PDA

View Full Version : New Halo V35

deano 177
02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
So I just got a new Halo V35. I was looking at the battery config. With the six AA's they give you 9.5 volts to operate with. The battery connector is the same as a 9volt battery. I have about 12 AA rechargeables so I should not have an issue with keeping good batteries in the thing but I was wondering how a regular 9volt would work in a pinch? I realize that it might not run as fast or last as long because there is probably more amperage availabe with the AA configuration. Could I put two 9volts on this thing in parrallel? That will double my amperage but keep the voltage the same. Does anyone know what type of milli amp output a regular 9volt battery has? One standard rechargeable AA's says that the milli amp hour is 2500. I almost went to Radio shack to look at getting a hook-em-up but got sidetracked and couldn't make it. What do you guys think?

Critical
02-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not quite sure how you got to 6 AA getting 9.5v, 6 1.5v batteries equals 9v even. A standard Duracell coppertop 9v battery has a nominal rating of 565mAh. In comparison, the rechargeable NiMH Java battery has a rating of 170mAh. One thing to consider is that typically, a rechargeable battery has slightly lower voltage than an alkaline, for instance, a NiCad AA battery (and, I think, NiMH as well) has a voltage of 1.25v, so, make sure you don't loose any functionality from that.

Muddytaco
02-15-2008, 06:39 PM
You have to you use two 9 volts with harness to wire the batteries in parallel (i think, whatever one keeps voltage the same)

deano 177
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm not quite sure how you got to 6 AA getting 9.5v, 6 1.5v batteries equals 9v even. A standard Duracell coppertop 9v battery has a nominal rating of 565mAh. In comparison, the rechargeable NiMH Java battery has a rating of 170mAh. One thing to consider is that typically, a rechargeable battery has slightly lower voltage than an alkaline, for instance, a NiCad AA battery (and, I think, NiMH as well) has a voltage of 1.25v, so, make sure you don't loose any functionality from that.I don't know either. I guess the AA's were at 1.5833333---volts:D . My meter said 9.5 so go figure. Most all my rechargeables were reading 1.4--. So not that big of a drop off. There are some 9.6 volt rechargeable ones on action village that have 270mAh discharge rates.

You have to you use two 9 volts with harness to wire the batteries in parallel (i think, whatever one keeps voltage the same) Series adds voltage and parrallel keeps it the same. I know I would have to get a harness, hence the trip to radio shack that didn't happen. I'm just not sure about the amperage and if it will be enough. One 9volt did make the loader run but I didn't put that many rounds through it. Thanks for the replys guys. Any one else have an opinion?

pb34
02-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Using two 9 volts will work. Its called the 9 volt mod. Type it in the search bar and you could prob find some info about it.