PDA

View Full Version : Anything Xtreme/Xtreme Paintball

N_Dub_Spyder
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, They finally went under. Yesterday they posted on the homepage that they went Bankrupt, and that they are out of business. Guess nobody will need to complain about them anymore:waytogo:

Drefish99
02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
They have a pretty big lawsuit on their hands. They are probably going under so they can avoid it.

xsvly-fat
02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
thats to bad.

theres so many paintball companies going out of business this year, its definatly not good for us

druid
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, They finally went under. Yesterday they posted on the homepage that they went Bankrupt, and that they are out of business. Guess nobody will need to complain about them anymore:waytogo:

Yep...here's the site:
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/

...and here's what it says at the top of the page:

Thursday, Feb 7th, 2008
Xtreme Paintball/Anythingxtreme.com is closed and will be filing bankruptcy when the owner is able to leave the hospital and meet with his attorney.
Like all the paintball companies, we have been struggling for a few years to adjust to the drop in paintball sales. We have cut salaries, laid off employees, downsized the warehouse, hired consultants and done whatever else we could to survive.
We have had no employees to answer the phones or emails for a couple of weeks and were still trying to get funds released from our charge card processor. They had given us an agreement to sign on 2/5 to release the funds, but it is too late for us to continue.
We will be posting any necessary legal information later when we get it. For now, if you have an outstanding order, you can do a charge card dispute (chargeback) through your card company and they should refund the money to your account.

I've already mentioned this in the Store's thread I manage.

Drefish99
02-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Funny how the site is still active and taking in orders. If someone were to not look at the message at the top the order could potentially be placed and I guess go into some holding cell where the user would have to dispute the charges. Why not take that down and just post the notice as the front page and be done with it. Just seems a bit shabby to me.

spray and pray
02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Yep...here's the site:
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/

...and here's what it says at the top of the page:

Thursday, Feb 7th, 2008
Xtreme Paintball/Anythingxtreme.com is closed and will be filing bankruptcy when the owner is able to leave the hospital and meet with his attorney.
Like all the paintball companies, we have been struggling for a few years to adjust to the drop in paintball sales. We have cut salaries, laid off employees, downsized the warehouse, hired consultants and done whatever else we could to survive.
We have had no employees to answer the phones or emails for a couple of weeks and were still trying to get funds released from our charge card processor. They had given us an agreement to sign on 2/5 to release the funds, but it is too late for us to continue.
We will be posting any necessary legal information later when we get it. For now, if you have an outstanding order, you can do a charge card dispute (chargeback) through your card company and they should refund the money to your account.

I've already mentioned this in the Store's thread I manage.

thats sad. You put him in the hospital when he saw you wearing a kilt while playing some speedball. :dodgy:

I hated that place. I'm glad they are gone.

What is there other site?
Paintball-online? I liked that place, they had great prices and great customer service.

fatkidfrompbaz
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
R.i.p.

kramernator
02-08-2008, 03:58 PM
i thought they were alright, that sucks.
i never knew that paintball sales were down
hope it doesn't continue in this direction

spyderfan4271
02-08-2008, 04:56 PM
That explains why matt greshaw the customer service guy wouldn't respond to my emails or phone calls. Anything Xtreme promised me a complete refund five weeks ago and I still haven't seen it yet. The BBB in Dayton Ohio (937) 222-5825 said that Anything Xtreme has had 64 complaints in the last 36 months. There phone is busy like it was left off the hook. I just filed a dispute with my credit card since that is propably the only way I will see a refund.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-09-2008, 06:42 AM
thats to bad.

theres so many paintball companies going out of business this year, its definatly not good for us

I don't like it either. You are right, it can't be good for the sport. I work for Volkswagen and we are struggling, so maybe it is just the entire market.

Funny how the site is still active and taking in orders. If someone were to not look at the message at the top the order could potentially be placed and I guess go into some holding cell where the user would have to dispute the charges. Why not take that down and just post the notice as the front page and be done with it. Just seems a bit shabby to me.

I think this is a little shady too.

What is there other site?
Paintball-online? I liked that place, they had great prices and great customer service.

I think that web store is a sub division of Action Village

Ace24
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Meh... I never had a problem with them. The shipping was a little slow... but from what I can remember, they sent the product fine.

xsvly-fat
02-09-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't like it either. You are right, it can't be good for the sport. I work for Volkswagen and we are struggling, so maybe it is just the entire market.

yeah but this is the 3rd paintball company to go down this year, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the year is.

timbertiger20
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Make it 4, xtrapaintballs.com...............dropped off the map within weeks of it's launched...........I'm guessing it wasn't do to resources since they had purchased the equipment and sales were looking up..........I have a feeling the paint companies didn't want a So. Cal. based paint company!

Kenny_McCormic
02-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Make it 4, xtrapaintballs.com...............dropped off the map within weeks of it's launched...........I'm guessing it wasn't do to resources since they had purchased the equipment and sales were looking up..........I have a feeling the paint companies didn't want a So. Cal. based paint company!

Yea they really were cleaning up their act, things were looking good and then they just kinda dropped off the map.

Hob Hayward
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Eh, they were mediocre when I ordered from them.

Still, a shame companies are going down like this.

I'm more concerned about xtrapaintball though, I was looking forward to seeing if they could pull off what they were going for.

timbertiger20
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
They would have it was a great idea and they had brand new state of the art equipment............but they sure wouldn't have gotten support from most of the industry!

bigred76
02-10-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.recordlabelservices.com/new_folder/sales.html

:confused: They still seem to be there to me...

timbertiger20
02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
There regular web page was www.xtrapaintballs.com and notice everything has been sold out for along time!