PDA

View Full Version : Field Objects

Quick_2
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
What are the best places to get free/ cheap objects for bunkers that will be used in a fast paced woodsball course?

im looking for tires, palates, big things, scrap plywood, ect.

also is there any objects which you have found particularly useful in building a field?

SpyderMan723
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Junkyard.

:D

bulldog
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
You might try any constuction sites. Alot of the time they have spare pallets and scap plywood laying around. Also a lot of businesses give their pallets away to who ever will pick them up. As well as sometimes if you can find a used tire dealer they have been known to give out the old tires if you talk to them right...

camo_mr1
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
home depot leaves skids out back for pick up, ask first though. construction sites would be good for the wood just make sure you take it from the bin or laying next to it, and do it quick some people just dont understand lol

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Pallets are probably the easiest items to get. If you wrap them with HD tarps, they make great walls/bunkers.

Critical
02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
If you plan on taking anything make sure you ask the manager/supervisor if it's a store, or the foreman/whatever if it's a jobsite. Any unauthorized removal of material, whether it's considered trash or not, can be considered theft and get you an unpleasant meeting with the authorities.

deano 177
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
If you plan on taking anything make sure you ask the manager/supervisor if it's a store, or the foreman/whatever if it's a jobsite. Any unauthorized removal of material, whether it's considered trash or not, can be considered theft and get you an unpleasant meeting with the authorities.
+1!

I dont know about up north but we dont like tires laying around down here in florida. That creates a rich breeding ground for mosquitos. If you get some be sure to fill them with dirt or sand. You can also make your own sand bags. The local hardware store should have some plastic woven bags for just such purposes. You can use old tree limbs to make bunkers. Use the split rail fence method of laying them in a V formation and criscrossing every other branch in the center. You can get some tarps and nail them between trees. They should only be about $6 and you can cut them in half. You and your buddys bring all your trash cans and use them as small bunkers. You can use them to pick up all your trash and then wash them when you get home. Ask your parents. Ask your parents friends. They probably all have something that they could donate to help build your field. Old washers or dryers. Just be careful not to use anything metal that might cut you guys.

frank2591
02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
In my town we have 5 HOMEMADE fields for our team...thats not including the other teams here who have about each 2-4...we've gotten our pallets from Wal-mart go their late at night when they are stocking stuff and just ask the guys most of them will let you take a couple...Also you could get some cardboard boxes and put some tarp around them i did that if u dont use tarp then the balls go right through at least my MR1 does and if it rains boxes get ruined....

As for tires To be Honest ive never been able to get free used tired onlyu for the fact that most tire people like Tires weels and service or Napa or carquest actually can sell them for money...one thing you could do is drive around town...look for old couches....box springs...just about anything you can invision you using. In all of our fields we have pallets mainly...and pieces of plywood from a local construction company...Even if you have small pieces of ply wood or pallets you could dig a small hole...and then place them on the upper part so that the person in the bunker could still remain low...

If you have a paintball team with like FOR SURE registered members and same uniforms etc...you could go to some local businesses asking them to sponsor you...and one of the things you could throw in would be to save pallets boxes....old furniture ANYTHING...I went to a police station here and got 3 wooden tables the other day just because i ask for them and said we needed stuff....Worked for me might work for you Good Luck

By the way if you decide to drive around somewhere in town looking for stuff and you see something by a dumpster that you want...YOU CAN TAKE IT as long as the dumpster isnt on their property once the trash is put on the street and off their yard its no longer theirs legally its the city's so its all good...but if you take something out of a dumpster thats on their property thats illegal..

The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.