PDA

View Full Version : shocker help...

DyNasty9
02-17-2006, 03:10 PM
ok so i was dry fireing just a few minutes ago and i turned the air on and shot one shot and it was the worst sound ive ever heard it was like a short skreech when i shot. so i was like wtf, so i turn the air off and then turn it back on and now it doesnt shoot at all:mad: so i jsut tore it down and im lubing everything including the reg and stuff, but anybody know why it did this? i think i blew the solinoid but i dont know what happens when you do that. any help would be great, specialy from you shocker owners.:confused: :confused:

vikingshadow
02-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, at first, I thought it was that infamous shocker "honk". The reg tends to do that from time to time. Mine's been doing it lately, also. I think it's the cold...

Anyway, I'm not sure why your's wouldn't work. Mine just honks once, and it's done. Let us know after you lube it if it shoots!

DyNasty9
02-17-2006, 03:40 PM
ya it sounded like a honk, but the weird thing is its just wouldnt shoot after.im still in the proccess of takin the reg apart to lube it but i came back here to print out some stuff from ZDS and im putting it all in a binder nice and organized. but you dont think it could be a blown solenoid do you vike?

QAZ123
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Finish the lubing and we'll go from there. Sound's like a friction honk.

JB.

vikingshadow
02-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, don't know why blowing a solenoid would sound like a honk. I think it's just the friction thing, but lube 'er up for a start....

phatphil
02-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Change the battery also.

DyNasty9
02-23-2006, 09:54 AM
ok well i think i figured out why the honk was happening. i couldnt get the reg apart cuz i didnt have the right size allen wrench so i finally got out to get it last night.so get the reg apart and im re lubing things and then i realize the piston oring was chewed up. so i replaced that and i put it all back together and i go to put my tank on and i found out i have no air cuz my freind left it on my friends trix and it all leaked out some how. however, i did do sme research on this and found that it is the regulator that causes the honking(good call vike) so i think im going to pick up a new reg. think they will be selling the new maxys on the 06 dynastys? those look really nice. ill let you guys know when i get my air filled if everything works out.

*EM1-Master*
02-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Go for a CP or something... It's worth it...

ShadowX
02-23-2006, 12:16 PM
ya, i dont think there is much of a difference between the 04-05 maxys, compared to the 06, i think they just changed the milling.

DyNasty9
02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
i like how the sidewinder looks and i know its a good reg but im not sure if it would flow( not air flow i mean looks) well with a shocker, anybody seen any picutres of one on a shocker, if you have could you post it id like to see it.

druid
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
evolve PI reg....$65 and just like the 2-liter

vikingshadow
02-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Just stay with the maxflo and put a new oring in there. It's one of the top 5 regs there are unless you got one of the bad ones. Save your money for something else to put on that bad boy!

QAZ123
02-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Just stay with the maxflo and put a new oring in there. It's one of the top 5 regs there are unless you got one of the bad ones. Save your money for something else to put on that bad boy!

Ditto! You won't see any improvement by buying another reg! Just keep it lubed!!!! The reason your o-ring was chewed up was probably cause it needed lube! I'd stick with the same reg if it was mine!

I'm almost tempted to get back into the shocker family!

JB.

DyNasty9
02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
ok well i just got back from the feild the same o right got chewed up, the piston o ring. the tech at the field said your suposed to lube it with dye lube and not shocker lube? is he right or just playing with me? i really dont wana have to replace the reg or replace that o right every time i play.

QAZ123
02-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Shocker lube should have worked. Not sure what is going on.

JB.

vikingshadow
02-25-2006, 12:02 PM
He's playing with you. SP recommends Shocker lube for all lubrication of their guns. Check the inside of your reg to make sure there isn't a burr in there that's catching the oring and chewing it up.