PDA

View Full Version : Ball Breaking

mr1newbie
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Yesterday when I played, I hadn't shot 15 times and it was just when I was chronographing, a ball broke. I think that it broke in the hopper or feedneck because you could see the paint through the clear feedneck. I don't know what's causing this. This happened the previous time I played too. I just have a gravity hopper and it was new paint. Of course this caused more balls to break throughout the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

chnk
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
use less brittle paint try some impacts or draxxus frostbite, those are the paint i use when everything else is breaking

try getting a better hopper also. revvys are perfect and more than enough for mechs and can be found for $15 shipped if you look

N_Dub_Spyder
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah a better hopper is key. You can a really good agitating hopper for $50 or less. I like the Ricochet hoppers and the Halo TSA's. Best of luck!

Thricearch
02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
you might have gotten shot in the hopper or the feedneck causing one of your balls in your hopper to break..once a ball breaks in your hopper you need to stop and clean them out

or just get a better hopper like everyone else said..

and yes frostbites work great but avg. temperature for them is like 15 degrees or higher..anything lower and they took break..had a game two weeks ago at like 7 am..it was in the single digits and the frostbites made a mess

mr1newbie
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the help! I'll probably look into getting a better hopper.

deano 177
02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
If you chop a ball the blow back can shoot it up in the elbow. I have had some zap paint with weak seams that actually split in the hopper. 2 balls out of 2000. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. If you see it again, do like what was mentioned before and take the time to clean it out after your current game. It will make things better for the rest of the day. Good luck.

camo_mr1
02-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. If you see it again, do like what was mentioned before and take the time to clean it out after your current game. It will make things better for the rest of the day. Good luck.

the moral of the story "kill the bear!", sounds like a good excuse to upgrade, so next time you see the bear you can drop balls on his face lmao

deano thats my new bed time story

mr1newbie
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
the moral of the story "kill the bear!", sounds like a good excuse to upgrade, so next time you see the bear you can drop balls on his face lmao

deano thats my new bed time story
LOL, yeah, it's a great excuse to upgrade

starphish
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Lol

mr1newbie
02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I've been looking at electronic loaders now. What do y'all recommend? I was leaning towards a VL Revolution, but I wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks

camo_mr1
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
look for a used loader, local forums or w/e. try that before buying a new one. i have a used egg3 on mine. over kill forsure but makes it seem like a whole different gun