PDA

View Full Version : MR Series tactical rail

wbsniper94
02-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I was wondering if the NcSTAR Red Dot Sight (http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-red-dot-sight-plastic-red-dot-weaver-base-dp.html) would fit the MR series tactical rail?

KingTutBaller
02-08-2008, 08:32 PM
"NcSTAR Red Dot Sight - Plastic Red Dot- WeaverBase DP"... the tac rail being the one that comes with MR3's if I'm thinking straight... No, it won't fit. You'll need a weaver rail, the wider rail that the raised rail attaches to. The smaller, tac rail is 3/8ths, find something that fits 3/8ths or 'dovetail'. Or, mod the crap outta it. I've made my own rail attachments for some time now and no one would know they're not store bought.

Look into ADCO hotshot or ADCO sureshot, they're nifty, the mounting system fit both, dovetail and weaver, so if you switch markers or raised rails, you can fit it on anything. Just flip the attachment around and you can go between both, just something to look into.

pinkanese
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Best way to mount anythign on top of an MR1 is to get an AR Fkat Top Riser Rail, gives you more thatn =emough clearence and basically form the feedneck to the end of the gun ot mount anything you want. Of course there is osme modification required ;)

camo_mr1
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
i have a question related to this, everytime i see pics of mr1's with the mr3 handle they never have a hopper on them? im 99% sure i wouldnt be able to put one on mine with the egg3 but a gravy might work. thats just the handle, you guys have scopes and w/e to. what hoppers are you useing?

bassmasta
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
there is no reason why you can't use an egg 3 with it. you just need to move your screwing elbow a little farther from the body and let the egg sit 80% or so in the elbow. once you tighten the screws, it will be fine. I actually use something like this, but the elbow i'm talking about is the one that came with the MR2 but I use it with a riser and a 32mm red dot which are mounted ON TOP OF the rails that end and slightly continue around the feedneck. the feedneck.

camo_mr1
02-13-2008, 11:04 AM
i may buy one this weekend so ill figure something out then, maybe even a j&j 16" also, ummmmm lol

mr1newbie
02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Are there ANY sights that will fit the MR1 without a raised rail and still clearing the feedneck and cocking rod?

BYUrdneck
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Well, a NcStar red dot aimpoint replica will if you get a high or mid rise ring to mount it with. check out opticsforyou.com and check them out - and you can get a high rise ring mount at a local outdoors store.

deano 177
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Are there ANY sights that will fit the MR1 without a raised rail and still clearing the feedneck and cocking rod?
Look at the "show your mr1" thread. There are a few.

Mattbur
02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Ive got the MR3 tac rail, with the Mr series red dot scope, i have no clearence issues, and my game improved due to these mods. i have a pic in the "show your MR1" thread

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13730&page=13