PDA

View Full Version : Effectiveness of sights...

alter_77
02-04-2008, 11:38 PM
So, I've been wanting to get a red dot sight for my MR2, however, I've was told by a local paintball shop manager that red dot sights are more of a "novelty" than a really functional tool. I wanted to get anyone's input on the effectiveness of their red-dot sights. Thanks!

SkinWalk3r
02-05-2008, 05:12 AM
he may have a point. They are good within I'd say about 150 fee. But these days even if you miss at first "there's always auto"

Jungsa
02-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Just IMO, it does not really help me, I do have one on my marker just for looks. but that is the main reason I bought a MR2!

pb34
02-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Well unless your going to be standing still for a while "sniping" I don't really feel the need for it. Most of the time I'm running around going to different places and shooting pretty quickly which eliminates the use for a Red Dot. Personally I agree with the person at the shop who said it pretty much is a novelty.

darth massacre
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
It helps for me. Gives me an idea where to put my rounds. Its not always accurate but it does help. Now I just need a mask to not get in the way of my aiming.

shunut
02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I think the biggest misconception people get when putting a sight on their marker is that its going to carry the same accuracy that it would on an actual gun. The biggest problem with this is the fact that paintballs are not perfectly round and that they are not 100% filled with paint. Due to those two facts it is nearly impossible for a paintball to fly perfectly straight over a long distance. I'm sure you could dial a sight in on a paintball marker to get a general area of where you paintball is going to go but not pin point accuracy. If you know your marker and you use a decent paint that has a consistent fill level and shape, you could easily do the same thing without a sight. I know that with all my markers I could easily hit a general area just as consistently as someone with a site. If you want the "coolness" of a sight than put it on there but don't expect to be taking guys out with 1 shot at 100 yards. I say learn your marker, find a decent paint that works well with your marker and you'll be fine without one.

alabama_lowlife
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
like everybody else said, they can help if you're going for one shot. but a marker is not a rifle. they do look cool, but i took mine off because it's just one more thing to have to clean splatter off of.

spyder-Mr2
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, I think you should get one I have one and i like it very much. For those of you who say that you usually run around and aim quick that is what a red dot is meant to do. You should think about getting one i got one for $8 but they raised the price to like $13 but here is the one that I got it is called "Daisy Electronic Point Sight" i know its for an airsoft gun but it still fits. The only bad part is that it is hard to put on and its on the small side, but its good for a 8-13 dollar red dot.