PDA

View Full Version : Store I can get a Wii from?

Muddytaco
02-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I have been looking for one since Christmas and so far I am SOL. All I want is the standard package, none of this $650 bundle crap there trying to force people into buying.

Anybody know a good store to call/go to that might actually have one?

HelpDeskHustler
02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Gamestop and other similar stores get shipments on Tuesday. Usually in the morning, most gamestop people will tell you, just be there first.

shunut
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
We got ours from eBay for $350 shipped, brand new. We sat and watched auctions for 3 days and bid on like 20 of them before we won ours. If you go that route I guess you just have to be patient.

bigred76
02-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmm, I may be able to hook you up. Cheri (my girlfriend) works at Target, and although she can't put in orders for them, she can get a hold of one as soon as the store opens. Lemme talk to her, and I'll let you know, David. :)

battlechaser
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah.. it's all luck in getting them.

Ingenious marketing by Nintendo though, create a ton of demand and limited supply. I mean, it's been two years since the release and they still can't keep them on the shelves.

bamf-hacker
02-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Toys-r-us... I got mine there. They did make you buy one other thing with it, but that was needed anyway. I got WII play so I had a second wiimote and some extra games.

kidonfire
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmm, I may be able to hook you up. Cheri (my girlfriend) works at Target, and although she can't put in orders for them, she can get a hold of one as soon as the store opens.

Exactly how I got my Wii. My Bro worked at Target, and kinda hid one away for me.

darth massacre
02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I got my Wii from the HMV outlet at the mall next to my apartment. It doesn't have all the bundled crap - but that was a year ago and I'm not certain about the deals now. The big stores like Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, EB are the places you should look for first - but the next stops should be really wierd ones - see if your local supermarket has an electronics section, or some other videostores that also carry games - you'll be surprised what you can find.

Ace24
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I can find you one if you want... Target had like 60 when I got mine. All of which were sold in that same day.