PDA

View Full Version : Best paint to barrel match for a J&J.

motokid351
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew what a good paint to barrel match works best on the J&J series barrels, because as accurate as my gun seems to be and as wonderful as it is when i tilt my gun down the balls fall right out. its kind of annoying. anyone who has an idea on what they thinks paintballs work best opinion would be greatly appreciated.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
This is a GREAT question! I too am somewhat curious. I struggle getting paint that is not too tight in my J&J. From what I have "heard" Diablo heat matches pretty good. I need to get a case to confirm this though. Anybody else know of a good paint for J&J?

cyberthrasher_706
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I haven't tried them myself but my friend who has the same barrel on his A5 is swearing by marbalizers. I have to find a new source for paint since our local shop just closed down.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-05-2008, 12:27 PM
See, I have tried Marbalizer and they seem to bee too tight in my J&J also!?!? Pretty frustrating.

deano 177
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew what a good paint to barrel match works best on the J&J series barrels, because as accurate as my gun seems to be and as wonderful as it is when i tilt my gun down the balls fall right out. its kind of annoying.

First things first. The dent should keep the paint from rolling out of the barrel. Check that. I shoot Diablo heat in my MR1 and my VS3. It does well with both markers. I have had a few bad balls but the paint was old. I chopped one in the MR two weeks ago and it jammed so bad I couldn't recock the thing.:mad: Once all the stuff was cleaned out it was good to go.

camo_mr1
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
i had a bag of formula 13 and they were to small, could have just been the batch but worked great in my 16", shooting though no barrel test but i will probibly use them more this year

monster balls from walmart is what i normally use and there good but some times i luck out and get dented balls and some crazy sizes

big balls from canadain tire, sorry americans lol worked out perfect in every barrel again i only used then once

the winter balls the local shop has are the best, id use them all year around if theyd sell them, i hope its not because they havent been sitting in trucks/stores because there great, i use pink fill so i can see them

frank2591
02-05-2008, 08:45 PM
i had a bag of formula 13 and they were to small, could have just been the batch but worked great in my 16", shooting though no barrel test but i will probibly use them more this year

monster balls from walmart is what i normally use and there good but some times i luck out and get dented balls and some crazy sizes

big balls from canadain tire, sorry americans lol worked out perfect in every barrel again i only used then once

the winter balls the local shop has are the best, id use them all year around if theyd sell them, i hope its not because they havent been sitting in trucks/stores because there great, i use pink fill so i can see them

Speaking of winter balls lol, my uncle is a cop and they have paintball guns that they use as a 'less lethal' method and he gave me a case of paintball with an antifreeze base in it...PRETTY HARDCORE! + they shoot great.

The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys.

KingTutBaller
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
camo mr1, finally someone from my area! Ever goto Ground Zero?

motokid351
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
anyone else. and my own findings have shown that pro sport does not work very well at all, it slides right through.

deano 177
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Heat?

SpyderMan723
02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I chopped one in the MR two weeks ago and it jammed so bad I couldn't recock the thing.

lol the same thing happened to my in my very first game with my MR1.

I was under fire and i started to panic!

motokid351
02-12-2008, 04:59 AM
heat? you mean the barrels heated, the paints heated or the paint heat?

N_Dub_Spyder
02-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Diablo Heat. It is a smaller paintball

deano 177
02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Yea, Diablo Heat. I use that with my MR1 and Vs3. I have never had an issue with it rolling out of the barrel unless it was a double load.

motokid351
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
oh. ok, just checking, i wasnt sure what you meant. ill try some this weekend.

LostCause
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
the winter brand works great to, though i usually uese monstor balls from walmart or visible impact. both i havent had any trouble,....j&j had to make a .688 barrel...not a .689 :(

camo_mr1
02-13-2008, 12:07 PM
i use the monster balls also but im not a big fan of yellow fill anymore. to hard to see

TheDarkShadow
02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
the winter brand works great to, though i usually uese monstor balls from walmart. i havent had any trouble,....j&j had to make a .688 barrel...not a .689 :(

i use the monster balls also but im not a big fan of yellow fill anymore. to hard to see

50% of the time don't break though and they are in general a bad paintball

LostCause
02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
rally, i've had almost everyone break? though i've also bought DXS bronze and that not break idk....i hate paint lol. they need to mker the prfect paintball for $40

deano 177
02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
rally, i've had almost everyone break? though i've also bought DXS bronze and that not break idk....i hate paint lol. they need to mker the prfect paintball for $40 More like $30!:D I'd shoot more!

camo_mr1
02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
ya the monster balls are junk but their cheap, ive had them not break on me tons of times. the pb shop carries heat and formula 13, ive tryed both but never bought bags just a handfull type deal and im gonna try both but more then likely use the 13

Mascman
02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
What is the actual bore size of the J&J?

I have shot Recons through the stock MR barrel and they were flying nice and straight...although doing a drop test on the barrel almost every other one fell straight through.

The ones that didn't fall straight through had to blown out.

On my AK barrel, which I believe to be .692, the Recons are a tight fit...couldn't even blow some of them out.