PDA

View Full Version : Can't lower my fps

felceaz
02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi guys! i finally got my chronograph and i see my MR2 is shooting between 300 and 330 fps. My gun i relatively new only 3000 rounds fired.

I just can't correct it with my velocity screw, what else should i do?

I play in cold weather 22 to 12 celcius degrees.

My MR2 setup:
20oz Co2
Coil remote
20" J&J Performance Barrel
Alamo City Striker (lightweight)
Alamo City Del-Flo bolt 2 o-rings, also have stock and Alamo City Low-Blow.
Kingman Clamping Feedneck
Kingman Fasta 18V

Also i just got some new MR1s and they shoots above 300 fps, velocity screw at minimun speed too. they are stock.

wylde01
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
one thing that you should do is get a spring kit. it comes with different springs that can either raise or drop your fps. that should help alot. my mr2 also shot hot when i first got it.

darth massacre
02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Mine still shoots hot after a year. Get a spring kit and give the different springs a go. You might need to figure out the best valve spring/striker spring combo so it may take a while. Or you can cut springs in 1/4 inch increments to see if it works for you. That's the last resort though. I've trimmed off more than an inch on my striker spring and its STILL shooting hotter than permitted on the fields I go to :D

I'm not complaining though, my friends all have A5s and they can't get their speeds up.

spyder-Mr2
02-17-2008, 12:09 PM
yeah, that happend to me the first time I went to go pntballing with my mr2 ,so the guy who works there said he could cut the spring or replace it and he replaced it for me.

wylde01
02-17-2008, 06:36 PM
def only cut the spring as a last resort. buy a spring kit first.