PDA

View Full Version : need advice on tank trade Cp 48/45k tank

chnk
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Alright i just agreed on trade for a CP 48/45k tank from a pbnation member for my draxxus 68/45k

well he shipped first upsp priority mail and i got it yesterday. I picked it up and now i think i found a favorite tank.

well the guy shipped the tank in a box that the cp tank fit a little bit too perfect with no bubble wrap or anything. Just a bare tank with tank cover in an empty box. The tank looked in lnib condition and came with a tank cover so i believed he never abused the tank. Well the tank was shipped with 1000 psi left in the tank. And there seems to be a little rattling noise coming from the reg when i shake it.

this is what concerns me. The i hooked the tank up and dryfired my marker until all the air was out and the reg seems to regulate the air fine and have a good output rate.

but the rattling noise is still there when i shake it.

is this normal for cp regs? the little rattling noise?

i messaged the guy back asking him about it. he commented back saying he used it before he sent it and it worked fine and didn't say anything specifying to the rattling noise.

or do you guys think this guys lack of shipping protection on his tank and the 1000 psi left in the tank could of damaged the tank reg or tank possibly?

any possible dangers that could of resulted from this?

thanks in advance guy i just wanted to know if the guy is holding something back from me before i ship out my tank tomorrow

i just rattled the tank again i can't seem to tell where the rattling other than its from the reg. kind of louder on the gauge side but not much more

deano 177
01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Can you take the reg off of that tank? If it went up on a plane during shipping that could have been bad ju-ju, I would think, what with the pressure and stuff. Do you have an airsmith near you that could look at it? That would be the first thing I would try.

VS3 Sniper
01-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey I have a cp tank reg on my dxs tank and it rattles a lil too. I don't think there is anything wrong with them I think its just the spring in the reg or something like that. Email cp if ur worried about it. They should be able to tell you.

MVS1
01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
My CP tank reg rattles when it's very low or empty, I'm pretty sure it's the fill nip pin and have never had an issue so I just dismissed it. It fills fine, holds air fine and has crazy fast recharge. You can get it checked but I 99.9% positive there's nothing wrong with it.

applesauce
02-01-2008, 03:51 AM
fill it up and see what happens.....

chnk
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
filled it up and it didnt blow up so guess everything is fine and the rattling is normal when its empty. thanks for the info