PDA

View Full Version : How much Co2 is wasted...

Scionic
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi!

First let me just say this is my first post, and I just bought my Spyder Sonix recently. I'm a completely new player and I have a question that I haven't really been able to find in my searches. Hopefully this is a new one.

I am going to play tomorrow and I have a single 20oz tank. I have fired the Sonix a few times to get the feel of it. Maybe 50-60 rounds. In the process of learning the ins and outs of the gun (cleaning, stripping etc) I have probably attached and unattached my air tank three times.

I'm wondering how much air is wasted when I do that and the excess air in the gun blows out. I am hoping tomorrow that I won't run out of air or anything. Can anyone tell me if I can still expect a fairly full tank 1000 shots or so ballpark?

Also while I'm thinking about it, how it the Sonix on air? Does it use a lot compared to other markers?

Thanks so much!
-Scionic

Hossy
02-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the forums! feel free to ask questions, because were here to help you!
Check out the link in my sig, that says Ultimate Resource Thread. That will give you alot of info.
When you were taking off your tank, did you let the air rush some, or do it the recomended way?
The sonix is like any other gun on air, They run at around 800 PSI. If you want to lower that, then you will want to upgrade your gun.
Another question is are you playing at a field, or at a more backyard kind of place? If your going to a field, you will be able to refill there, and you definitely wont have a problem on air. If not, Id watch how much you shoot, and try not to go all out trigger happy on your friends.

kramernator
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
i don't think that to much co2 is wasted if you unscrew it fairly fast. but the "recommended" way is to......um...... i think you are supposed to unscrew it 1/4 of the way, shoot once, then go another 1/4 of the way shoot once then you should be able to unscrew without losing hardly anything (i think), it'l just make a little poping sound when it comes unscrewed.

Make sure there aren't any paintballs in the gun when you do this!

the reason i am not sure is because i have an on/off valve on my gun.
and when i didn't have an on/off, i would just unscrew it as fast as i could.

alabama_lowlife
02-09-2008, 09:26 AM
i don't think you're gonna "save" any co2 by unscrewing 1/4 turn, firing and so forth since you are simply expelling the co2 through the gun. the logic behind that is to save the o-ring on the tank from the blast of co2 when you unscrew it. if you unscrew the tank quickly you'll be ok, i'd be more concerned about the 50-60 shots than the removal and reinstallation of the tank.

Scionic
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Ok thanks to all for the help. I went out today and didn't run into any trouble with air. The tank lasted all day without any trouble. I did try the quarter turn and fire method and it did keep me from having a big burst of air. The gun performed pretty well otherwise with the exception of chopping a round on me. Thanks again!