PDA

View Full Version : Tech Steve, I have a bone to pick with you

pinkanese
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
I believe that I have built THE GREATEST MR1 IN THE WORLD! Pics in post #9 or 10 or so.

But sadly it rained today so I couldn't get you guys good pics, so to tide you over:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/MR1Start.jpg
This is my base, just so you know that I actually used an MR1 :)

Hob Hayward
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
So until tomorrow........ (Yes I am actually going to show you tomorrow not like 3 days form now ;) .)

Oh sure, I believe that :rolleyes:

newkid
02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
the suspense is killing me :dodgy: , I dont think I will see one better than ace's

pinkanese
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh sure, I believe that :rolleyes:

Well I mean providing the weather is nice, I want you to get the full effect, I know you guys don't wnat those crumby indoor pics I took of it this afternoon real quick like.

xsvly-fat
02-04-2008, 07:11 PM
the suspense is killing me :dodgy: , I dont think I will see one better than ace's

qft he has the nicest mr1 that i have ever seen

pb34
02-05-2008, 07:32 AM
It's tomorrow. ;)

N_Dub_Spyder
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Where are these pics at?!?!?!

pinkanese
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
calm down fellas. I had to go to school today. Oh and photobucket is currently down, as soon as I can get tehm uploaded....

SpyderMan723
02-05-2008, 12:58 PM
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics
I spaced them because if you put them together they spell a racial slur lol

pinkanese
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Well since Photobucket finally decided to stop doing maintanence,a dn you guys seem to be getting impatient, here ya go. Spec list to come later,that is if you want one.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/completed3.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/completed4.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/completed5.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/completed6.jpg

I know it still needs a little work, and a sling, but this is basically it. Let me know what ya think.

newkid
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I actually really like it, probly the best one I've seen with home modifications

The Communist
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
AMAZING!

What did you do to get it side cocking like that? Also, what is the weight of it now?

bassmasta
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
great idea you had putting the cocking pin on the hammer. I just want to know what sort of air-through kit you used, and how you stopped the air from leaking out the original hole.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
That is really awesome!!! Great job man, looks like a lot of hard work. :waytogo:

deano 177
02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
AMAZING!

What did you do to get it side cocking like that? Also, what is the weight of it now?
It looks like he used a different striker and milled out the side where the bolt will go. I got a striker with my etrigger and it had the same threaded side or you can go straight down with the regular cocking pin.

That marker looks really good. How did you get the front grip to stay on and is there maybe an expansion chamber in there?

pinkanese
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
deano hit it right on the head, except in order to put on that riser rail I used an older bolt and a custom pin.

bassmasta, I didn't use a kit, inside the sotck there is a female to female fitting, a 45* and a straight macro fitting. The hole si standard 1/8 NPt so I jsut used a guage plug.

Thanks guys.

Edit: The weight was 5 lB before a few add ons so its probably pushing 5.5-6 as pictured, but she shoulders nicely, scope is right near my eye, and I really don't notice the weight.

Hob Hayward
02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Damn, that IS nice.

I like the side mounted stab, side cocking and the stock and foregrip, very nicely done. Well that was pretty much all of it. Very well done! Only thing I might do is stain the wood darker, but thats just me.

pinkanese
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
It is actually darker in person, the sun was hitting it in the pics so it looks lighter.

xsvly-fat
02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah it looks good for just home made mods

camo_mr1
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
ya i really like the side cocking, my spyder classic has the same side cocking/frame set up, is that what you did just stole the parts from one? if not thats to bad because that would have worked out mint

pinkanese
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
no all the parts are from diffrent guns. The frame I had on hand, the striker came in the gun, I am like the 3rd owner on this so I have no idea who put it in.

camo_mr1
02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
either way its awsome, good job

Hob Hayward
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention, this certainly puts gives ace's a run for its money.

Any idea what pressure its running? Or have you kept it near stock?

DFSniper
02-06-2008, 07:23 AM
i'm impressed, although it looks a little awkward without a reg/grip on the front (but i know you're going for that rifle look!) maybe get a bipod and put a fake red mark at the bottom of the stab. to make it look like a laser??

pinkanese
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
No fake laser for me, I can mount one on my scope ring though :D.

I have considered a bipod but I don't feel like spending the cash and I doubt I would really use it. And I didn't just make it that way for looks, I love the feel of this gun, though I have considered mounting a little piece of rail to the bottom and then putting on my vertical grip, though I doubt I ever willl I like the clena look too much.

Sadly it is stock pressure. I might get to modding out the internals later, but I still have to get the Stab to stop leakin, fix the burping problem, resecure the stock, find and mount a sling, zero th scope, and get her on a chrono to check the velocity, so it will be awhile before any drastic changes.

DFSniper
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Sadly it is stock pressure. I might get to modding out the internals later, but I still have to get the Stab to stop leakin, fix the burping problem, resecure the stock, find and mount a sling, zero th scope, and get her on a chrono to check the velocity, so it will be awhile before any drastic changes.

i know how that feels, mine has the torp turned all the way up and still only shooting 245-260 fps. i need new internals, mainly an aftermarket valve

pinkanese
02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
i know how that feels, mine has the torp turned all the way up and still only shooting 245-260 fps. i need new internals, mainly an aftermarket valve

Just drill out the top and front hole, then sand the face down. I need to go do that to one of my extra valves adn test it out, ugh I don't want to open her up though I have to literally take off eerypiece and taek teh Stab off, oh well waht we do for custom guns.

DFSniper
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
well, i opened my other one up (i dont know if you remember Dragon's valve mod, basically a half-open magnaport valve) and its caused my gun to leak, so i dont want to risk another leak problem.

deano 177
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
torp
What's a torp?

pinkanese
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Bob Long Torpedo Regulator. Pst, Palmers kicks the torp's butt, and it wouldn't last 10 secounds in the ring with an AKA.

DFSniper
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
i know :D but i was on a budget!

motokid351
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Pinkanese. i was curious, howd you make the stock, i was considering making one for my gun.

pinkanese
02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Well which part of it do you need specifics on? The actual stock, I just put two pieces of oak together, cut out the pattern I had made with a jigsaw, attached it with an electric plained amd belt sander. Then routered teh edges and sanded it smooth, this whole process is just trail and error. I have a bit of previous experience workign with wood, though this was my fisrt go at gun furniture (not as good as I would have hoped:() AS far as moutning is consern3ed I jsut useda piece of an old bolt I had already cut a bit, drille dand tapped it to use the original mounting screw and ran a screw though the stock into it.

I am not sure waht else you would need to know, this is a very straight forward mod. Just have to have a little know how in wood working.