PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my mask!!!

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Ok, so I went paintballing today for like 5 hours, and I finally experienced the UNBELIEVABLE downsides of non-thermal goggles. So, I'm ready to invest in REAL goggles.

I really need some advice on a mask to buy. I WILL NOT SPEND MORE THAN $60! I know that there ARE awesome masks for $60 bucks or less. I'm up for anything, but I just want to buy a mask that WILL NEVER FOG. And, I would like it to be nice and comfortable.

Thnx in advance, And please help!!! I really need it!

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd also like to add that my local field is an indoor-urban warehouse like field. SO, it gets REALLY hot inside. So, I'm looking at the PCS thermal with a fan, because its fairly cheap and seems like a good mask. Is it good?

LostCause
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
proto swicth e.l. anti fog goggles.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=t_kwGVNooN0wKBTPKPjwsVmhpTs5BWe0LFg=?Pro ductID=Sw3AqArbIBkAAAD%2efdF68wyU
30.95 (comes with a free thermal lense)

Extreme rage 20/20 with fan THermal goggles
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=t_kwGVNooN0wKBTPKPjwsVmhpTs5BWe0LFg=?Pro ductID=ozjAqArbgE0AAAD_KFVHHeDm
44.95 (Russian legion used to use these)

deano 177
02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Here (http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/46/) is a good place to start. Check your price range and see what you like. If there is a paintball store nearby, see if they will let you try on some of their masks that they have on hand. Ask people at your field if they will let you try on their masks. In the mean time, try to pick up some thermal lens for the mask you have now. Get the cheapest ones that you can find and then you will have a backup pair.

I got mine because they have the quick disconnect feature(and taking the JT lens out suks!). I got shot in the lens this weekend and because I had a bucket of water I was able to clean them in no time flat. They also have the wide peripheral view. That is nice as well. Take your time and find something that you like. You don't want to rush into buying something just because it has a fan. You might not like them or the way they feel.

pb34
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Used V-force Profilers from PBN!! I love them and they've yet to fog on me. You can get them pretty cheap in the $30 range too! You should go to your local store and try a bunch of different ones on to see which one feels best on you though.

krashtestdummie
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I personally love my vforce profilers, and have never fogged up on me. It gets up to 34 degrees Celsius-94 Fahrenheit and have never had a problem with them fogging. Their $60 new at Action Village (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=f9yKhp8-Xc-KFtiZ2rNKLpX3ARR2clwiuGc=?CategoryName=paintball-goggles-and-accessories-goggles-v-force-goggles) or you could always pick up a used pair and just replace the lens if you had to.

chnk
02-04-2008, 04:03 PM
filers ftw or flexs but i like my filer better

bigred76
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I <3 my Flex7's.... :) VForce is great too, I used to love my Vantages, but I wouldn't get them again if I'd known how much the stock lense fogs up... The Profiler comes with a better lense stock though. ;) Both the Profiler and Proflex/Flex7 are in the $30-60 range on PBN's goggles section depending on condition and what it has on it (custom straps, soft ears, lenses, etc etc).

SupaSnipa
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
#1-JT Flex 7's
#2-V-Force Profilers

xsvly-fat
02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
my proflexs have never fogged up and ive played in rain and cold

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Ok, right now I'm liking the Profilers. Today I used my friends E-Vents, and they were nice, but are pretty expensive. Anyway, I want a pair of goggles in which the stock lenses are good. Like, I don't mind getting better ones later, but for now, I wanna buy a $60 mask that performs well as is.

So, I'm REALLY liking the Profilers, but are the stock lenses good? Because I HATE fog so much, I have a REALLY cheap ass mask.

bigred76
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Anything's better than Ravens, and the ones that come with the Profilers aren't half bad. ;)

pilotsoldier83
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
dude i use the good ole jt from wal-mart with the anti-fog lenses and ive never had a problem, and im playin outdoors in north carolina now and its humid as hell here

applesauce
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
i got my profilers for 60 and they are awesome, even in the hot humid mid west! no for what so ever, and a great field of view! they fit great on the face and dont rub on your neck or have awkward pressure points like some masks do!

also...that quick out lens is a god send! you can pop out the lens, clean it and dry it and put it back in all before the next round starts! and it also helps when you store the mask so you dont get cracks from them bending in a bag or box or whatever,

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Ok, I'm gonna get the Profilers. Thanx so much everyone. Last thing, is there a difference between the Profilers and the SE Profilers? (they're the same price.)

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok, I'm kind of considering the JT Flex7s because they're cheaper..

So between the Profilers and the JTs..which is better?

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Also, what about the Flex8s?!

UGHH! I dont know what to do!

interceptorMR2
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
hey i use extreme rage 20/20 thermal goggles w/ the built in fan, it works great, and im just about one of the worst people when it comes to fogging up goggles. well actually its the PCS jungle camo 20/20 but they are the same thing just different colors i guess

newkid
02-04-2008, 05:54 PM
JT's lenses are a pain in the ass to take out profilers>flex7s imo

chnk
02-04-2008, 05:58 PM
JT's lenses are a pain in the ass to take out profilers>flex7s imo

thats true but flexs are lighter and more comfortable,

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Although thats apparantly true, the JTs are $20 less?...I just mean that aside from the trouble with the taking out of the lenses, do the Flex7s give the same "fog-preventing performance" as the Profilers?

chnk
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Although thats apparantly true, the JTs are $20 less?...I just mean that aside from the trouble with the taking out of the lenses, do the Flex7s give the same "fog-preventing performance" as the Profilers?

the lense never gave me any issues, as long as their thermal its good

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 06:17 PM
So, the stock lenses are good in the Flex7s?

mr1newbie
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
If you liked your friend's E-Vents and would cosider getting a pair, you can find some on PbNation in the $60 range.

Dimitrio
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Although thats true, I was talking about the lenses. They weren't THAT foggy, but got a little fogged. Plus, they werent THAT comfortable either. I found em kinda square shaped on my head...

applesauce
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
im telling you, the easy out lens alone is worth 60 bucks. and I always tell everyone when i ref, as do many that your goggles are the most important piece of equipment you will ever own. if you get profilers and dont like them, ill fly to where you are and let you empty a hopper on my rosin bag.

bigred76
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Hmm, I don't like Profilers... *grabs hopper and gun* :D

Really, it's down to you. I don't think one goggle is really better than the other (between the Flex7 and Profiler), it just comes down to preference. My Flex7's look as sick as ****, get bounces all over, and fit my head perfectly. My Vantages (ALMOST the same as the Profilers, but cheaper) fit my head alright, but are a bit tight in some points (temples), and they also get good bounce. I don't own Profilers, but the few I've tried have pretty much been the same feel as my Vantages, which I personally prefer my Flex7 over.

As far as the lense goes, I'm fine taking the 30 extra seconds or so it takes to get my Flex lense out. It isn't that much time, and a quick wipe down is just fine normally.

Dimitrio
02-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Ok, so the lenses will be fine if I wipe before every round? Like I'm really just looking for lenses that won't fog. And, I'm only being kind of nervous because I found that the E-Vents fogged a little bit, and nothing even touched them.

pb34
02-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Both the Flex 7 and Profiler stock lenses will be fine with the fog. What it really comes down to is the little things and how it fits on you. I might feel great with a Profiler and think the Flex feels terrible. Everyone is different which is why it's best to try them on. The Profilers also have the easy out lense clips which make it nice and easy to remove the lense. Your best bet is to go to your local store, try both of them on and make a decision there. If you can't do that I'm sure you would be fine with either one.

deano 177
02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
im telling you, the easy out lens alone is worth 60 bucks.and I always tell everyone when i ref, as do many that your goggles are the most important piece of equipment you will ever own.
+1. That did it for me.
if you get profilers and dont like them, ill fly to where you are and let you empty a hopper on my rosin bag.
-1. I'm not down with that!:eek:

Dimitrio
02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok, thanks soo much. I'm gonna go with the JT Flex7s. They fit nicely, and are cheaper.

Again, thanks sooooo much for all the responses.

Walsh
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
i love my jt mask, they were 30 pucks and there anti fog. i love em.

Ace24
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
i love my jt mask, they were 30 pucks and there anti fog. i love em.

Where can you pay for masks in pucks?!

I just acquired a JT Flex 7 and love it. Only thing I don't like is the irritation of removing the lens.

I really love my soft eared Profiler though. That and my E-Vents... I'd take either over the Flex any day.