PDA

View Full Version : My first problem!!

Rastaskater
02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
So the part that it on the gun is the part that flew off while i was shooting. Everything is in right. I think that thing gave away, i think i heard about this same thing happening to someone else. Did i do something wrong to my gun?

http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/67862757_211067987_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

ooglieboogliebob
02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
the picture isn't working for me ... but im thinking your talking about the venturi ... that shouldn't do anything to your gun if it pops out .. it's actually the bolt mod.. all you'd have to do is sand the sharp edges of the bolt (inside)

Rastaskater
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/ps3lessthan360/brokenpart.jpg

This work?

vikingshadow
02-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Wow, ok! That's weird! You need that piece, since the velocity adjuster, spring and striker/bolt operate from pressure exerted on that piece.

Is it a brand new gun? I don't think it could be something you did, per se. Do you have all the pieces still?

big_daddy_d
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
ouch...

DyNasty9
02-16-2006, 08:27 PM
wow ive never seen that before. thats crazy deffinatly call kingman.

Rastaskater
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow, ok! That's weird! You need that piece, since the velocity adjuster, spring and striker/bolt operate from pressure exerted on that piece.

Is it a brand new gun? I don't think it could be something you did, per se. Do you have all the pieces still?

Yeah the part that is in the gun (in the pic) flew out and hit me(if it was my eye i would have sued). So were can i find this peice? Should i call kingman. And no i have no warranty.

mv540
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
giveŽem a call:thumbup:

vikingshadow
02-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah, give them a call. Or, you can probably find another piece used somewhere.

Another reason why you should wear masks anytime you shoot your gun, even if no one else is shooting at you!

gailon24
02-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Did you not have the quick disconnect pin in or something? Because I can't picture how the BOTTOM of the bolt plug could come out when the quick disconnect pin is in.

Rastaskater
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
For the last time, the part that is in the gun in the pic is the part that flew out!

bungeye
02-17-2006, 06:07 PM
ok. y dnt u americans get it (well sme of u)? do ppl get dumber north of the equator. the part of the striker plug that was shown in the picture was the bit that flew ot and hit him. he is asking where he can get another 1. there was a tread about this on the old forum thing, about this being caused by the ACS bolt. and kingman claimed they fixed the problem with a striker plug with a deeper well for the top (the bit which closes the bolt chamber).

call/e-mail kingman and explain 2 them what happend, they should send u a new 1.

ps: about that american thing i said above, i will conuter it by saying canda smells bad, eh.

ooglieboogliebob
02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
ah, different from what i expected .. thought it was in the front .. but in the back...

and for you rastaskater ... you can get a used one from shunut which he has here. (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1358)

It's 10 dollars, probably shipped which isn't a bad deal, but you can probably call kingman and file a complaint ... but even without a complaint they would probably give, or sell you a new one.

Your gonna need a quick disconnect pin, unless shunut includes it (if you buy it from him) but if not .. kingman should probably provide it for you

If you have no warranty on it ... does it mean that ... you bought the gun used on a b/s/t thread ?? It's pretty weird to see that on a new gun ... unless it was in the warehouse explosed to intense heat and intense cold .... maybe just a defective part

Rastaskater
02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
ah, different from what i expected .. thought it was in the front .. but in the back...

and for you rastaskater ... you can get a used one from shunut which he has here. (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1358)

It's 10 dollars, probably shipped which isn't a bad deal, but you can probably call kingman and file a complaint ... but even without a complaint they would probably give, or sell you a new one.

Your gonna need a quick disconnect pin, unless shunut includes it (if you buy it from him) but if not .. kingman should probably provide it for you

If you have no warranty on it ... does it mean that ... you bought the gun used on a b/s/t thread ?? It's pretty weird to see that on a new gun ... unless it was in the warehouse explosed to intense heat and intense cold .... maybe just a defective part

Yo i have all of the that, i just need the back peice that shunut has. I will probably call kingman now.

I tell you all how it goes

ooglieboogliebob
02-18-2006, 10:08 PM
alright, cool :)

ShadowX
02-20-2006, 07:21 PM
u kno you can play with it like that, doesnt hurt anything, if they give you another one, its just gonna break again, becuase obvisously its the bolt being too long or the cap not being conutersunk enough. just leave it off, wont hurt anything.

Rastaskater
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
No man. I know it wont hurt anything. but that part must be deffective.

Rastaskater
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Well i called and called and called again., but no answer. I emailed them and they hopped right on it. The part is on its way, free of charge! They respond to emails about 6-10 hours(work_hours).

Kingman= great customer service!

ShadowX
02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
yea, im glad they sent you a free one, but if they were gonna charge you, i would not have bothered with a new one.

but great that they sent you something free, very few companies do that. i owned a couple spyders and when i did i never had trouble with them, so kingman was never needed for help.

glad you got the part though!

ooglieboogliebob
02-22-2006, 07:55 PM
thats awesome, yep kingman is just helpful like that :)