PDA

View Full Version : Spyder vs. Angel

amaro321
02-17-2006, 06:14 PM
You know what i was thinking would be a good battle? a Angel vs. Spyder battle woah!! that would be the best. Feel free to post coments and pics of what you think....:D

vikingshadow
02-17-2006, 06:24 PM
What? I don't get it....

Spyder paintball gun vs Angel paintball gun?

amaro321
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
no i mean a team a Angel team vs. a Spyder team. a spyder team with fully equiped guns! that would be hot!

Drefish99
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forums. Just remember that Paintball is 90% the player skill and 10% the equipment. So with this said if it was a moderate skilled team all with Angels and Bad Company I would put my money on Bad Company.

amaro321
02-18-2006, 06:28 AM
ohh.............wow technical........hahaha.......

vikingshadow
02-18-2006, 06:33 AM
However, if you were to put Joy Division against Bad Company...I'd take Joy division....

Given equal skills of all players on the field, with one side shooting the newest blow back spyders and one shooting the newest Angels - it could turn out to be whoever made it to the flag first. However, if you were to line the guns up side to side and compare features...Angels win, hands down - yes, I own a spyder AND an angel - I'd take the angel any day.

amaro321
02-18-2006, 06:49 AM
ohh....but i bet (if i was in it) that it would be a fun a chalenging battle. cause i have heard of people on this forum with some real sick guns like they have upgraded guns to like 45CPS and just have a lot of sick upgrades with T-Boards and Z-Boards Im just saying that it would be a very interesting fight especially to do like a D-day scenerio game or somthing. it would be awsome!

vikingshadow
02-18-2006, 07:04 AM
I don't know. My sonix has a ton of ups on it, and it's low pressure, etc. I also had a massively up'd TES and T1, and none of them compared to the angel - except, well, there's just no comparison.

As far as cycles go, all guns can cycle extremely fast. But put paint in them, and most with aftermarket boards are going to be limited to the shooters finger speed and how well you have your trigger/microswitch set up.

Now, if you wanna see company against company, the IAO does a tournament every year where the teams all have to be shooting guns from the same manufacturer.

amaro321
02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Really thats hot man.

Xecutiv3
02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Spyders are like the Honda Civics of paintball, cheap, effective, and upgradeable. Angels are like the Ferrari's or Lambourghini's, fast, clean, and purty. Spyders are good and all, but they won't match up to a Angel's gas efficiency, reliability, or ability. However, if you drop in $100 on a Spyder, you can get it to shoot as fast as an Angel, but thats about it, Spyders usually cant run on less than 300psi (and thats after heavy modification), but Spyders can be upgraded into different guns, like Intimidators or The Ones. If you dish out the high dollars to make it a Timmy, you can make it just as effecient/reliable/fast as an Angel
When it comes down to it, if you have a gun that can shoot straight with 15bps at 300psi and never give you any problems, then thats all you'll ever need.

DFSniper
02-18-2006, 12:11 PM
ive shot both (Imagine and a 2k1 Angel) and on both i maxed out at 12bps. like vike said, its the skill.

crazybrazilian
03-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know, spyders are nutorious for not beeing acurate, and the angels don't have that problem. Is not all about how fast and concistant a marker can shoot.

colonel_moo
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah, if you leave the stock barrel on both. if you put the same barrel on a spyder and an angel, they will shoot equally as accurate

personally, i dont even really like angels. just not my style. im a matrix guy :)

phatphil
03-02-2006, 11:25 AM
They will shoot the same accuracy with the same paint and same barrel.... until you factor in the spyders blowback and kick. Then the spyder jumps and accuracy goes :down:. Spool valves ftw.

DRAGON
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
.... until you factor in the spyders blowback and kick. Then the spyder jumps and accuracy goes :down:........

Depends on who's Spyder you're shooting and how it's configured. I think I pretty much have this Spyder thing to a science. People seem impressed when trying mine out and it's a Spyder so I don't think they're just patronizing me. I get the, "quiet, little recoil and great trigger action" comments all the time. Angels? Meh.....no comment :rolleyes: cept I'm deffinately not a fan -

FullMetal
03-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Angels get way to much credit, don't get me wrong there are an excellent marker and all, but there not my favorite and seems not to be most peoples favorite. Its mainly noobs that seem to put them up on a golden pedestal and portray them as godlike. I prefer Timmy's and DM's my self, and I think Cocker's and Timmy's would be a better match.

colonel_moo
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Angels get way to much credit, don't get me wrong there are an excellent marker and all, but there not my favorite and seems not to be most peoples favorite. Its mainly noobs that seem to put them up on a golden pedestal and portray them as godlike. I prefer Timmy's and DM's my self, and I think Cocker's and Timmy's would be a better match.

well, angels do get alot of credit, but its justified. angels are great markers, and i give WDP credit for not necesarily try making the smallest gun possible, but trying to make the best. id shoot an angel over a timmy any day. they both operate pretty much the same (both pin valves) but WDP actually developed the gun to operate the best it could. bob long just kinda slapped a ram into a blowback and called it a day. just because a gun is smaller and looks cooler doesnt mean it shoots better.

yeah, newbs give put it on a pedistal, but thats just because its the only high end gun they know of.

but spool valve > pin valve

FullMetal
03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I think it just boils down to what your comfortable with, I really don't think one marker is better than another marker, just some markers give you more options than others, and I know some people swear up and down they this marker X is better than than marker Y and they know for a fact because they've played with both and it made there game better, which is most likely them just feeling more confident and more comfortable because its what they like and and think is better. It just like a Pimp, its a great gun but I suck with it couse my damn hands to big for that little frame but my friend kicks ass with it couse he has little women hands. Paintball 95% skill and experience and 5% equipment. I wished wearing a dye jersey made me better.

thechubbss12
03-03-2006, 03:46 AM
I happen to own both an angel and a spyder at this minute. I personaly would take my spyder over the angel anyday. Now granted my angel is a older model but i know from experiance with my friends angels that they run of the same basic idea. I Like angel but i personaly love the feel of a spyder in my hands then any other marker.

vikingshadow
03-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Well, I have a spyder, a T1, a shocker, and an angel. (Blowback, pin vlave and spool valve.) I've shot DM's, Protos, Timmys and just about most every other gun, just since this summer, so I have some experience. Wanna know the truth?

Spyders rank WAYYYY down the list. Even my very upped Spyder shooting low pressure and everything doesn't reach the feel of these other guns. Don't get me wrong! I still really like them. But I can't say they compare to my other guns.

Then, just above that would be the Timmy. I shot another one this weekend because a while back I shot one and didn't like it - but assumed we didn't know anything about them and had it set up wrong. This one was supposedly set up perfectly and, sorry to say this for all you Timmy lovers out there, YUCK! I just couldn't get the feel of it. Not saying they're crap guns, because they aren't, but I just don't like them for some reason.

Now, since the question is Angel vs Spyder, I have to say that I love the way my Angel shoots WAY more than my Spyder. Not to dis Chubbs up there ^^^ but no way would I take my Spyder (remember, very up'd!) over my Angel. Also, my Angel is blind and doesn't have any up's but a barrel, clamping feedneck and unimount. It just feels better, shoots better and is much lighter (yup, lighter!) than my spyder.

However, of all the different types, I'd take a spool valve any time. The DM's, the Protos and my Shocker and all the other shocker's I've shot - in my opinion - blow the other types of guns away. Except for maintenance issues, which aren't that tough at all, I think they're the best operation I've owned.

colonel_moo
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
haha vike, should you really be a mod on the spyder forums :dodgy:

/joking... please dont ban :)

QAZ123
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Give me a gun that shoot's 280-300 fps and some good ball's and I'll shoot it. I've owned everything except Viking's and Cyborg's and I honestly just don't care it don't matter to me whatsoever. Right now I have a timmy and it shoot's great I've never been able to walk another marker like I have my timmy but I'll end up gettting rid of it soon cause that's just the way I am. In all honesty if Tippmann would just put out a marker that was vertical feed and a little up to date I'd buy it in a heartbeat but that' the only thing stopping me is the feed(and the fact that I have six 98C's in my house right now).

TL;DR
If it work's I'll shoot it.

P.S.
Phantom's pwn all!

JB.

vikingshadow
03-03-2006, 11:58 AM
hahahaha! While I was typing that, I wondered that myself!

Don't get me wrong - I love spyders. I started out with a Spyder, and I'll probably end up with one. It's just that all things have limitations, and ignoring them isn't going to change the fact that it has them.

Until then, I'll keep putting my nose in where it doesn't belong, hopefully helping people with marker problems and keeping this board a wonderful place to visit.....

calebh
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
*cough*mags*cough*

spyder vs angel, tho... whichever youre most comfortable with. ive never actually played a game with an angel, but ive played plenty with spyders. i know how spyders work, and what they can and cant do. for a rec day, theyre cheaper, too. co2, less paint... but for a tourney, especially if i had a little time to get used to the angel, id definitely pick it.

marvin-martian
03-05-2006, 12:54 PM
moo, so we should all create spyder propaganda because its a spyder forum? hes telling the truth, which is that kingman is a good entry level company while angel is more high-end.

ttink
03-05-2006, 12:55 PM
*cough*mags*cough*
Amen brother, amen.

druid
03-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I've taken on Angels with my TBoarded Esprit and they never knew what hit them. When you pitt 2 similarly matched guns against eachother, it falls back on technique, skill and endurance...the player

colonel_moo
03-05-2006, 02:48 PM
moo, so we should all create spyder propaganda because its a spyder forum? hes telling the truth, which is that kingman is a good entry level company while angel is more high-end.

calm down, i was joking.

TheRedBarron
03-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Im not even going to state my opinion here, I cant beleive my eyes on half of these posts.

druid
03-05-2006, 08:25 PM
:lolsign: :roflmao: :lolsign: :roflmao: :lolsign: :roflmao:

lugnut808
04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
drefish99, what if both teams had equal skill, but one team was equipped brass eagle blades, and the other with angels

ooglieboogliebob
04-02-2006, 06:33 PM
... well if they were equal skilled .. then i'd have to vote for the people on the angels ... but lets just not get into that .. ;)

DexGtr
04-05-2006, 08:18 AM
:rolleyes: this thread should die...this is a pointless as my WTF thread.