PDA

View Full Version : I need help on what to say

Paintballadict18
02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
to my cousin he told me that he looked on action village and another place and at big 5 that they all said the VS2 could run on Co2 i need help on what to tell him about all the crap hill run into if he doenst buy a tank hes being a hardhead right now i keep saying "the internals will get all messed up" (myspace comments) and he replies "lol" hes pissing me off im about ready to let him buy it and laugh in his face when it blows up or something

king-man
02-03-2008, 07:31 PM
hes pissing me off im about ready to let him buy it and laugh in his face when it blows up or something

lol, i dont really think it will it will blow up but hell have more money in it in a 6 monthes time then he would for 5 years on hpa, let him go cheap and let him learn a leeson, thats what i do when someone acts like they know more than me:D

Paintballadict18
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
i know it wont blow up im just pissed off but he finally gave in and is going for the VS1 (with a viewloader hoper:D ) the reason hes buying a new gun is because hes gonna be in a tourny next weekend and wat made me even more mad was that he didnt even tell me about it and when i asked he said that it was full and they dont allow the rocking trigger wich is dumb its just a stupid little rec tourny so yea im pissed wehn i get that VS2 trigger... oh boy

swoosh81
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
A VS2 will run fine on anti-siphon Co2 or when using a remote.

newkid
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I hate talking to noobs

swoosh81
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I hate talking to noobs

That refers to, What?

king-man
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I hate talking to noobs

were not the ones with the name newkid, lol, jk

bigred76
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Nubes never understand, Swoosh. ;)

Good luck to him, but if I were you, I wouldn't loan him any of my guns after he ****s his up. :D

swoosh81
02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow, it's amazing how many people beleive you can't run a VS2 on Co2. Dow 33 on valve orings and your good to go.

bigred76
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
It's amazing to me how many people are dumb enough to try it, too. Why risk something when the manufacture says "NO?" Hell, you CAN use anti-siphoned air on most high-end markers according to their manuals... at least, until manufactures got tired of dip****s using CO2 on their guns and ****ing them up. ;)

Is a nube smart enough to run a remote line with the tank vertically? No. Absolutely not. Is a nube smart enough to properly align an anti-siphoned CO2 tank? No, absolutely not. Because of this, you CANNOT recommend it to a nube, otherwise... you guessed it, they're going to **** up their gun.

newkid
02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
That refers to, What?

yeah, I knew that was going to happen the name was a bad choice but I've learned a lot in 2 years and if you think I'm a noob, GOD you should see the people I talk to

deano 177
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
yeah, I knew that was going to happen the name was a bad choice but I've learned a lot in 2 years and if you think I'm a noob, GOD you should see the people I talk to
If you pm one of the super mods they might allow you to change. There is another forum that I post on that is the same build as this and they allow people to change their name.

I picked mine, or rather, this is the one I use for everything. Myspace, xbox live, other forums,... you name it. Plus, if you happen to be somewhere else and you see deano 177, you will probably find out it's me!

king-man
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
you can run co2 in a vs beacuse techincally its not an electropnuematic gun, but, co2 is hard on the intrernals and the orings, causing you to have to change them frequntly, co2 is freezing cold and when you put that to an oring what do you get, a oring that falls apart quik

bigred76
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Don't make me quote manuals at you.... :nunu: Manufactures only suggest what is safe for the markers, follow the manual and you're going to get somewhere with your gun besides the shop you bought it out of. :rolleyes:

Hob Hayward
02-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Now, now tim, they WERE going to allow co2 with the vs series initially, and they ARE allowing it with the RS series.

The only differences between RS and VS are the REGS, thus, I would deduce that the VS2/3 would work with co2, however I doubt the reg could handle a high fire rate.

Now thats not to say I recommend using co2 with a shoddy reg, but TBH the worst you could do is blow a few o-rings and go buy an hpa tank, or get a shop to install an anti-siphon.

king-man
02-07-2008, 05:25 AM
not exactly, the rsx that has the same valve as the vs is hpa only to, the new SE technology on the vs allows co2

camo_mr1
02-07-2008, 09:46 AM
i freeze up my mr1 on co2 so i went and bought 2 used air tanks 48/3000 and 68/4500 for under the price of one 48/3000 steely.
because i saved so much coin i bought a vs3 and now if anyone asks the only thing good about co2 to me is the shot count anything else junk. it costs the same to fill and my guns never miss a beat

bigred76
02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
With the VS series, the regulator is on the bottomline (common knowledge, but bear with me). If this regulator were to blow from maluse, dirt, coldness, etc etc on CO2, it would not bleed the air in a decent fashion as most aftermarket regs will in order to protect the marker (regulator's a ****load cheaper than a thousand or more dollar gun, that's what they're thinking when they're making them). Thus, the gun will be subjected to the full 1800 WP of the CO2 gas, because it is allowed to expand to that extent through the foregrip and bottomline. Let me know when they make a gun that is designed for that pressure, because I'm going to make myself a damned bunker when I first hear that they do! The orings would freeze, crack, and give way first around the valve, then spew that noxious gas we love oh so dearly into the atmosphere around the marker, most likely chilling the marker to the point that if you were to hold it, it'd be equivalent to licking a light poll when it's snowing.

Sounds great, don't it? :) The RS most likely has a blow-off built in to keep that from happening, but I seriously doubt the VS2 does as it's NOT designed for it, as stated by the manufacture and every damned thing put up on the web that has to do with it's air source. I've had a CO2 bottle catastrophically fail on me before, chemically burning my right hand that was holding the bottle. ****, it hurt like a mother ****er. If it wasn't for the regulator on my gun from bleeding the pressure, it woulda got my other hand as well as it was right on the marker's VA.

bamf-hacker
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
OK after reading that I have only one comment...

PLAY NICE, I am sick and the ban stick makes me feel better :)

spray and pray
02-07-2008, 02:42 PM
bigred. I saw that happen to somebody, not pretty.

king-man
02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
ouch, thats sounds like a *****

Hob Hayward
02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I've dumped an entire co2 tank with a remote...

TO clarify, its not a chemical burn, its just naturally really really cold metal your touching.

Also, if it froze... why would you put your hand on it.

Maybe I'm just pampered by my palmer stabilizer, but a friend of mine LOVES to shoot full auto or walk his pilot like theres no tomorrow, he runs straight up CO2, and could you guess, he has never had it freeze up on him, get cold, yeah, but never to the point where the gun was frosted over.

And tbh, when I would run my imagine in the cold way back before I got my stab, it will screw with o-rings, but really, that can be fixed np. With an anti-siphon of course, you're set.

bigred76
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
You just love arguing, don't you? :) You can't beat me on this one, talking to you on AIM now...

For everyone here, I win this argument. Even with his pocket azn he can't outsmart me. :D

Paintballadict18
02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
aw man i wanted to watch it keep going :D

bigred76
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
It all gets into Thermodynamic properties, direct proportional values, etc etc... not very good stuff unless you can thwomp Hob on the head while talking about it. ;)

He's complaining that the tank is different from the gun, and that because of that I can't compare the two. :rolleyes: And CO2 rolling along the outside of the tank is actually what got my hand REALLY stuck to the tank. I'm sorry that I was paying more attention to the gushing air and wondering what the **** had just happened to take my hand off the *****. ;)

EDIT: Chart for reference on thermodynamic expansion of CO2: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2pv.gif

DFSniper
02-07-2008, 06:14 PM
there was a post on PBN (cant find it right now) where someone proved that you CAN run it on CO2, but after a while it will f*** up your gun.

bigred76
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Hob asked what the worst that could happen was, and my post was it. It'll probably be fine if you're real damn careful, but unless you're watching your gun closely, I wouldn't risk it.

Hob Hayward
02-07-2008, 06:30 PM
So as I was saying in our IM conversation, that was the tank's malfunction, not the gun, nor do guns tend to explode like a faulty burst disk.

In addition, vapor pressure of co2 is 800PSI at 80*F or so, not 1800psi...

Disclaimer:
I only argue that it would be possible, not that you should run a vs on co2, in fact, I would never suggest going against manufacture recommended use of any product :rolleyes: .

Btw Tim, I win.

bigred76
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
If the tank wasn't on the gun like it shouldn't be in the first place, we wouldn't have the issue, now would we? ;) I win. :D

My 1800psi comes from the WP, which for CO2 with a full tank according to that graph I posted is at a little less than 120*F. That'd be like someone airing up their VS2 on a 105* day, and shooting the max ROF for a couple minutes, putting it down out in the sun, and leaving it.

Hob Hayward
02-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh well yeah, but there is a general common sense rule: NEVER EVER, NEVAR EVAR leave your tank in the sun. That is pure idiocy. Especially if the day is hot to begin with.

Also, I can't believe you even had to mention that co2 tanks DO NOT belong on guns, thats just common sense, I mean, did people acctually think they could use their guns? people these days :rolleyes:

Standard pressure of a CO2 tank is 800 psi, as soon a someone else posts, they'll prove me right.

That makes you not the winnar, the winner would be me :D

bigred76
02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Psh, in your dreams, skinny boy! I said on a gun, and we're in the VS2 forums... that should be common sense as well, as this entire thread was just about VS2's and CO2. :rolleyes: Hmm, I got an easy way to settle this... whoever figures out how to put an image in their sig first wins... Oh wait, that means I win! :dodgy:

My point about this thread is that a new player would not know any of these things. Think back (way back in my case, jeez, almost 7 or 8 years) to when you first started playing. When did you first start putting together that the CO2 in the sun was a bad thing, and that the heat made the CO2 last longer (the first inklings of understanding the Thermodynamic properties)? It wasn't that far into playing, I'm sure, as you're fairly smart, but others just aren't.

Paintballadict18
02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Hold Everything!!! im gonna go make some popcorn

Hob Hayward
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey whoa, only reason I don't have a sig is cause they limit you to 16kb or some nonsense, I go all or none :rolleyes:. I've been puttin images in sigs since you were an wee litel baby!

In any case, as I said, I argue that its possible, not that I'd tell a noob to do it (unless they were anti-siphoned :D).

I win

Paintballadict18
02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
this popcorn is yummy needs more butter though

bigred76
02-07-2008, 09:02 PM
O rly? I've been playing paintball since you were still in diapers, how is it that you are more 1337 than I? Oh, I forgot, you aren't, it's just because of that ego thing you got going... You know what they say: "[you're] just compensating!"

If a nube tried putting an anti siphon tank on something, they'd screw it in so that the anti-siphon would merely siphon the liquid CO2. :rolleyes:

Paintballadict18
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
a bit to much salt i would say

bigred76
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Hmm, I think Hob went to bed for the night. I guess we'll continue in the morning when his lazy bum behind wakes up. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your popcorn! *grabs a piece as he walks off to bed*

bamf-hacker
02-08-2008, 04:57 AM
***Picks up the popcorn off the floor and throws it away***

While this back and forth bicker is fun to read, move it back to IM's before one of you goes to far. I am still sick and now I am at work on top of that so my crankiness is HIGH.

and next time kids clean up after yourselves or you are all getting grounded! :)

Hob Hayward
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Teehee I win for now tim.