to many of these tease things as well.

Do you know what it will go for?

chubb0rz
02-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Do you know what it will go for?

My guess is the low price of $1299.99

marvin-martian
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
mmmm, SLR
http://www.seoski-turizam.net/mercedes/mercedes-amg-wallpapers/benz-slr-wallpapers.jpg

pinkanese
02-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Which guns would that be?

Lets see as far as I am conserned here is the list in no particualr order

Vking
Excal
E-Mag
Pnuemag
Nicely tuned cockers
Anythign form PPS
Cyborg
Maybe real nice Timmies.

Egos are nothing much but hipe, especially since every new model jsut has less metal and more plastic. Not to mention they all look the exact same unless you get yours annoed, but that is still not much diffrence.

xsvly-fat
02-19-2008, 12:42 PM

my guess is $700 more then that

chubb0rz
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM

Vking
Excal
E-Mag
Pnuemag
Nicely tuned cockers
Anythign form PPS
Cyborg
Maybe real nice Timmies.

Egos are nothing much but hipe, especially since every new model jsut has less metal and more plastic. Not to mention they all look the exact same unless you get yours annoed, but that is still not much diffrence.

6 out of those 8 I would exclude just on weight alone. I think cyborgs and the new generation of timmys (vice) are the only ones that compare very well. Egos very easy to maintain, breakdown and just plain use. Like with most guns, bad experiences are from the end user not tuning his gun properly and the performance suffers.

my guess is $700 more then that
No that will be the XSV version released a month after this one :shhh:

shunut
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Vking
Excal
E-Mag
Pnuemag
Nicely tuned cockers
Anythign form PPS
Cyborg
Maybe real nice Timmies.

Purely opinion bud. Like chubz said the only two I think are close are the Borg and Timmies. Personally I love Egos, but once you get up to the high end markers they are all going to perform about the same.

xsvly-fat
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
No that will be the XSV version released a month after this one :shhh:

cheater

HelpDeskHustler
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
so ugly.

king-man
02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
it looks alright butlike someone else said you cant even see the ***. plus i dont thin the trigger guard is big enough :dodgy:

HelpDeskHustler
02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/v/vspfiles/photos/TR%20244-2T.jpg reminds me of this ugly frame

xsvly-fat
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/Folders...l8r_teaser.mov

found a video

Muddytaco
02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Which gun would that be?

The '06 cyborg i had shot smoother, more consistent and had less kick then my 07 Ego, just one example. I will leave it at that so i don't bring the thread OT.

pinkanese
02-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Purely opinion bud. Like chubz said the only two I think are close are the Borg and Timmies. Personally I love Egos, but once you get up to the high end markers they are all going to perform about the same.

Your post is purely opinion as well.

You can't tell me that any gun (okay firne I will give you the 'Borg) can out perform a Viking.

applesauce
02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
they all shoot the same... that being said

i would like to see if this marker has any technological advances, or if its just a new mill job.

bigred76
02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
"OK, fine???" Dude, compare the rams on them like Taco did! They're almost the same. The difference is that the Cyborg weighs 50 tons less so your arms don't fall off when you pick the damn bugger up! The Viking is a damn good gun, but Shunut is right. When you hit a certain level of guns, there is a performance "plateau," per se. They're all about the same, and it then comes down to the user to pick a gun that fits them. If the owner wants hype and "prestige," they get an Ego. If they want pure performance without regard to weight, they get a Viking. If they want Viking-like performance at half the weight, they get a Cyborg. If they want a single tube that has a poppit still, they get a Marq. Etc, etc, etc. One person's scale doesn't go for everyone. ;)

BTW.... My Cyborg wasn't even tuned in completely when Taco got it... The next will be badder! :D

QAZ123
02-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Your post is purely opinion as well.

You can't tell me that any gun (okay firne I will give you the 'Borg) can out perform a Viking.

Actually most newer markers can come pretty close (if you're talking about efficiency) plus they are a lot lighter.

I'll never understand though the whole concept of being so anal about marker's though. I own a UL pmr. The last three tournaments I have played I've used my ul'd pmr, a PM7, EGO7, and a Mini. Each time it never crossed my mind that the Ego7 was "better" than the PM7 I'm using now or the Mini can't "keep up" etc. etc. I just go out there with any marker, DO MY JOB and come off the field with hopefully another win.

I just don't think much about the technical side of a marker as long as it airs up and shoots!

JB.

TheDarkShadow
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
mmmm, SLR
http://www.seoski-turizam.net/mercedes/mercedes-amg-wallpapers/benz-slr-wallpapers.jpg
I second that

I'm think'n $1799.99

shunut
02-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Here it is.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/SL8R_Released.jpg

Eclipse SL8R Technical Specification
SL8r

Exclusivity. Style. Performance. Passion. The key ingredients to the most highly desirable and sought-after production marker in the sport.
Very limited numbers, combined with bespoke items that are never for re-sale or made available as upgrades mean that you are guaranteed to stand out from the crowd.
Exciting, cutting-edge styling, combined with unique performance and style-driven features give the SL8r itís individuality to set it apart from and above the other models in the Ego range. Sweeping curves moulded to the interior layout ensure that whilst designed to appear as an object of desire, its form follows function in considering every fraction of an ounce in its construction.
But style is nothing without performance. Optimised to perform at the very highest levels of the modern game, the SL8r is capable of speeds in excess of 55 cycles per second, and has been tested firing paintballs with the BBSS system enabled at rates of over 35 balls per second. Combine this kind of firepower with efficiency that in real-world conditions allows the user to empty over 11 pods from an average sized tank, a weight that makes it the lightest marker in its class, and you have a product that any Pro, in and league, would die for.
But ultimately the SL8r is designed with passion, by players with passion, for players with heart, who desire only the very best that Eclipse can produce.

Feature List

Unique SL8r Features:

Bespoke SL SL8r Body
Bespoke SL Adjustable and Fixed LPR Caps
Bespoke SL Magnetic and Spring Trigger Return
Bespoke SL Cure2 Bolt
Bespoke SL In-Line Regulator
Bespoke SL OOPS Assembly
Bespoke SL Clamping Feed Assembly
Bespoke SL Low and High Pressure Valve Guides
Bespoke SL Trigger Frame
Bespoke SL Zick Kit and Rammer Cap
Bespoke SL LPR Torpedo
Bespoke SL LPR Piston
Bespoke SL Contour Eye Covers
Bespoke SL Circuit Board
5-Piece SL Shaft Barrel Kit
Viz-Eyes Red BBSS System (these are called Lazer on website)
Audible Expansion Board on Circuit Board

Ego8 Features:

Ultra-Lightweight Monoform Body
Deftek Offset Feed Tube
Integrated Rammer Housing
Integrated FRM
Larger Valve Chamber
Lower Operating Pressure
Dual Trigger Sensors - Microswitch and Opto
Dual Instrument Grade Ball-Raced Trigger
Skinny-Fit Co-Moulded Rubber E-Star Grips
T-Slot Rail Mounting System
Capped and Uncapped Semi and Ramping Modes
Compatible with 2008 Rules for all Major Leagues
9 Debounce Levels
Direct-Acting Solenoid
Black on White Backlit Transflective LCD

Technical Specifications
All Measurements include Barrel (14”), OOPS, Battery, Ready-to-go:

Length: 536 mm
Height: 218 mm
Width: 26.5 mm
Weight: 839g/1.89lb
Operating Pressure: Approx. 285 FPS @ 180 PSI With LP Valve Guide

I personally like it but I'm guessing the price tag is going to change that :undecided:

pbfreak3221
02-20-2008, 09:43 AM
1.8k price tag.

Drefish99
02-20-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/newsletter/articles/SL8RGallery.jpg

$1800 is way too much for that or any Eclipse gun. That is just ridiculous.

TheDarkShadow
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm think'n $1799.99

1.8k price tag.

I win :). hmm... I change my mind, I'm not really liking it, the trigger guard is too big and square

$1800 is way too much for that or any Eclipse gun. That is just ridiculous.

just wait, it will be cheaper when they make it the ego 09 ;)

Paradox313
02-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Ugh, the frame just kills it for me.

I'll just pick up an SL74 or Ego8

Muddytaco
02-20-2008, 12:54 PM
So they add bespoke name to the parts that are already stock and add $800 to the price tag.....sweet deal.

timbertiger20
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM
That color combo is hot! But not $1800 hot...........

HelpDeskHustler
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
It's the same size as the ego 8 essentially, but the monstrous guard disproportionalizes it.

Hob Hayward
02-21-2008, 03:30 PM
The blue/gold color scheme is bleh.

Overpriced markers ftl.

HelpDeskHustler
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
The blue/gold color scheme is bleh.

Overpriced markers ftl.

Looks like Blue/washed out tan, hence the name ocean.

Hob Hayward
02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
How does tan = ocean?

Ace24
02-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I still think it looks like a toy.

bigred76
02-21-2008, 10:33 PM
How does tan = ocean?

Sand. ;)

Don't like it one bit... 'Course, I don't like any of the new Ego's....

LostCause
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/CSchaffs/SL8R_Released.jpg

i only like the pure

but $1,795.....heck no....

applesauce
02-22-2008, 02:38 PM
i kinda like the looks, pretty unique color scheme. not knowing much about egos, does this one have any mechanical/electronic advantage?

Jegger24
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I absolutely love the cold steel. WHEN the ridiculous price tag drops to something more appropriate... I will consider it.

TheDarkShadow
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
the color combos ftw, price ftl

nastystankweed
02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Those colors suck and that price is ridicoulous. I dont care if it shoots 35bps youre not allowed to shoot over 15. You are a real retard if you buy that you could buy something for less then half the price and still get good performance. That gun is a joke and anyone who is dumb enough to buy that over an 08 or 07 ego because of 35bps is too.

bigred76
02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
... Excuse me??? Where the hell'd that come from??? The Cyborg goes 35bps, you have a problem with that too? Why not complain about the Spyder as well? Its platform can hit 35bps too! Of course, it'd take a ****load in upgrades... why do that when you can buy a marker that already does it? :dodgy: What does the BPS of the marker matter? I'll tell you what... the faster the marker can shoot, the more consistent in lower BPS's it'll be. It's the same theory for hopper and tanks, the faster they can go, the better they are in lower BPS's.

Now, with that said, imagine, for a minute, that you are a professional paintballer in the NPPL Super Seven. It's 2 minutes left in the final game, your team is against the team that tied you for the win. It's down to you against two on the other side of the field that have crossed it up: one in the back right 50 can, and one at the 30 dorito on the left. They're shooting their sponsered DM8's. Now, those are damn good guns, and they're running properly bored Ultralites with some excellent paint. Both are good gun fighters, and they narrowed down your team by taking out the two players before you.

You're shooting that Ego SL8R as it comes stock from the factory with good paint. You'd stand a chance in hell if you also had some gun fighting skills as that gun is one of the few on the market that, when used in a game, actually seems to become an extension of your body for those short periods of time. It's designed for that, unlike almost all of the other markers out there. You shoot out the 30 dorito, bump up a little, snap and outgun the 50 can. He tries wiping, but the ref calls him out because he sees the other balls that you hit him with because of how consistent and accurate your gun is. You run, grab the flag, and end the game. Your team is now #1 in the Super7.

Now, what is the matter with owning a gun like that if you're going to win the grand prize and first place of one of the largest paintball circuits around? None at ALL. If you think not, you're the retard. Some people will buy it for an "agg" factor, which is truely retarded, I can agree to that. But if the gun is used for the purpose for which it is made, which is to WIN tournaments, then the gun will easily pay for itself many times over with it's quality.

VS3 Sniper
02-22-2008, 08:01 PM
^ well said Tim.

LostCause
02-23-2008, 09:11 AM
very well said, and you amke a valid point.

just ill never have the money for that lol.

TheDarkShadow
02-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I believe nastystankweed just got served....

Chris Cole
02-23-2008, 12:34 PM
No, sir, I don't like it. Yet another Eclipse product I won't be buying. However, I'd like to thank Planet for making DYE seem economical.

bigred76
02-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I believe you meant to say :pwnd: or :nutkick: ..... :D

After playing in the paintball for over 6 years, I like to believe I know something about how the sport works. :wiggle:

I have to agree, Chris... The DYE and Proto products are looking a lot better now after these SL's from Planet Eclipse have each been released. They're WAY more than my budget, especially when an '06 Borg suits me better personally...

chubb0rz
02-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I like the color schemes and the milling, haven't looked at a regular '08 for differences but it looks simple and clean. The only advantage i can see from the oversized trigger guard is i can fit and spin a short allen key when removing the frame, but for an $800 that convenience isn't worth it.

nastystankweed
02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I respect youre point but what im saying is that there are 08 egos with performance good enough for the nppl that dont cost 1800 dollars. Its the same platform think about it.

bigred76
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
The '05 Ego's the same platform too. Does that mean it's as good as it? ;)

nastystankweed
02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
You got me big Red im just pissed cuz ill never get one.:cry: :cry: Oh well:cool:

bigred76
02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Lol! Don't worry, I'll never have one either. Planet Eclipse IS an excellent company, but I prefer MacDev's products much more. Even If I did have enough for one of those beasts, I wouldn't ever get it as I'd have no use for it. :shrug: I don't play tournaments that much, so there'd be absolutely no point for me to get it when I have a perfectly good Cyborg.

Ace24
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
The '05 Ego's the same platform too. Does that mean it's as good as it? ;)

I'd own one before I'd own an Ego8 though. Hahaha. Purely because I'm cheap. :D

Hey Tim, want to find me a '06 Borg for $350? :p

I still think that Ego looks like a toy.

SpyderMan723
02-29-2008, 06:07 AM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/newsletter/articles/SL8RGallery.jpg

Gorgeous marker!

But mine is better:dodgy: