PDA

View Full Version : VL Revolution Hopper

Scionic
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey all,

I went into my friendly neighborhood Paintball Store today and they happened to have a used VL Revolution just sitting there. I've seen this hopper recommended more than once as a helpful upgrade to decrease chopping, so I grabbed it. I couldn't pass it up for $15.

It was kind of dirty and banged up so I cleaned it up and hit it with a coat of olive green paint, repaired the spring on the lid and replaced the batteries and now it's ready to go, and working. I have a question though.

I'm playing woodsball and I'm mainly just concerned with my tactics using this hopper. n00b that I am, I didn't really think of the noise an electronic hopper generates. Can I use it at a lower BPS without having it on so I don't reveal my position until absolutely necessary? What I'd really like to know, is how some of you veterans manage your noise pollution when you're sneaking around in the woods. When do you turn on the hopper? I'm hoping to learn from you wisened masters!

Thanks!
-Scionic

Hossy
02-12-2008, 07:21 AM
I always keep the loader on. The loader you got, which is commonly referred to as a Revvy, is a really loud loader. I definitely would have gone with another loader, but it seems that your happy with what you got.

Scionic
02-12-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't really have a frame of reference so far as to what is loud or not, and this loader was such a cheap investment that I can certainly consider something quieter if it doesn't work out. Can you recommend a quiet, woodsball friendly hopper for a good price?

And if I can keep it off and fire slowly, that will help. Is that possible at least to conceal myself until a fire fight breaks out? The only thing I can see being a problem is that I'll have to be a little distracted flipping the toggle. I think a little practice will iron that out.

Thanks again!
-Scionic

Hossy
02-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Id suggest the Qloader, but idk how good it would look on your gun.

Id suggest an egg or a Halo. Used they are cheap, and they are good loaders. They are quiet-er, but not completely silent.

bigred76
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Just leave it on... when your gun shoots it'll go on, but the sound of your gun firing will mask it. ;)

Walsh
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
well if you play a lot of woodsball, and you like deals go to wall mart and by a really cheap loader ( non electronic) and use that for woodsball and use the loader you have for speedball

Scionic
02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey again!

Thanks to everyone for the input so far. Will I run into any trouble with the Revvy if I leave it off while firing a 2 or 3 round burst on my Sonix? I would guess it works as well as a regular gravity feed hopper in that case. Is that right?

-Scionic

TheDarkShadow
02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
it will shoot the balls in the feedneck 2 or 3 balls, then the paddles may be in the way from letting more balls into the feedneck

Scionic
02-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Ok, thanks! That should be fine then. I appreciate it!

-Scionic

kramernator
03-01-2008, 07:40 AM
i have a revvy, and it only turns on when there are no balls in the feed neck, it has eyes on the inside so it isn't on all the time............just like big read said

druid
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
There's also the part where you can get neoprene covers for the hopper. The neoprene will quiet the loader down considerably. Actionvillage may have them.

deano 177
03-27-2008, 08:57 AM
You may want to check into the sound activated loaders as well. I have a halo frontman for my mr1. it works pretty well.