PDA

View Full Version : Rethreading Assault block

big_daddy_d
02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok going off of the screw size chart thats stickied, the screw I was using on my AB was M5 X12.5mm, what would be the tap and screw size that I would need so my AB would not be wobbling around? ANy help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

druid
02-16-2006, 05:02 PM
nope...you need to just add a washer under the screw head to stop the wobble...or use a shorter screw like a M5x10. The assault block has a bigger hole so they can't drill it as deep.

DRAGON
02-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok going off of the screw size chart thats stickied, the screw I was using on my AB was M5 X12.5mm, what would be the tap and screw size that I would need so my AB would not be wobbling around? ANy help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

I'm a bit cornfused here; you say you have a screw of a specific size yet you're asking for a screw size and tap size....huh? -:rolleyes:

Exactly what are you trying to do here? - :confused:

durrell
02-16-2006, 07:07 PM
He probably needs to know what screw to use if he stripped the screw head, and then the tap size of the hole on the actual body that holds the AB in place..

big_daddy_d
02-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Since I'm not metric inclined or whatever you want to call it, I was wondering what the next size screw up in diameter would be, and what size tap I would need to make the threads for said screw if in fact the threads are stripped and its not just that I need a washer...

dammit now I'm starting to confuse myself. Thanks dragon :D

DRAGON
02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
This whachur lookin for? (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_drill_tap_chart.html) - ;)

big_daddy_d
02-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah I guess so lol, that does help :D so whats the next bigger screw size though? would it be a M6 x 12.50mm?