PDA

View Full Version : E-MR1 - Practical Upgrades

glaman5266
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I just picked up an E-MR1 from my local dealer. I am aware of the many LP upgrades for Spyders, but I plan on keeping this one HP in operation.

I am still somewhat new to Spyder upgrades, so if I could be directed to MR1-specific upgrades it would be much appreciated.
I'm looking for the more practical upgrades. Bolt, foregrip (especially), etc. upgrades. I've already got the feedneck upgrade on order, so anything else (based on HP operation) would be much appreciated.

Hob Hayward
02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
alamo city paintball is probably your best bet for a bolt, they're one of the few companies I know of that does the MR1 bolt config.

Other than that really, there isn't much other than getting a new barrel (new barrel is top priority).

As to foregrip, I know trinity makes an m16 style mag.

glaman5266
02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you. Didn't know AC made a MR-style bolt.
I plan on picking up a J&J barrel or kit soon, so a barrel won't be a problem.
And I will look into Trinity. I will admit I'm a bit leery of Trinity since their parts issues, but their MR parts seem to be solid enough.
Thanks again.

Thricearch
02-07-2008, 05:48 AM
here's my advice..take the EMR1..bring it back to the store to return it and buy a regular MR1..

i don't know the conditions you play in but the EMR1 is trash in the cold..I have a regular MR1 and it works like a charm; can handle any type of weather..but with that e-board it just creates problems

camo_mr1
02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
-trinity feed neck
-mr seires 16", great but a lil wind sends the balls everywere
-egg3, deffinatly get an electric hopper
-hater sauce, but it is just as good as oil so go either way
-i freeze my mr1 on co2 so now its air
-the stock stays in my gear bag but i like the emr1 stocks the look better

thricearch, are they really that bad? i wish i had of bought one first, if i ever have spare coin id like to buy a olive emr1 and have my mr1 for backup or parts untill i can fix it, stupid idea but i think it would be cool

Thricearch
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
-trinity feed neck
thricearch, are they really that bad? i wish i had of bought one first, if i ever have spare coin id like to buy a olive emr1 and have my mr1 for backup or parts untill i can fix it, stupid idea but i think it would be cool

it's like this..the MR1 is a SOLID gun..you can take that thing swimming and it won't crap out on you..when you add the electronics to it..you add in another variable which at times is out of your hands..if its too cold or raining or snowing you're going to be worried about your electronics breaking rather than keep playing

glaman5266
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
here's my advice..take the EMR1..bring it back to the store to return it and buy a regular MR1..

i don't know the conditions you play in but the EMR1 is trash in the cold..I have a regular MR1 and it works like a charm; can handle any type of weather..but with that e-board it just creates problems
I play in basically anything but tornadoes. :D
I own about 12 markers right now and only 3 are electronic. I always use my Mag or Trilogy in the cold.
-trinity feed neck
-mr seires 16", great but a lil wind sends the balls everywere
-egg3, deffinatly get an electric hopper
-hater sauce, but it is just as good as oil so go either way
-i freeze my mr1 on co2 so now its air
-the stock stays in my gear bag but i like the emr1 stocks the look better
The only item I don't have on that list is the Hater Sauce. I have 4 e-hoppers and 3 air tanks, so I'm set there. I have a 32* Night Stick for my STBBs and I have plenty of oil stocked up.
I'm not new to paintball (been playing for over 5 years), lol. I'm just new to Spyder-specific parts.
Looks like all I really need is that Trinity feedneck. I'll putz around with the air system parts later. Thanks for the help. :)

camo_mr1
02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
the hater sause is probibly a waste of money then, the feedneck is deffinatly worth looking into, no more plastic elbows lol

Mascman
02-08-2008, 05:14 AM
What will the new bolt do for you that the stock one won't?

Is it less prone to chopping or something?

I'm new to the sport so I'm trying to learn.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-08-2008, 06:30 AM
What will the new bolt do for you that the stock one won't?

Is it less prone to chopping or something?

An upgraded bolt will reduce internal wear of your gun and will help provide a more smooth operation. Depending on the bolt you choose, it could also minimize maintainence.:)

deano 177
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
An upgraded bolt will reduce internal wear of your gun and will help provide a more smooth operation. Depending on the bolt you choose, it could also minimize maintainence.:)

Is the AC bolt really that much better? The eMR1 comes with a derlin bolt, doesn't it? That's what the web site says, any who.

it's like this..the MR1 is a SOLID gun..you can take that thing swimming and it won't crap out on you..when you add the electronics to it..you add in another variable which at times is out of your hands..if its too cold or raining or snowing you're going to be worried about your electronics breaking rather than keep playing

Can you say that is specifically only an etrigger problem? Wouldn't other markers have issues, too? I agree that the mech trigger would be pretty much flawless in some of the conditions that you mention. But in reality, if it is raining so bad that your trigger gets water in it, I think the paint would be effed up long before that. I have put the etrigger on my MR1 and I enjoy playing with it on there. I keep the mech trigger for backup, just in case.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
tmk the E-MR1 does come with a delrin bolt, but I am not sure of how good that bolt is. There is always something better. If this would be for a recreational gun, stock bolt could be considered fine. MR1 does not have an ACS bolt specifically for it. I know that other ACS bolts for other Kingmans can be modded to work. Not sure how successful they are though.

glaman5266
02-11-2008, 05:57 AM
What spring kits contain cupseal springs for full-bodied Spyders? N_Dub, I see you use a Shocktech kit...

N_Dub_Spyder
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Shocktech does not come with the valve springs. The 32 Degrees kit comes with both velocity springs and valve springs. IMO, if you are not running LP... you probably don't need to mess with your valve spring.

glaman5266
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Shocktech does not come with the valve springs. The 32 Degrees kit comes with both velocity springs and valve springs. IMO, if you are not running LP... you probably don't need to mess with your valve spring.

I have a 32* kit sitting around somewhere... lol.
And that's why I asked- just in case I decide to lower the operating pressure later on. I'm leaving it as is for now. Thanks again. :)

N_Dub_Spyder
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey no problem