PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the game..............

TLM1
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Howdy.
This is my first time on the forums in quite a while, so a little re-introduction may be in order.

I used to go by the name "TravisM.1". That was back in '04/early '05, when I was last really active in the game. Some of the older members may remember me- Dragon, Durrel, BAMF, Otter, maybe Vikingshadow.

I remember VikingShadow's Sonix (seems like a cult following around here now), Dex's dremelled victor, Suprbugman's "deadly sins" Spyders/Milleniums, Whyttrash's AMG, and Mr.Trooper's AMGs.

I went thru a series of guns, starting with a TL+, moving on to an E99, and finally ending up with a Black-and-Chrome AMG LCD. It's got the usual upgrades for a marker that was last played with three or four years ago- Stainless boomstick, ACP AMG vert adapter, a combination of springs from a few different kits, a ported and polished bolt, polished striker, 50g switch with magnet mod, Dye stickies, hi-flow valve, Java feedneck, AA Vigilante reg w/LP spring, on/off cradle, 20oz Co2 w/ anti-siphon, and 18v revolution.

Anyhow, Its been a while since I played, and I heard a paintball advertisement on the radio the other day. It was like turning a light switch back on. I checked out Actionvillage/paintballgear.com for the first time in years, and I'm amazed at how far technology has come and how low prices have become. So, now that I've got some stuff straightened out in my life, I look forward to playing again. I can't wait.

DFSniper
02-13-2008, 04:53 PM
welcome back! theres still a lot of the old guard around, and everythings pretty much the same except for everyone's new guns. as for prices, the only thing thats gone up instead of down is paint :p

TLM1
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
It's a little less expensive than it was, but not nearly as expensive as real ammo. :)

bamf-hacker
02-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome back....

It is still expensive, unless you go pump then it is not so bad.

DFSniper
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
It's a little less expensive than it was, but not nearly as expensive as real ammo. :)

hah, yeah. my dad paid almost $40 for a box of 30-06 ammo, which is about as much as i spend on paint per day at the field. i'd hate to see what the ammo for his future AR15 is going to cost...

Critical
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
.223 ammo for an AR15 can go for anywhere around $0.75-$1.00+ per round.

TLM1
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
AR15...

I've got two of them myself, and I've been paying ~$7/20 rounds locally. Wal-Mart had some 50gr hollowpoints for $57/200 a while back, and I stocked up then. Its cheaper in bulk, and currently prices are up around $400 or so for 1000 rounds of basic 55gr Federal. Wolf ammo is less expensive, but its made in russia, is in a steel case, its dirty, and isn't as consistent.
Another problem is that the steel case wears the extractor in an AR. Its not reloadable using standard equipment, and when its fired, the steel doesn't expand to fill the chamber the way a brass casing does, so you end up with a lot of carbon around the shoulder area of the chamber, which can cause trouble with extraction.

TLM1
02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
.223 ammo for an AR15 can go for anywhere around $0.75-$1.00+ per round.

Standard 55/62gr brass-cased ammo is about $0.40/round right now. Some stuff is more expensive, like Hornady's TAP ammo, but thats more the exception than the rule.

calebh
02-13-2008, 07:35 PM
fyi, there's a multi quote feature now. technology hasn't just advanced on the paintball field ;)

welcome back to the game :D i haven't played in months due to the relatively extreme cost of playing while a poor college student, but i'm waiting on a phantom to get here, and then i'll be right back out, playing for a heck of a lot cheaper. :D