PDA

View Full Version : Oh joy, more problems with my 05 electra!

bird
02-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Sigh, I cant win with this thing.
I took it out to the field the last time I went, had good paint, no problems there. Hopper was working fine no problems when I would chrono it and just shoot it to make sure it was working fine.
I get out onto the field, take off, start to fire, get 2 shots off, and it uncocks. I adjust the velocity (which was fine 2 mins ago and wasn't changed), recocked it, wouldn't even fire again. Kept uncocking half the way. And even after recocking/adjusting the velocity several times, it never worked for me.
Any ideas?

My set up:
stock 05 electra
halo B
co2
el tigre balls
14 inch cp

shunut
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
This might sound like a stupid question but is your tank full?

Also, if I'm correct there is a regulator and a guage on there, what does the guage read when its gassed up?

bird
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Full co2 tank, and I dont have gauge... or a regulator....

Primal
02-17-2006, 12:51 AM
maybe the co2 is frosen in the macrolin ect.

shunut
02-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Full co2 tank, and I dont have gauge... or a regulator....

My bad, I was going off of a Kingman diagram so I wasn't sure if the diagram they had was for the 05 Electra or another one.

Maybe it is the sear or 'noid that is sticking. You haven't by chance shimmed the 'noid? If you have maybe your shim is too big. Also check out the sear, make just that hasn't been damaged or rounded. Also check the striker for damage where the sear catches it. Also check all your oring on your striker and bolt for damage. Make sure the inside of the body is clean of all debris and that you oil the orings on the striker and bolt with paintball oil. Only oil the bolt if it has orings and is metal. If its delrin don't oil it. Try that stuff and let us know what happens.

gailon24
02-17-2006, 08:58 AM
My bad, I was going off of a Kingman diagram so I wasn't sure if the diagram they had was for the 05 Electra or another one.

Maybe it is the sear or 'noid that is sticking. You haven't by chance shimmed the 'noid? If you have maybe your shim is too big. Also check out the sear, make just that hasn't been damaged or rounded. Also check the striker for damage where the sear catches it. Also check all your oring on your striker and bolt for damage. Make sure the inside of the body is clean of all debris and that you oil the orings on the striker and bolt with paintball oil. Only oil the bolt if it has orings and is metal. If its delrin don't oil it. Try that stuff and let us know what happens.

Especially that. Sounds like a familiar problem that I had =)

ooglieboogliebob
02-17-2006, 10:55 PM
hah, hmm .. i'v shimmed my noid with a dime .. and my trigger doesn't seem to except it .. has little bursts of burping, but still recocking.. decided i'd rather waste battery energy than have it keep burping ... Therefore, shimming the noid isn't really the best decision .. unless your capacitor, or noid is a bit broke ...

Always remember to polish and oil
Polishing (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/polishing.html)

Also try a hard mainspring .. might keep it cocked .. only problem is blowback ... which im assuming you have an aggitating hopper, so you'd be fine, and try a weak valve spring.

Also, check to see how much wear's on your striker, and sear ... if it's moderate or heavy .. you might want to consider getting a new one :)

always remember to clean your gun after heavy play, always, it will increase the life of your marker

shunut
02-18-2006, 05:00 AM
hah, hmm .. i'v shimmed my noid with a dime .. and my trigger doesn't seem to except it .. has little bursts of burping, but still recocking.. decided i'd rather waste battery energy than have it keep burping ... Therefore, shimming the noid isn't really the best decision .. unless your capacitor, or noid is a bit broke ...

I had my 'noid shimmed with a penny forever and never had a problem once. I started out with a nickle like the mod I read told me to do and it jackhammered all the time. I switched the nickle out for the next smallest coin (in size) and never had the problem again. So, I guess its just marker to marker weather it will work or not.

bird
02-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't really see how it could be screwed already, I've played in all of about 3 games with it, and they were only 5 min games. I did take it apart recently, oiled it up before the last time I went, and I didn't notice anything wrong with the O-Rings. I always end up getting it to work for a few mins, scarring the crap out of the other players, then it breaks down and im stuck playing with an imagine which seems horribly slow. Hmm, I'll tear it apart later tonight and take another look, thanks for the tips ;)

druid
02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
after staring at a diagram for link 15 mins....these ideas finally came to me...

1. Make sure your sear is polished and square on top and in the back
2. Make sure the sear notch on the hammer is also square and that there's no oil/debris gummed in there
3. Sear spring needs replacement
4. Sear itself has warped/bent and needs replacement
5. Hammer spring is too strong, replace with a lighter one

ooglieboogliebob
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I had my 'noid shimmed with a penny forever and never had a problem once. I started out with a nickle like the mod I read told me to do and it jackhammered all the time. I switched the nickle out for the next smallest coin (in size) and never had the problem again. So, I guess its just marker to marker weather it will work or not.

Well .. im not sure ... when i got the esp from my friend the capacitor was bad, and shimming the noid wouldn't work .. unless i put like 2 dimes in which wouldn't let the sear catch the striker again ... so i replaced my capacitor from the stock 6000UF 16v to a 4500UF 32V one ... i think ... It still seems to work, but the noid isn't as loud ... and it allows the sear let go of the striker. I would have put a 6000UF one but it was half as big as the case and i didn't really feel like running down to the store ... besides my ratshack barely carries anything anymore .. it turned into a kids toy's shop pretty much ... but im not sure if that has to do with that ... I really have no problem, other than, i can't put a hard mainspring in, but a medium ... im thinking that what started out as a bad capacitor, constently used, turned into some damage on the board, or the noid, not allowing it to let go .. BTW the battery is a freshly, new, charged for 15 hours battery ...

ShadowX
02-19-2006, 05:32 AM
im pretty sure its your co2, if it was extremely cold or extremely hot, co2 was the problem, it hates cold weather. borrow a friends HPA tank and see if you have the same problem.

bird
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
The field doesn't fill HPA, otherwise I would have already purchased HPA for my gun ;) FFS, field needs to get in compressed air. That way my friends can use angel/impulse and actually get a decently fast gun. As of now, the fastest gun we ever play with is upped 98c with the spring taken out, it schools my imagine rofl. So slow. Thats why I want my electra to finally work, so I can beast people with a decently fast gun. zzz Yes its winter, its cold, maybe in the summer she'll work better. :p

bird
02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Great god, I will not use co2 in this gun again. Simply not worth my time to keep trying. I got a few shots out of it. And soon refused to work even tho the tank was half full. So no more point. Really pissin me off this gun is. Freaking field needs to get some freaking compressed air. Sigh now I get to go spend 150-200$ on a HP tank, reg, drop. So much for buying a gun that was cheap and great. Just cant win sometimes.

ooglieboogliebob
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
im not sure ... i don't think co2's the problem ...

bird
02-27-2006, 04:18 PM
-_-;; Only reason I can come up with for why it wont recock. I shoot it for 2 mins, tank has co2 left, and it just stops recocking. From what I've read its the co2. The internals might be freezing up on me. If I were to take it out today she'd work fine for a few mins then stop. This happens EVERY time. My battery is a little bit low, is that the problem? I'm getting annoyed with this thing...

ooglieboogliebob
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
maybe ... you should take the shimming out of your noid if you did so. Also you should probably charge the battery full (15 hours)

If the internals are freezing .. you should probably get your tank anti-siphoned ... or maybe you should leave your tank in room temperature .. or slightly higher ... so you don't get those snow puffs ... :)

bird
02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
tank anti-siphoned=? Tank was at room temp... LOL tried shimming once, didn't see the point in it.

bigred76
02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Anti-siphoning Instructions. (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/antisiphon.html) Hrm, I dunno what would cause your marker to do this, but different shim sizes WILL affect your marker's performance, so if nothing else is working then you should start experimenting with different ones of those.

bird
02-28-2006, 03:46 PM
-_-;; Haven't modded it any more than a barrel and it does this right out the box. I bought this because it was cheaper, not so I could buy it and then dump more money into it. lol, anti-siphoning, doubt that is the problem its fine if I use the tank on my imagine. Only this gun having problems.

bigred76
02-28-2006, 04:49 PM
I would warn you that the Electra is shooting faster BPS wise than the Imagine, and CO2's recharge rate is only about 17bps. However, I still believe your problem can be solved by 'noid shims, and is not related to air flow into the marker.

GreschT
03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
this may sound crazy... but put a cup seal in the velocity adjuster, like inside so the spring rests aginst it and makes the spring tighter.. see how that works.

Bigwrecker
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
if you filled out the warrenty card then send it in to kingman and have them fix it