PDA

View Full Version : Empire Reloader 2 on Pilot ACS

phobos512
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the sound-activated "Empire Reloader 2" on their Pilot ACS? I run a VL Force right now (came with my gun in a kit) and I am annoyed with how much noise the thing is constantly making.

Hossy
02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
It will work on your gun, but I wouldnt suggest it.
Id suggest something more high end like a Egg, Reloader B, or Halo B if you have the money.

LostCause
02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
or a used vlocity jr with a chip

tumtum00
02-12-2008, 10:26 AM
i have a pilot with a tboard, and can get it up to about 18 bps and my fasta hopper keeps up great, it is sound activated also. I have tried 9v version but get the 18v version and don't waste money on lcd, led works just fine. It shoots better than my buddies halo b w/out rip drive. I added it and had a few dry fires with it. this hopper is great no doubt

Solar
02-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I was running the Empire Reloader 2 for a while. Pretty quiet. I liked the magnet lid. For the most part it could keep up with my shooting

But when you start to run low on paint it doesn't feed as efficiently. And if your running low on paint in a match... it's probably not a good time to not be shooting at full capcity. I would save up and get a used halo or something. You can get them pretty cheap.

pilotsoldier83
02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
the vl evolution III is gonna be your best bet for your dollar. 23 bps and you can get it with the z board for $59

phobos512
02-14-2008, 07:18 AM
the vl evolution III is gonna be your best bet for your dollar. 23 bps and you can get it with the z board for $59

How is the profile of the Evo III on a gun as compared to something else like a Halo?

Problem I have with the Evo is...it's just sooo ugly. Lol. Think I'd rather just spend $30 more and get the Halo B or something.

Let me ask you more experienced folks this - which tends to be better - sound activated or eye activated?

Paintballer5000
02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I have a vertue board in my pilot and have a fasta on it. works great

pilotsoldier83
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
its all personal pref. i like the eye activated as well as most of the guys i play with, who also happen to use the evo III, but others prefer the sound activated. it just depends on you. the guys i play with are all on our local speedball team and most of them use the evo III.
as for the profile, its gonna be about the same due to the feedneck that the evo uses. it may even sit a little lower than the halo but havent really checked it out

xsvly-fat
02-14-2008, 03:04 PM
or a used vlocity jr with a chip

qft i have an egg 2 and a jr and i regret buying the egg

pilotsoldier83
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
but like i said its all preferance. the guys i play with use the evo III in speedball tournements and love em, i love mine and there are others who cant stand. personal preferance. phobos, just go out to your field and talk to a few people who use the hoppers that your lookin at. most of the time they might even let you try theres for one game to test it.

Paintballer5000
02-14-2008, 05:50 PM
It does not matter what you get.At least if it can
keep up with you.

phobos512
02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Well I took your guys' advice and ordered an Empire refurb'ed Reloader B2 (!!) off of EBay from a 100% seller. I'm excited.

Yesterday my step-son and I went out to screw around with his new gun (got him an Icon X for his bday) and I outshot (on semi-auto) my current loader (VLForce) for the first time, I was pretty impressed with myself.

:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/phobos512/joe_gonna_get_ya.jpg

Altpunkrock
02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
id deffinatly go with a halo b with rip drive

phobos512
02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
id deffinatly go with a halo b with rip drive

Well I didn't want to deal with the possibility of the Halo B not working with certain kinds of paint I may encounter (since it uses a reflective eye rather than a break beam eye, it won't work with certain colors or finishes of paint) so I went with the sound activated Empire B2 (all of which come with rip drive). I'm really looking forward to trying it out especially after I got it for $40 less than retail WITH shipping (so an easy $55 or so dollars cheaper than it would have been new from most any place else).

:cool:

Altpunkrock
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
very true. Its all a matter of opinion. Im glad you found what works for you