PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Magna Port Valve...

munkee_cheeze
02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Is the Magna Port Valve only for Low Pressure use?

DFSniper
02-11-2008, 07:43 PM
umm, it shouldnt be. it increases airflow, so even if you dont go LP, you should see your FPS increase slightly. i've heard good things about them, and for $10 a piece, i'm going to pick some up eventually because one gun is an LP project and one just has a bad valve body.

RellikLaerec
04-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Great Valve! If you do get one, I strongly suggest putting blue lock tight on the threads going into the cup seal especially if you aren't going low pressure. The vibrations can loosen it and then it will jam into the valve. Had that happen to me while I was setting the regulator, when it would jackhammer. Had a hellva time getting it out and hoping I didn't damage the valve. Thankfully everything was alright! You will also want to get a spring kit too, if you haven't already.

DFSniper
04-15-2008, 04:40 AM
did you use the stock cup seal or the brass one that came with it?

RellikLaerec
04-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I used the cup seal (brass) that comes with it. If you haven't bought any yet, check out ebay. You can find the really cheap. Got mine for $3 included shipping. It will increase your FPS quite a bit if you're not going low pressure.

Hoppy11
04-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Well since most fields have a limit on FPS you will just have to adjust your spring tension - the velocity adjuster - and lower it. You will be better air efficiency.

bigred76
04-16-2008, 09:37 AM
You will be getting better air efficiency.
;)

Valves really don't matter IMO until the end of an LP job when you're trying to get every last little PSI out that you can... otherwise, it's pointless.