PDA

View Full Version : anyone have problems w/ co2

thep8ntr
02-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Has anyone one that uses co2 had any problems with this gun. I've heard that co2 shouldn't be used on electric guns because liquid c02 messes up the internals or the co2 freezes the electronics. I dont feel like buying hpa because its more expensive. I

slim and shady
02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
if your to worried about it anti-syphon your Co2 or use a coil that kinda has the same effect.

newkid
02-10-2008, 03:53 PM
since the mr2 doesnt have a selodoid there isnt a chance of freezing the electronics, none the less hpa is a nice upgrade

alter_77
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I use CO2 and it seems to work fine other than the occasional curve-ball likely due to the Co2 not totally converting from liquid to gas...

darth massacre
02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I've had consistency issues with CO2 even with a remote coil - no expansion chamber. Inconsistent in the sense my speeds spike upwards but never seem to come down. Most gun owners have problems getting their FPS up - I have a problem keeping it within legal limits. Had no problems to the point of catastrophic failure for the E-Trigger. The remote coil or expansion chamber should help stabilize the liquid to air conversion but bear in mind playing in extreme temperatures (too hot or too cold) will also affect CO2 conversion.

Since then upgraded to HPA, more consistent air speeds. Get the aluminium tanks if you really want to save some money - if you don't go for 24Hr scenario games with few airfills in between you don't really need anything gigantic. The carbon fiber tanks are nice and light, but will set you back a couple hundred even for a smallish one.

SkinWalk3r
02-11-2008, 04:48 AM
the occasional curve-ball likely due to the Co2 not totally converting from liquid to gas...please explain the physics...I am not questioning you. I just need to know how.

bassmasta
02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
because liquid co2 does requires energy {heat} to expand, the outside layers of it will expand first. if the liquid is not floating in exactly the center of the barrel untill the ball is gone, the heat transfer will be more prevalent in the area where the liquid is touching another part of the gun. because you will have a hard time holding your gun 100% vertical, the liquid will always be slightly off to one side, moreso depending on the roundness of your balls.