PDA

View Full Version : Special Ops Commando Stock

JJacobs
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
The Spec Ops site says that it does not fit the MR1. Is that true? Any what is the difference in the MR2 stock and the one that is on the MR1? They look the same to me. Anybody got a Commando stock on their MR1? Post Pics Please...

KingTutBaller
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
True, it's the same stock on an mr1 and mr2 but if you look, you notice two different holes on the stock adapter, one on top, one on the side. Mr1 screws in from the top, mr2 from the side. I'm assuming the SO stock only screws in from the side. I'm sure it's possible to mod it so you could screw in from the top, buT i'm not sure, mine hasn't come in yet.

Mascman
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
It would be easy to just drill a hole in the side of the body and mount it that way.

Someone on here made theirs a quick disconnect that way.

If all it took was a new threaded hole in the stock, I would take the time to do that...it would look cleaner.

motokid351
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
kingtutballer. thats interesting when you get it can you tell us the results because i had the same question.

JJacobs
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm curious to know also. Seems like they would have drilled and taped holes so they could sell it for the MR1 too.

KingTutBaller
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
The stock is in, and sadly for you MR1 folk it does not come with a tapped hole on the top, BUT if you're up to the task I see no reason why you could not tap one yourself. Yes it does seem strange that they wouldn't do it... Although, I do not have an MR1 in front of me so I cannot say that is the only thing holding it back...
is the RVA the same on an mr1 and mr2/3? that could pose a problem if it isn't the same, as the adapter snugs over your RVA aswell.. Another thing I could see, is that perhaps the stock doesn't line up well with the MR1 body and perhaps they thought it looked too ugly to sell as an MR1 attachment... who knows?
Either way I'm happy as a clam with this thing on my MR2/MR3 it really completes the look I think. I'll possibly post some pictures of the adapter later and if you're still curious maybe you could make the decision as to if it would fit.

tsore17
02-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I talked to them when I picked one up for my MR1 and they said the had plans for making that change, but they didn't know when. Being an impatient person, I bought one for my MR1. I decided to drill the hole in the side of my marker, and it works great. It lines up just fine, and works great.

BYUrdneck
02-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Question - does the stock have the holes for air-thru? - i have seen the ones for the A-5's do even without buying the air thru kit.

F1R3STORM
02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
yeah it has a hole in the bottom