PDA

View Full Version : New Pilot ACS owner needs a little help.

Armanicoles
02-11-2008, 08:13 AM
I just bought the pilot ACS and have had some trouble with the paintballs rupturing in the neck between the gun and the hopper. I bought .68 calaber balls for my marker. Which is what it said to by for the marker. While firing in semi mode outside at my house it fired with no problem. It is when i got out to play woodsball that it screwed up on me. my balls kept breaking and before they even hit the chamber. I took the bolt out and while watching a movie kept compressing the spring. I am not sure why my balls kept breaking. I had it in semi mode the whole time. Would an electric hopper fix my problem. One more thing i am not sure if my pressure was up to high either. I am not sure where the nob on the back of the gun is supposed to be placed at. Any help would be great.

Hossy
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the forums! Read the Ultimate Resource Thread in my sig that will give you alot of information.

Breaking the bolt in will help, but so will an electric hopper. You were outshooting your loader probably, so the balls never had a chance to get into the chamber.
The knob on the back is the velocity adjuster. your going to want to have that around 280 fps. Get a chronograph to measure this if you dont play at a field regularly

Sandman_Bravo
02-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Get to a chronograph like at your local field and check the velocity. You may be experiencing "popcorning" where if you're velocity is too high you get a blast of blowback with each shot fired that goes up the feedneck. BTW, what paintballs were you using? Here's some tutorial videos:
http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html
Click on #3 velocity adjustment. Good luck.

Armanicoles
02-19-2008, 05:27 PM
The paintballs i was useing where Monsterball .68 caliber. Should i be using a smaller paintball to help prevent the exploding in the chamber.

Armanicoles
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
The paintballs i was useing where .68 caliber. Should i be using a smaller paintball to help prevent the exploding in the chamber and what would be a decent electronic hopper to get. I saw one at walmart for 60 bucks i think it was called the Evo 2.

The Pumper
02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Use good paint, not cheap stuff. Using good paint with result in good shots. Do what bravo said and chrono your gun and see what velocity you're shooting at. Make sure it's under 300. ;)

Evo 2's, aka eggy's, are pretty good. Definitely good enough for an e-spyder. I use my eggy on all types of guns.

Kenny_McCormic
02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Monster balls are probably your problem (they are the worst paint you can buy, they arent worth their weight in lead), buy some Nelson hot spot (sporting goods store) or Visible IMPACT(walmart). When you buy paint open the box before you buy it, the balls should be round without any flat spots or dimples and there should not be any broken paint inside the bags.

Armanicoles
02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
One more question i do not have a chronograph to test the air speed coming out of my gun. Is there a way we can get a picture of where i should set my knob on the back of my gun to. Would really help. :D

Kenny_McCormic
02-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Its different depending on temp, altitude, paint, and a number of other things, you have to chronograph EVERY time you play unless you want to shoot a friends eye out.

LostCause
02-24-2008, 09:51 AM
sigh...everyone blames cheap paint...nvever have had a problem and i've bought at least 5 boxes of monstor balls and 3 or 4 of visible impact. never have had a problem with them, (i've only had problems with the stock feedneck cause it got shot there and broke, riped a ball open and well...goo everywhere! Calmping Feedneck FTW!) or i would out shot a grav hopper, but fixed that with my vlo jr with virtue chip. So i have never had a problem with cheap balls, and i've shot higher end paint, Silver DXS, Winter fill (love those, just cant afford them often)

though when the balls swell the J&J barrels being .688 :( caused a few to get stuck lol