PDA

View Full Version : VS2 is killing me

Elfmaze
02-19-2008, 04:24 AM
I have had this thing for a year now and have never been able to play a full day with it. Its been to kingman once. and has gotten new valve springs and new detents.

Internally its stock, But my problem is sometimes i go out and it runs thru a hopper(qloader) beautifully. But then another day i'll go out and it will spit balls worse that a eagle talon.

Its almost as if somedays depending on humidity the ball detents will hold onto the ball too tightly and cause the striker to slow down and not hit the valve properly.

I have heard someone say to lube the detents. What with? standard pb oil or a grease?

Doc77
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure that I fully understand what your question is. How often do you clean and oil your marker? When you do clean it, make sure to check all of your o-rings for nicks, scratches, tears, etc. Gold cup is a good oil to use on your marker.

Elfmaze
02-20-2008, 06:39 AM
yes we have been over the whole marker numerous times. it has also been to kingman for overhaul. I have been plying with spyders for 8 years now, so i know how to breaak them down and lube them. I'm not having a oring issue here.

The problem i'm having is that it seems the detents are holding the ball too tightly which is slowing down the bolt and reducing the impact on the valve, thus not shooting the ball properly.

Problem is it appear this problem is somewhat unpredictable. sometimes it works(mostly in teting) and then durring games it dies again.

king-man
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Take ur detnets out and put a little dab of thefinger of gold cup or sumthing like that or take one out, I've noticed sum detents r differnet and stick out farther if u have one of those take that one out, 1 detent is enuff to holdthe ball

Elfmaze
02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm currently waiting for a good charge to try another test with oiled detents. But hand cycling the bolt feels much better.

I accually took one detent out and tried playing a game that way. Again testing in the back yard worked perfectly. But on the first round the gun shot 10 rounds before balls started shooting out the barrel on there own. One detent was way too light for the positive pressure feed. Again it was tested in dry weather and played in humid just rained weather

Elfmaze
02-20-2008, 11:01 AM
just did a test fire with oil on the detents. First ball sputtered out of the marker. had to recock, they the rest of the 99 balls shot beautifully...

I accually took one detent out and tried playing a game that way. Again testing in the back yard worked perfectly. But on the first round the gun shot 10 rounds before balls started shooting out the barrel on there own. One detent was way too light for the positive pressure feed. Again it was tested in dry weather and played in humid just rained weather

pbfreak555
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
mod your bolt. drill longer notches for the detents on each side. that's what i had to do with mine.

deano 177
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Could you take a razor knife and shave a little off one dent? Then if you need some more take a little off of the other one...??? IDK. Just trying to throw some things out there...

pbfreak555
02-20-2008, 11:24 PM
no all that would do is increase the chance of chopping paint.

Muzungu_Mbaya
03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Try a little Dow 33 on the detents and bolt. Rub it on and then wipe it off. It'll give it a slick surface that won't be as oily. You may have to reapply one or two times through out the day.

mikegia5
03-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I've compared two VS2 bolts side by side, and found that one had a larger ball detent groove than the other. When I put in the bolt with the smaller groove in the gun and push it by hand past the detents, it would stick. But the larger grooved detent slides past the detents easily. If your bolt sticks when you move it, try drilling it a little larger.

Tech Steve
03-24-2008, 01:32 PM
do you have the older style bolt or the newer style bolt? the newer style bolt has bigger ball detent grooves so the bolt doesn't touch much if at all...

sciphan
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
The grove for the ball detents is the problem. I don't know if this is common knowledge yet, but it should be. I have a vs1 and vs3. I was having all kinds of problems with the vs3 recocking but non with the vs1 (modified for low pressure). When I switched the bolts out, the vs3 worked flawlessly. I compared the bolts and saw that the vs1 detent grooves were larger than in the vs3's bolt.

Since the vs3 is a blowback working at low pressure, anything that catches or slows down the bolt on return will cause the marker not to recock properly. Since the bolt will rock slightly to the sides during it's cycle, if the detent grooves are not large enough to compensate for this slight wobble the bolt will stick ever so slightly as it comes into contact with the detents.

I purchased a bolt from alamo city paintball and that solved my problem.

bigred76
03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
You can deepen the grooves fairly cheaply with some low grit, then high grit sandpaper. Use the high grit to deepen them a little less than you want, then use the high grit to finish it off smoothly. ;)

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
all you need to do is send in your bolt to kingman and they will send you the new bolt with the deeper grooves... these bolts have been out for like 4 - 5 months now at least...

icemann jono
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
You did mention the gun Not working during Wet/humid days.
Delrin is a mother fudge for that.
If the VS bolts are made of good delrin, (not sure) The bolt itself can be expanding in humid climates to create drag within the body. (as delrin usually does)

my cocker Supafly bolt was notorious for that.

(or the detents can be subject as well)

STRIKEFIRST
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
If it's high quality "food grade" delrin it won't swell.

lsongj721
04-09-2008, 09:06 AM
wait...delrin is edible?! lol oook

But ya, you coulda just asked for a new blt from kingman, sanded the grooves a little deeper, get new detents, or get an acp bolt.
I had the old bolt, so i had recocking problems like a mother.

I first got timmy detents, and trimmed those down. So i had almost no friction on the bolt. Then Faithalone gave me a M7 chip and a ACP del-flo for free! So it made it even better.

BTW, if anyone wants to know, im the same lsongj721 from PBnation.
i checked my mail this morning and found out they verified my account. :D