PDA

View Full Version : Sight problems, too much co2 comming out of barrel

Protan
02-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok so I am a winter paintballer and I use a VS1 and I know your thinking right away that its probably the cold, but it isnt. Today when I was playing the gun kept throwing out a bunch of co2 from the barrel and I could never see where the balls were heading or where they landed. Later after some goofing around with it (Not to fix that problem) It just went away and started working perfectly. At that time I couldn't even see co2 coming out of the gun. I had perfect aim and everything. But then it came back again and I didnt change anything or do anything that I know of besides maybe turn the eyes on and off. But anyways does anyone know why this is happening?

kramernator
02-09-2008, 12:20 PM
it is from to much co2 getting into the gun.
if it is working just fine, then you tip the gun forward, the liquid co2 in the tank will flow into the gun, then when you shoot, you can see the results coming out of the barrel

S/T
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Well could be 2 things.
Tank was over filled or you dont have an Anti syphon tube in your tank.

VS2 King
02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Ok Dont Worry About This It Isnt Something Your Doing Wrong Or Your Gun Crapping Out. c02 Does This To Everyone That Uses It. Its Just How It Is And You Cant Prevent It Unless You Get An Anti-Siphoned Tube.

Protan
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok but dont standard co2 bottles come with anti siphon?

VS2 King
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
no

kramernator
02-13-2008, 08:24 AM
some co2 tanks come with it, most don't.
antisiphon tubes can be bought for like $10
but you need someone who knows what they are doing to install them

deano 177
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
If you got the skilz, Dragon (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_antisiphon_inst.html) can tell you how. Don't hurt yourself.

TLM1
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Some tanks come equipped with anti-siphon tubes, others do not.
If your tank doesn't have one, its really not that difficult to add one.

Normally, the anti-siphon system needs to be matched to the duckbill/on-off/bottomline adapter so that the tube is sticking up out of the liquid when it is attached to the gun.

Way-back-when, Smart Parts made big Co2 tanks, like the size of 68ci N2 systems, that had a factory anti-siphon setup. There was a flexible hose attached to the valve on one end, and with a "float" on the other end to keep the end of the tube up out of the liquid Co2.

Another company (CMI, maybe) made an adapter that would thread into the rear of the duckbill/ASA, and then you could thread your tank into it. It was made so that it could turn, so you could use any anti-siphon setup with any duckbill/ASA.