PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in the bolt

bow to the MR2
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok i have heard it a few places, but i just need to know what this really means, what do i have to do???

and will the qloader solve the whole chopping paint problom?

interceptorMR2
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
okay when it comes to breaking in a bolt, i cant post pics right now, I have no camera sadly. but what you can do is take your bolt out of your MR2, use something like a zip tie to compress the spring inside the bolt, and leave it that way for 2 days to up to about a week.

interceptorMR2
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/breakinbolt.jpg

heres a crappy picture of what you should do, but basically take a zip tie (sorry that doesnt really look like a zip tie :confused: ) put it in through the bolt and compress the spring down all the way and the zip tie will keep it compressed. leave it there for a few days i guess, sometimes it takes a week or so to get it correct though.

interceptorMR2
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
dont hate paint baby, its all good! ha sorry im not a visual artist

HavocNC
02-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey man, after you have compressed the spring in your bolt go pick up a good box of 2000 make sure you have your tank(s) filled and just run all that paint through, you will probably get some chops because I am still breaking in my bolt after compressed for 5 days and shot over 4000 rounds it is just figuring out to recock itself, so just do that and most of the time when you have to recock that means the bolt has stopped halfway and has not chopped the ball.