PDA

View Full Version : force feed hopper

Walsh
02-10-2008, 08:58 AM
ok i was wondering, and this is a dumb question,.... on a force feed hopper there are the little thing that spins wen you turn it on at the bottem of the loader, and it doesnt stop spinning, is it suposed to do that? if so how does it not brake any paint,.... do you have to keep firing, how does it work....

vikingshadow
02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
That is the rip drive - it's directly attached to the drive of the loader. It's mainly used when your batteries are dead (or dying) to push paint into the feedneck. Also, you can use it if you ever get a jam (I've never had a jam with my Reloader B, but have heard Halos get them from time to time.)

It doesn't break paint because, well, it's attached to the drive which actually moves paint into the feedneck.

Walsh
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
ok thx im new to the force feeder thing, in like four years of paintballing ive never used one but thx for the info!! helped alot

Sean_VS1
02-17-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah, i just got a VL Force and how does it not break paint when your not shooting but its still spining?(i havn't had time to shoot it yet thats why i dont know)

TheDarkShadow
02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
yeah, i just got a VL Force and how does it not break paint when your not shooting but its still spining?(i havn't had time to shoot it yet thats why i dont know)

it doesnt actually spin, the motor is still running and teh paddles put pressure on the balls ready to push them into the feedneck

Acehigh65
04-05-2008, 05:57 AM
could the loader jamming cause paint to break in the feedneck while loading? my halo loader seems to do that with the gun on burst or auto.

tumtum00
04-05-2008, 06:28 AM
the vl force is a 30 dollar force feed hopper, if it were very good at all, halo would go out of business, and there are alot more halo b, fasta, etc. hoppers being used than the vl force. It is loud, eats up batteries, and sucks if you forget to turn it back on if in the woods playing, it is hard to hide with it running, and most people forget to turn it back on and get ambushed when it comes time for war. but that is my $.02. I just consider a constant agitation force feed hopper, a waste of money, unless you want to turn it off every time you aren't shootin.

MonsterLopes
04-05-2008, 06:31 AM
What kind of gun are you using? Check your eyes... if you have any... if not, that's your problem.

If it's a pilot, then your ACS bolt can only do so much.

SpyderMan723
04-05-2008, 07:26 AM
the vl force is a 30 dollar force feed hopper, if it were very good at all, halo would go out of business, and there are alot more halo b, fasta, etc. hoppers being used than the vl force. It is loud, eats up batteries, and sucks if you forget to turn it back on if in the woods playing, it is hard to hide with it running, and most people forget to turn it back on and get ambushed when it comes time for war. but that is my $.02. I just consider a constant agitation force feed hopper, a waste of money, unless you want to turn it off every time you aren't shootin.

mine's already broken... :( silly me

tumtum00
04-05-2008, 07:32 AM
mine's already broken... :( silly me

i hate to hear that man, i have had good luck out of my fasta 18v led, and of course halos are good, but i had the same problem you had, i thought force feed 30 bucks, can't go wrong there, boy was i wrong, mine broke paint in feedneck, was loud, and i figured out i wasted 30 i could have put toward a good hopper, i got my fasta used for 40 and it will feed my ion perfectly, even at 17 bps ramping.