PDA

View Full Version : Input Needed Folks

Quick_2
02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I need a little bit of input... i play a game type which is hard to describe.. i call it fast paced woods ball.. it's a speed ball type course in the woods but with a small woodsball twist.. i have an mr1 with hybrid grips (only bottom screws attach) a linear barrel and a low blow bolt... i run on co2 (20 and 24 oz tanks) and one of those archon hoppers.

next week i'll be up 144 dollars and i'm in a debate with what to do with it.. here are my options:

- sell mr1 and buy a sp vibe and good hopper
- buy a few upgrades for mr1 (trinity feed neck)
- get some kneepads (i play on my knee's lots)
- use it for co2 and paint
- use it to buy some wood palets or old tires from a car shop
- save the money for somthing else
- or whatever you think otherwise

so whats the best thing to do with it?

xsvly-fat
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
i would get a compressed air tank there very useful in cold wether. and some paint so you can play =)

Quick_2
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
also i have NOOOO access to compressed air fill stations.. the nearest one is 1 hour and a half away.. so please dont suggest a compressed air tank

slim and shady
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
personaly i like to throw alot of money into paintball and upgrading guns so i would suggest getting some upgrades for your MR1 of corse it would be up to you what upgrade to get. some popular ones are a new stock, E-grip or maby a barrel kit?

TheDarkShadow
02-11-2008, 05:38 PM
ok this is what I would do: trinity t-lock, revvy, and possibly an E-frame or HPA. but definately the first 2

camo_mr1
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
upgrade your gun and gear. eg knee pads. buying a electric would just lead to problems because it will suck on co2, lead to buying faster hoppers, not as realiable...

make a bad mr1 and rock it with cool or useable gear. that way when somebodys gun breaks down you can feel good because they spent more money and your still playing, untill you go help them that is cuz its the right thing to do lol

starphish
02-11-2008, 09:04 PM
whatever u do "DONT SELL THE MR-1" it will save your life, mine jumped in the front of a tractor for me and took a pretty bad hit "KEEP IT"...upgrade it barrel,scope,new grips,balls,paint it,.........your possibilities are endless....thats whats so great about the imagination

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 06:44 AM
A feedneck and hopper would be great. Kneepads could never be more important also. You can modify your mech trigger to be shorter on pull back, return, and side to side. This would be free. Best of luck

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 06:46 AM
whatever u do "DONT SELL THE MR-1" it will save your life, mine jumped in the front of a tractor for me and took a pretty bad hit "KEEP IT"...

BTW This quote is awesome:D

Quick_2
02-12-2008, 07:43 AM
I already modified my trigger to remove all of teh pull after the sear is relaeased.. so it is a bit shorter..

im thinking i'll get a feedneck for sure..

kneepads possibly...

and the rest for paint and co2..

whats the cheapest place ot get good kneepads (empire preferably)? badlands? online..
if you find a spot online make sure they are located in canada cause i hate duty

LostCause
02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
i would say go to a army surpluse store.......you can get some solid ones.....that will last longer then any paintball ones :D

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Go to your local sporting goods stores and try some on. They don't have to be specifically for paintball. This is something you should try on and feel instead of blindly buying some online.

deano 177
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
$144.00:

- sell mr1 and buy a sp vibe and good hopper- Good hoppers are hard to beat. You can pick up a TSA Halo for less than $40
- buy a few upgrades for mr1 (trinity feed neck)- Barrel? That is one of the primary upgrades. j&j for $30 at action village
- get some kneepads (i play on my knee's lots)- Home depot?
- use it for co2 and paint- If you dont have paint and co2 you will need it to play.
- use it to buy some wood palets or old tires from a car shop- You can make natural barricades from fallen trees and other junk. Use your garbage cans and then wash them when you get home. Go to a place where they are building new houses and ask the foreman if you can take some of the scraps.
- save the money for somthing else- always a good idea to save money...
- or whatever you think otherwise- I would go with the barrel and hopper. Those two upgrades will give you some of the best results.

so whats the best thing to do with it? Only you can answer that. You will have to decide what you want to upgrade to or if you can live with out it and save some for a rainy day.

Quick_2
02-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Well i think i'll go and get myself an Empire Reloader II, trinity feedneck for the mr1, look into kneepads at a few places.. and the rest will be paint and co2...

im guessing if i get the feedneck and hopper at my nearest shop it will run me just over $100 with tax and what not... online it's hard to find a place located in canada... online at badlands it costs $64 for the relaoder alone...and they dont carry the feedneck.. which sucks... at paintball gear.ca it costs $53 for the reloader and $44 for the feedneck.. but wiht shipping that owuld total over $115

.. i'll have to drive an hour to the nearest shop and check the prices there.. otherwise paintballgear.ca is the winner..

and for al lthose that say actionvillage is cheaper.. add duty tax ect.. and then it's most likely cheaper my way...

deano 177
02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Duty tax. I'll have to remember that. Can you call the shop b4 you drive all the way over there?

Quick_2
02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
i posted on their forums... im not in any big hurry... im really liking the idea of that reloader... not having to shake my gun again... ahh the soothing feeling lol

Edit: I can get the revy online shipped handled taxed and all for $71.65 to my door but it's out of stock and would prolly take a month to get here..... And if i drive to badlands... which i just might be able to do... soon.. then i can get it for $73.09 which would save me time, only cost $3 more and i would be able to hold it the minute i pay... sounds good to me..

and the feedneck i can just go get at my nearest shop cause i know they have it.. im just not sure how much...

im still in a debate though.. should i get kneepads or not..
does anybody out there use kneepads? does the material wear out .. ripp ect.. do they work good?

TheDarkShadow
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
look at a hardware store for knee pads, I like the idea of you getting a feedneck and a reloaderII

camo_mr1
02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
i dont think it matters how cool he knee pads are anyways, if their $5 home depot style wear them under your pants, if not have a scence of humour and put them on the outside, their going to get covered in dirt/goo anyways

The Communist
02-13-2008, 01:53 PM
since you're no where near HPA station why not get a regulator with that extra cash?
It'll keep the CO2 outta the gun up there in chilly canada.

mr1newbie
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd say get a feedneck and electronic loader for your MR1, then use the rest to play

Quick_2
02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
I might be able to get another $100 dollars on top of that if im lucky.. but i'd have to waiit two weeks for thta to happen.. which would be awsome still...

I'll get a feedneck and hopper almost positively.

Although i tried on some of my old hockey equipment thta i thought my work for kneepads and elbowpads.. and oh my.. i like i like... but i'd have to get some that would fit... i could always go to "Play it again sports" and get some used ones for really cheap...

The Communist
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
skate boarding/roller blading knee pads are pretty cheap from what i recall.