PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a leaky tank and how do I deal with it.

SkinWalk3r
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I just got my brand New Pure Energy 68/4500 filled for the first time today. While I was at the store putzing around I noticed the guy who filled my tank take it back and fill it a bit again. I asked him if the tank was leaky. He said nah ! sometimes because these tanks warm up due to the HPA and then cool down and in the process they loose some volume that needs to be topped off.

Now that makes sense but is that normal.

45 minutes later I was home and my tank now reads 4000 psi not 4500...??How would I know I have a leaky tank. I cant hear any hissing. IF I do have a leak how is it fixed ?

pb34
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
That's completely normal. Most shops do what is called a quick fill. The air thats rushing into the tank warms up and expands. When it's done filling the tank starts to cool as well as the air and you lose some pressure. That's why it's best after 20 min or so to go back and have the guy top it back off if you have the time.

SkinWalk3r
02-07-2008, 01:33 PM
ahhh ok. gotcha

now with it being at a lower PSI does it mean it will empty out quicker ?

bigred76
02-07-2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15228 In that thread we discuss the issue on fast fills. ;)

And yes, the lower the pressure in the tank, normally the quicker it'll SEEM to go. It doesn't mean it does, though. Normally the last few hundred PSI in the tank are almost unusable by any guns except the really high end ones that can use air blown into the ASA to operate. ;)

SkinWalk3r
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
cool thank I didnt realise we had an air forum.