PDA

View Full Version : MR1 Mechanical trigger, full automatic

Paul219
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I modified my mechanical trigger to fire full automatic, it is extremely fast. Why don't more people do this? Could this damage the marker? Does anybody have any idea what the rate of fire is for a full auto mechanical trigger?

deano 177
02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I modified my mechanical trigger to fire full automatic, it is extremely fast. Why don't more people do this? Could this damage the marker? Does anybody have any idea what the rate of fire is for a full auto mechanical trigger?
Thats pretty cool but a lot of fields in my area don't allow full auto, whether it's mechanical or electric. Could you describe what you did to make it do the full auto thing? Can you also shoot semi? Pics?

slim and shady
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
im interested in knowing what you did as well.

Paul219
02-18-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't have any pics, thre's really nothing to see, it's a stock MR1 with a small un-seeable mod. It did it this way, the sear has an oval hole where the pin passes thru it, holding the sear to the frame. I tapped out the pin, removed the sear, found a small pice of metal, not unlike a paper clip, but something that would allow the pin to also pass through the hole when the two where in there together. I cut the paperclip very short, so it would fit in the sear without sticking out on either side, I use a litle glue to hold it in place. Make sure you glue it in the correct end of the hole, the end closest to the trigger. I then put the sear back in the trigger, popped the pin in and it was done. The purpose of this is to stop the sear from slipping forward after each pull of the trigger. If then sear can't slip forward and stop the striker, the bolt will just continue untill you release the triger.

frank2591
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I've seen that mod on youtube, problem is its so fast that the balls would chop even with a very very good hopper, at least it looks that way, when it shoots the bolt moves like its running low on air, i dont see how anyone can shoot it...have you even tried shooting it yet? IN FULL AUTO for about 10 second hold down, if it did work what hopper are you using? Here's the link to the mod...http://youtube.com/watch?v=_pIG4gV44H4 thats how to do it...this is what it would look like http://youtube.com/watch?v=2nYsDViXa_k&feature=related...dont see how it would work correctly...

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

slim and shady
02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
That would probably be the reason no one does it.

frank2591
02-18-2008, 06:47 PM
That would probably be the reason no one does it.

Yea, that and i just dont think that spyder internals are meant to move that fast...althought i do have the kingman 07 E frame on mine normally i leave it on semi or burst.

The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.

Paul219
02-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey, I watched the video, I did exacrly what he did with the sear, the only difference is I put the spring back in it's original position. I didn't use a paper clip to hold the spring to the trigger frame. My mod is undetectable, until you pull the trigger.

I haven't shot the gun yet, I don't have a feeder that will keep up with it. I would think the ROF is around 30 of 40 balls a second. I'm also looking for a mod for a MR2 ACS bolt to fit it into the MR1, anybody done it ?

N_Dub_Spyder
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
This is ridiculous. I doubt that there will be success with this mod, but I hope that it does work out. Let us know if it does work well. 40 BPS would be retarded. Isn't the fastest gun in the market only 34 or 35 BPS???

camo_mr1
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
it may sound like 30 bps but id be willing to put money on its not, may even throw some coin down on it just spraying goo lol, i have a rocking trigger set as sensitive as it will go and even still with running a finger up and down the trigger, shooting ropes i really dont think it over 20 bps but it will be tested soon lol

deano 177
02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
This is ridiculous. I doubt that there will be success with this mod, but I hope that it does work out. Let us know if it does work well. 40 BPS would be retarded. Isn't the fastest gun in the market only 34 or 35 BPS???
+1

Untill I see balls flying out of it....

slim and shady
02-19-2008, 05:09 PM
I would have to say that I agree, there is no way that it could work. IMO

irishwarrior
02-19-2008, 06:17 PM
If that works, which I doubt (unless you could find paint flexible/strong enough to withstand that amount of force and a homemade hopper to keep up), it would be the sickest heavy gunner gun ever! I can see it now... 68ci 4500psi air tank, 1000 rnd hopper with super-fast electro feed and an ATV for carrying it all. With the ATV that would be a tight fast-attack vehicle.

Paul219
02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm going to keep the trigger as is, it's a second gun. When I find someone with a fast feeder I'll test it and do a Chrono on it to see just what the ROF is. I'll update when I have more information.

nazar
02-20-2008, 10:16 PM
ok this is the way i did it i tuuk my rocking trigger and got me a t-bard, set my max bps(36) and got a pulse with rf chip.....not a single chop dont doubt the mr1 its fast and with lighter internals it can shoot 40 bps
and all you would need is a q-loader and ive seen a pilot with a qloader shoot like 36

nazar
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
also the max cps on an mr1 is around 35-36 bps

N_Dub_Spyder
02-22-2008, 05:43 AM

By "cps" I am assuming you mean chops per second? This is a false statement :cussing:

bassmasta
02-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I did this once with a brass eagle marauder. it's great with a qloader, but you get between two and four seconds of firing before you have to load. you also slaughter your bolt once your detent freezes if youre on co2

TheDarkShadow
02-23-2008, 10:51 AM
I did this once with a brass eagle marauder. it's great with a qloader, but you get between two and four seconds of firing before you have to load. you also slaughter your bolt once your detent freezes if youre on co2

lol I bet the gun was one frosty mo fo

Kenny_McCormic
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM

A spyder cycles more like 40, with a derlin bolt and polished internals mine cycled 43. I goldwaved it and can provide vids and sound clips if needed. need to goldwave my cheapo e spyder clone to see how fast stock internals are.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-25-2008, 05:24 AM
How about someone posts a vid of them successfully chonographing a spyder over 30bps for more than a second or two??? I think that this thread is full of a bunch of people trying to impress one another with pipedreams. ...food for thought... If $100 - $300 Kingman Spyders are capable of successfully achieving such high rates of fire, AND continue to be riliable and consistant... WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY EGO'S AND ANGELS ECT...???

deano 177
02-25-2008, 07:33 AM
How about someone posts a vid of them successfully chonographing a spyder over 30bps for more than a second or two??? I think that this thread is full of a bunch of people trying to impress one another with pipedreams. ...food for thought... If $100 - $300 Kingman Spyders are capable of successfully achieving such high rates of fire, AND continue to be riliable and consistant... WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY EGO'S AND ANGELS ECT...???
I think that we don't see it because that thing is a blender. And if it could fire balls like that it still wouldn't be legal on some fields because it is full auto. It's nice that these guys are looking for ways to make their markers better and get more performance out of them but just making the sear trip every time the bolt comes back does not an EGO make.:p

N_Dub_Spyder
02-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah it would probably be a paint blender. lol. I love to see people mod things for the better... I just don't think things like this are a good idea. Guess someone has to try it though.

irishwarrior
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
ok this is the way i did it i tuuk my rocking trigger and got me a t-bard, set my max bps(36) and got a pulse with rf chip.....not a single chop dont doubt the mr1 its fast and with lighter internals it can shoot 40 bps
and all you would need is a q-loader and ive seen a pilot with a qloader shoot like 36

I agree a q-loader should solve any feed problems. They can feed 35+ balls a second and if my knowledge of the mechanism is good than the act of shooting a ball should cause the next ball to move as the other ball is moving. Like, in a spring-loaded rifle magazine.

DRCeccato
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
q-loader advertises 30 bps, though I think you may want to put a few extra pre-winds on the spring to make sure it'll feed a little faster than normal. The problem is there's a good chance that the pressure the extra pre-winds generates may end up compressing the ball in the chamber and a second ball will "block" the bolt from firing.

But i'm pretty sure this mod is well beyond 30... though a frame by frame may give you an idea what the actual firing rate is.

TheDarkShadow
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
you need a magna, so you have a $150 loader for a $100 gun