PDA

View Full Version : Delrin bolt and Striker

The Communist
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Well I ordered the regular Delrin bolt and the Delrin and steel striker from Alamo city pb a couple days ago and it just got here. So i put them in, gassed up the gun and started firing. well it shot fine the first 10 shots...then it double loaded and shot, but just once. I checked the detent and it was fine and it didn't double load any more but as soon as the hopper was empty it did a crazy automatic fire and uncocked itself. I read before about it doing that with an empty tank but the tank was definately full.

Anyone have the same problem when switching to the striker?
any suggestions?

Thanks

oldironmudder
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
It went crazy with no paint because the ball isnt in the chamber to build pressure.

nazar
02-10-2008, 10:32 AM
It went crazy with no paint because the ball isnt in the chamber to build pressure.

ok that was the stupidest thing i heard......build preashure? i dont even want to ask

are you shure the tank wasent empty?
also that may sometimes happen? did you cock it and try to dryfire it?
what size tank you have cus if a 9 ounce-it actualy may be empty or if you shott to fast might have froze up and caused to mych friction and didnt have enoughf momentum to re cock

use hpa

oldironmudder
02-11-2008, 08:13 AM
ok that was the stupidest thing i heard......build preashure? i dont even want to ask

If you have a regulator on your marker & have it tuned decent enough you can turn the pressure down to just below where it wont recock on its. Drop a couple of balls in there & recock then fire. Bam it recocks. This was how I tuned markers, mainly Spyders, back in the day without a chrono. Turn the reg another 1/4 turn & play all day. I would have a lower velocity than everyone else but I could also shoot faster than everyone else. :p

N_Dub_Spyder
02-11-2008, 08:38 AM
The Communist did not say that he was using a regulator. I didn't think that the first reply made any sense either, but I didn't want to be a jerk. lol

But hey... I have not been balling since before there were chrono's. lol

nazar
02-11-2008, 10:43 PM
i dont mean to be a jerk its just my thought is? a ball in te breach dosent bueld preasure so ya

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Yeah I agree with you. I would have sounded like I was flaming the guy though. No bad intentions here either.

deano 177
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
i dont mean to be a jerk its just my thought is? a ball in te breach dosent bueld preasure so yaWith some of the lower pressure markers that can be an issue. If you are shooting 200 psi and there is nothing for the air to push off of, the bolt won't recock sometimes making the marker act like it is out of air. It shouldn't be an issue with the mr1 but it could happen.

The Communist
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
well, I was using a 20 oz CO2 tank and then when i went to play last week it did it again, so i tried my friends HPA tank and it still happened a couple times and then it stopped....

any ideas?

deano 177
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Can you give us your complete marker setup?(Completely stock, New asa, regulator,... Just the new bolt and striker?) The "full auto effect" is caused by the bolt and striker not having enough energy to thrust it to the back of the marker and lock on the trigger's releasing mechinism.

1.Do you have a regulator?
2.Have you changed any of the springs?
3.Was the Compressed air tank high pressure or low pressure?
4.Does it only do it when there are no balls in the chamber?
5.What FPS are you shooting?
6.Do you have an electronic trigger?

The Communist
02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I've changed the bolt, striker and I put in a light spring from 32degrees kit which had to be cut because i was still firing 330 (completely stock at the time)
and now in order to shoot 280fps i have the velocity adjuster turned about halfway or slightly less than that go being at the highest setting.
I'm gonna try the stock spring again next time I go or the medium spring from the kit (it looks to be slightly lighter than stock spring).
Also the air tank was high pressure.

and everything else is stock.

deano 177
02-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Where do you play at? Cold?

Is your new striker just like the old one but derlin?

You would think that the new stuff would be lighter and should cock easier. You might try to put the stock stuff back in and see if it still has an issue.

The Communist
02-15-2008, 04:19 AM
yeah the delrin striker is much lighter.
and the temp outside certainly wasn't cold (Florida) nor was it hot either since we were playing at night.

Could it be the chopped spring? could that be binding on something now?

Delrin striker I have the one with the O-ring.
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/ACCESSPIX/Kingmannewpressedstriker.jpg

deano 177
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Hmm. I totally get the Florida deal:) Have you tried to put your original stuff back in just to test the marker? As far as the cut spring- if the marker is shooting 280+/- it should have enough pressure to get it to blow back. When I put my palmers regulator on my mr1 I was only getting 240ish fps because the pressure is set at 600psi. It still would shoot with no issues, I just didn't have the velocity. I had to crank it wide open just to get the fps up to 300(then you use the marker's velocity adjuster to bring it down). This is really strange. It seems almost like your co2 flow rate is being impared. If the co2 cant recharge the marker you could get 8-10 shots before the psi dropped to the point where it wont recock. It's hard to tell with out being able to see it. Do you have a pro shop around you? If so, you might want to take it to them and have them look at it.

The Communist
02-15-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah there are a couple good pro-shops around me.

it never did this until i put in the bolt and striker....so i guess for now it's back to stock...gah!!!

deano 177
02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
You could try the derlin bolt with the original striker and vice versa. See if that has any effect. Other than that I just dont know.

Paintballer5000
02-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Are you sure you lubed the bolt.

LostCause
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
delrin bolts dont get lubed, they are self-lubricating :D

frank2591
02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry to change the subject but what is a striker (im new to paintball) and where's it located *links to pics would be nice*

The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.

deano 177
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry to change the subject but what is a striker (im new to paintball) and where's it located *links to pics would be nice*
Check out 18b on this (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/mr1.pdf) diagram of the MR1.

The Communist
02-16-2008, 07:09 AM
I lubed the two o-rings on the bolt and the one o-ring on the striker.

The striker is located in front of your main spring, it's just this giant chunk of metal (shaped like a bullet) it is what hits the valve and releases the gas. and it move simultaneously with the bolt.

pb34
02-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Try using different combinations of springs. The new bolt and striker combo might require some tuning to get it working right.

The Communist
02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
if it's shooting at 280 fps though would this happen?
I'm gonna try that medium spring in the kit and see how it goes.
What about the valve spring? Are there even any valve springs out there that would work for the mr1?

ViperX
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I had the same issue when I purchased my ACP bolt and striker. It was the delrin striker causing the problem for me. I measured the original striker and the delrin striker was slightly larger, was even noticeable when placing the strikers in the tube, you could feel more resisitance when putting in the delrin striker. I just used some very light sanding paper and evenly sanded down the striker until it slid in as smoothly as the stock striker. Just make sure you remove the o-rings before you sand it down, if that is what you choose to be the problem.

The resistance was enough to keep the pressure from pushing back the striker against the main spring and locking into place on the sear.

After that I started modding my MR for LP and still use the striker, dont use the bolt anymore...back to the stock ACS bolt.

The Communist
02-24-2008, 08:32 AM
what sand paper did you use?

N_Dub_Spyder
02-25-2008, 06:33 AM
I hope that you guys figure out a good solution to this. I love ACP products and was planning on buying this striker this month. May not buy it if it becomes notorious for causing issues.

The Communist
02-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Well if all it needs is a good sanding and it works well, it's probably still worth it.

The Communist
03-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Well I sanded it down and it worked much better...I can probably take off just a bit more around the tip where the o-ring is.
the only time it did the cough was when it did not have a paintball in it...when it did the gun performed flawlessly...well as flawless as it can on
CO2.

Best shot of the day: woodsball, little fat kid comes out from around a bunker and i get him right in the tummy(one shot one kill). He throws his arms in the air and screams and everyone watching gets a good laugh. :D

I have the magnaport highflow valve, should I wait until i'm running on Air and I have a regulator or can it perform on CO2?:confused: