PDA

View Full Version : lpr/reg question

hostar
02-17-2008, 06:42 AM
I was running into an issues yesterday. I was setting my lpr gauge to 250-280 so that i wouldn't have recocking issues. but for some reason after a couple shots i would jump past 300, I tired this several times and it was still going up past 300.

I was told that i might need to oil my reg and something about the plates?

is there any way to oil it with out taking the damn reg apart? like put oil where the air connects and shoot through it? or just open it up and dab some oil in there?

OR was temperature playing a factor in it since it was 34 - 40 degrees yesterday when we were playing =)

Hossy
02-17-2008, 06:56 AM
The temp may have played a little bit of an part.
I live right by you actually, and i didnt think the weather was that bad.
Had you broken your reg in before? what reg is on your gun?

deano 177
02-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I had some of the same issues with mine yesterday. My weather was a balmy 75*ish, so I'm sure that it didn't have anything to do with mine... My stock reg was set the last time I played to around 270ish but when I first put the tank on that morning, the psi was a little low(about 220psi). I turned it up to 280 and ran about 50 balls through to make sure every thing was good(and chrono). After the first game it had jumped up. I adjusted it back down once we were through and didn't have to touch it again. I have put about 6000 balls through it.

king-man
02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
take the gold filter out of the reg, then take your gun on 220ish and dry fire about two tanks constantly and you should take care of it

EDIT
also if you play scenario and you shoot alot throuh it it probably wont help, now speedbal will definatly break that dude in, i broke my stock reg and my cp reg in in one day of speedball for each

camo_mr1
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
you might as well take the reg apart and grease it, it will have to happen one day, yes take the gold filter out but id run it at 250 psi instead of 220 psi. do what king man said with the tanks or id just play at 250-270 psi for a while

king-man
02-19-2008, 04:27 PM
the only reason i say that is because i turned my friends down to that and it ended up being around 240 the gauge wont read right for a while and unlessyou have a bigger gauge you dont wont to risk blowing it