PDA

View Full Version : OLED future of high end boards?

LostCause
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I heard about this awhile ago & as of yesterday this has been on their site. They have been working on this for a while so don't try saying they ripped off Tadao.

Virtue is offering a sneak peak at some of the new Organic Display products under development, along with a notice to Virtue Millennium Series players that we will be providing a free update in time for Event #1.

Virtue Organic Display Series
For over 12 months, the Virtue design team has been developing a new line of OLED boards that change the way you use your marker. The OLED screen, which will be featured on the new line is not the end result of our efforts, but is a means to give you total control over a variety of never-been-used-before features in paintball.

As some of our stores and pro players know, we demo'd a collaborative product with Ollie Lang at the World Cup, featuring an a high resolution OLED display.

Currently we have display screens under development for no less than 7 new products. However, due to the unique nature in many of the new features we can only offer you a sneak peak with the following "dumb downed" photo.

http://www.virtuepb.com/news/files/lcds.jpg

got from pbnation, posted by AlighmtyRuler

fatkidfrompbaz
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
cool

Critical
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but anything more than showing me mode and battery strength is a pointless waste.

LostCause
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
i dont like the player names on it the tadao is teh best looking ones.

HelpDeskHustler
02-08-2008, 06:37 PM
so when do we get boards with user programming? ie, not just selecting options for preset modes variables.

MVS1
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
OLED's are too sweet, I love the one on my A1's stock board, it makes programming too easy since you can scroll through the menu functions and select w/the push of the scroll wheel, pretty much just like a mini blackberry, I would not be surprised to see most high-ends (or at least aftermarket board manufactures) going to them within the next year or so.

HelpDeskHustler
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I really wouldn't call selecting a pre-programmed variable value as programming. Until they start adding code for making your own ramp, this kind of screen is really pretty unnecessary.

MVS1
02-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, how does the OLED have anything to do with the programming? It's a display.
I'm not trying to be a **** here, but the OLED, LCD and LED for that matter is only a visual aid and has nothing to do with the boards programming.

As for the programming many stock and aftermarket board manufactures have gone to the level of programming that makes it so that you have absolute control over every aspect of how your marker fires (Virtue, Rabid, Stock A1 boards, just to name a couple). You have the typical tourny modes, but you can also tailor your own modes in the "custom" portion. For instance the stock A1 board gives you a custom mode that you can do pretty much whatever you want with, semi+breakout (soft or hard)+ramp (soft or hard), you can alter the MROF (eyes on or off) change the duration of the breakout (full-auto for a "user" defined period of time, starting at 5 sec's and up to 30 sec's) and even ramp start delay from 1 trigger pull and up, kick-in from 2 bps and up, drop-out bps from 1 bps and up. Change the dwell from 4 msec and up in .5 msec intervals, eye delay, de-bounce, anti-bolt stick, etc. all in msec increments. What more code could be added to improve on that kind of control?

bigred76
02-08-2008, 08:17 PM
This is just a way to consolidate it all onto one screen, where you can see and know everything that there is to know about what your marker's doing.

DRAGON
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
.........They have been working on this for a while so don't try saying they ripped off Tadao..............

OK, well just I'll think it then lol - :smirk:

LostCause
02-09-2008, 04:51 AM
lol, basically what everyone thinks

HelpDeskHustler
02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Ok, how does the OLED have anything to do with the programming? It's a display.
I'm not trying to be a **** here, but the OLED, LCD and LED for that matter is only a visual aid and has nothing to do with the boards programming.

I'm just saying I'm not impressed. There really aren't enough modes to make LED an inconvenience for anyone besides the people who can't remember what 3 colors mean. Until you start actually programming the modes, OLED is a waste of money.

bigred76
02-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I only have a problem with my M6 Infamous board on my Alias... The thing has 6 or so different colors, and combined with remembering blink counts for my WAS on the Spimmy and the dipswitches on my Threshold, it's actually hard to remember which is which. An OLCD on any of the guns I have listed would be a big help as it's one less thing to remember.

timbertiger20
02-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Actually NOX has released their newest code updates that have 8 user defined programs for all of the options in their software. You set up 1 through 8 of the presets, making it easy a user defined setup so for us woodsballers we will have our favorite modes and settings built in and set up and we can switch back and forth effortlessly! It's a unique idea that actually suits our needs as opposed to having to play with our settings all of the time!