PDA

View Full Version : 1st day with MR2...

grubel
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
It was hit and miss. It chopped about 6 times badly, with paint going up the elbow and making it impossible to hit anyone. Sometimes the anti chop bolt kicked in and de-cocked the gun, which while annoying was better than a chop.
When clean it shot well, but the accuracy was less than I expected. It could have been the paint and or me using co2, I don't know. I found it hard to make what would have otherwise been an elimination had the balls went where I wanted. I had the same inaccuracy issue using my 14" j&j ceramic or the stock barrel.
I was chronoing at 285-295 with the adjustment screw backed out all the way. This might be part of the problem as a slightly lower fps might have smoothed out the shots a little.
Anyway, still had a fun day and got plenty of eliminations. I like the MR2. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.:)

SkinWalk3r
02-16-2008, 06:44 PM
have you broken in the bolt yet ?

grubel
02-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably not. I stuck a squeegy brush down the barrel pressing the bolt back for a day or so.

wylde01
02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
maybe try breaking it in for a couple more days, but it should already be broken in enough. also what type of hopper are you using? a good force fed one is what you really need.

grubel
02-17-2008, 04:26 AM
I was using a rico-AK. I was thinking that was part of the problem as well.
I plan on getting a reg, faster loader, and air. Then a new board with eyes perhaps.

wylde01
02-17-2008, 10:11 AM
yea you will def. need a new hopper. switching from co2 will also be good.

grande juevos
02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
switch out for bob long intimidator detents, and an electronic hopper (I got a halo b) - your first day with the mr2 sounded like my first day!