PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Kit

1shot1kill
02-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I have about $100 to spend on a barrel kit and was wondering which ones were good. I was thimking about a freak barrel kit and can get that for about $85 at my local shop.

I have a spyder pilot ACS

spray and pray
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
lets see.

Freak-Doesn't self clean well

Deadlywind and 1 insert-self cleans great,quiet

Hammerhead with 1 fin-doesn't self clean until you put rainX in it. After that shoots through breaks great. DEADLY accurate

J&J edge kit-Shoots through breaks well, decent accuracy.

Sceptor-Amazing accuracy, shoots through breaks.

I would reccomend a used 2000 sceptor. Might be hard to find though.

or you could just take sparkys (swoosh) advise on upgrading a spyder :)

"Originally posted by sparky81: It's kinda like taking an ugly store clerk woman and getting her a boob job and cosmetic surgery, when ya just could've saved up and had yourself one already nice from college who's a lawyer."

1Blyth1
02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I personally would go with a 14" J&J Ceramic barrel because they self clean and they're accurate and cheap ive seen some for like 30$

DFSniper
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
i'd go with the edge. supposedly its about the same accuracy as a freak, but for half the price, as long as you want it in black. j&j has different colored/length fronts on their site, but NO ONLINE STORE SELLS THEM!! i'd double check on that freak kit for $85, because its probably just the front, back, and 1 insert. the complete kit usually runs around $150.

1shot1kill
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
It was the back front and 3 inserts so i think its a pretty good deal