PDA

View Full Version : getting my mr2 soon, anything i should do to avoid problems

thep8ntr
02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
After going through some pages here, i've noticed that alot of people are having problems with the mr2. I ordered mine 2 days ago and im kind of worried that its going to have problems. I ordered

mr2
Odyssey Halo TSA Front Man LED
and also a 20 oz Aluminum CO2 Tank With Pin Valve

this is my first gun, so im a noob. Is there anything I should do when i get it. Will buying a new bolt avoid many problems or what?

Spyder_Man
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
the first thing you should do is break in the bolt for a couple days

wylde01
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
like spyder man said. break in the bolt first and i have used the tsa on my mr2 but its nothing like my reloader b which is a force fed hopper.

grande juevos
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I have the same setup, stock detents won't hold up. Order a set of Timmy detents (Bob Long intimidator detents - same size but stiffer). Otherwise you will have a double feed problem. I learned this all from the boards - try searching for timmy or MR2 detents

keeperkys
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Good job on getting the electric hooper a lot of people break paint. this will reduce paint breaking.

wylde01
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
you should only need the new detents if the ones that come with the mr2 are not black. it still would not hurt to have some backups though.

SpyderMan723
02-01-2008, 07:41 PM
future upgrade possibility=new barrel
recommendations:J&J Ceramic,Smartparts tactical

Or you could take your shroud off and fit any barrel you wish

pinkanese
02-01-2008, 07:44 PM
First thing you should do is sell it adn buy a real Spyder like an MR1 or Classic. Heck for what it si worth you could have gotten a good paintball gun like a Minimag.

interceptorMR2
02-01-2008, 07:58 PM
yeah timmy detents own the stock ones...

chnk
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
break in the acs bolt and buy yourself a high end force fed hopper

alter_77
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM
what's all this detents stuff that you are talking about?

With my MR2, I got a relatively cheap ($40.00) empire hopper that has the rotating wheel inside and i haven't broken paint with it. Then again, I'm not someone that just unloads with full-auto. I lost my jumper switch on my board, so the tournament lock (or whatever it's called) is on and I can only fire semi. Also, in regards to breaking in the bolt, how long should you leave it with the spring compressed in a drawer? I had it compressed for about 36 hours...should i go more?

interceptorMR2
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
the ball detent, its like the thing that basically keeps a paintball from falling out of the barrel when it is ready to be shot. thats why when you point your barrel down, nothing comes out unless you shoot. stock detents are somewhat weak, and they cant quite stand the pressure of force feeding electric hoppers, so in order to shoot "well/quickly" (i guess) on auto or semi then you might want to order some Bob long intimidator (timmy for short) ball detents. i got mine for about 3 bucks on ebay, and they definetly help. oh and when it comes to breaking in bolts, SOME may take a week to break in. i still need to break mine in for longer, 2 days didnt work for me, so im going for about 3-4 more days.

HavocNC
02-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Hey mine is still breaking in man. I have broken in my bolt for 5 days and have run 2 2000 boxes already from it and now it just started to stop chopping so just compress your spring in the bolt for about 2-3 days then get about a box of 2000 paint that is very good and just try to run em through on all modes of fire.